NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Been a tough year so far.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2011 at 1:22pm
Mike,
Keep up the good fight.. She's going to be ok. There are a few hundred of your closest CCFan friends all praying and pulling for your family...

Like was said, don't let the system beat you down. The means to the end is right around the corner...

Thanks for sharing..

Dave
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Mike a few years ago I spent 5 nights in that very same hospital with my daughter in intensive care. You are in good hands there, I've never seen the level of care they gave to my daughter anywhere. It is truly a life changing experience for sure, hard to imagine things will ever be ok again but persevere and stay positive. You and your family are in our thoughts brother, hang tough.

x2 Mike!
Best care you'll find anywhere!
Spent 4 weeks there in the Cardio ICU with my 6 month old adopted daughter. (You gave me chills as we had a similiar story in that had we left for skiing in NH that Friday of a Labor Day weekend they said she wouldn't have survived the weekend.)
But that was 18 years ago, Thank GOD BCH was so close!
Your family is in our prayers. Hoping that you'll be looking back on this with thankfullness many years from now too!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 2:30pm
Mike, good things happen to good people and i have a feeling your one helluva guy, things will turn out just fine for you, and it will be a distant memory. eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 2:48pm
Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes guys. I'm sorry to hear that some of you had similar experiences. Not to take away from anyone who hasn't because you appreciate all the support, but you guys are the ones who truely understand a feeling inside....a feeling that can't be understood unless you've been thru a scary situation involving your child. Worst feeling I've ever had. I'm happy to hear that every one is healthy now. Sounds like you guys went thru this a few years back...and your kids are now living normal lives. Thank god for modern medicine.
Keuka you and your family will be in our prayers I wish you all the best and hope everything works out for you.
We're hanging tough at this point just waiting for the hospital to get done on their end. I have no concerns with the team in Boston. I feel very fortunate to be so close to the best medical care in the country. I'm not sure how people who have to travel there can do it. I don't know what we would have done without so many family and friends in close proximity to us and the hospital.We couldnt have gotten thru this without them. It's been a little frustrating as this was all supposed to happen in June, but August is better than September...or October.....

I have taken a few things away from this whole situation as I'm sure many of you guys have in yours. Here are a few in no particular order:

- There will be people whom you always thought would be there when you need them,no matter what....and they won't be.
- You can't put a price on keeping family close, and together
- As it turns out, most of the things I used to worry about were ridiculously unimportant.
- No matter how bad things are, someone is always worse off. I thought it was the end of the world when we got out of that ambulance in Boston. One trip down the hall and I felt fortunate about the hand we were dealt.I actually felt guilty for feeling so bad about my daughter after I realized alot of those kids are never going to make it home.
- Reguardless of what you see and read everyday in the paper and on the news there are still an awful lot of good people in this world that will be there for you when you need them. The support we have recieved from the community, friends, family, and absolute strangers has been nothing short of unbelievable.

Thanks again guys (and ladies ) for the support. I'll keep you all posted as we move on.
   Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
WildH2OSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildH2OSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 12:46am
When she makes it through this bring her down to Alabama. I would be honored to have her ride a tube behind my boat. I'll even let my best friend drive... he was able to donate a kidney to his sister years ago enabling her to have a good life for years and years.
You and your family just need to remain strong, remember as my Grandmother always said "The Lord aint gonna put more of a load on you than he knows you can handle.".
Prayers from down south.
'85 2001
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 9:31am
you know Mike, when this *************** slaps you in the face it makes you realize how trivial things in life really are, a pretty good friend of mine daughter passed about 2 months ago on a dirtbike, she was 4 years old, I wept for the man in private, I wouldve given anything for this not to happen, but we have no control of what happens in life, in a way it makes you reflect and personally be a better person, maybe its a part of inner faith, and that inner faith helps with the outcome. we say to ourselves, can we be a better father or do more? but i think the outcome in your case, has something to do with what i said earlier, good things happen to good people, btw im not religous and not preaching, just glad to hear the outcome was positve
"the things you own will start to own you"
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 7:51pm
Mike, sorry to hear, but I wish you the best of luck.

If there's anything I can do, let me know. I live about 10 minutes away from Longwood Medical area (Childrens).

I don't have much in the way of a guest room, but I always have a sofa to crash on. And actually, from August 24th till the 31st, I'll be in Michigan for my brother's wedding, so I could let you use my place. Send me an email through the site if that helps.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2011 at 12:10pm
Mike, I just saw the thread and read through it. Best of luck over the next month and your family will be in our thoughts.

Your comments in your last post say it all - there are a LOT of good people in this world, sometimes it takes a bad situation to find that out.
Take care,
David
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 2:00pm
Mike

Your family will be in our thoughts tomorrow. Hope all goes well with the transplant.

David
86 Martinique
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 4:05pm
Prayers that all is going well and on schedule!!!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 6:32pm
Thanks guys. Waiting to get called down to recovery to see my little girl. Everything so far has gone very smoothly and both the donor and recipient are doing well. We spoke with the surgeon a short time ago and the kidney is in and is already functioning. Not out of the woods, but in waaaay better shape than yesterday. The people here are absolutely amazing....... hopefully she will be able to come home in a week or 10 days. Thanks again for the support.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 6:35pm
The Wrights are sending our healing powers that way.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 6:38pm
Great news Mike!Thanks for the update. We'll be thinking of you and the family all weekend. Looking forward to hearing you're all home resting comfortably.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 6:57pm
Great news Mike, and best of luck moving forward to better times!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 9:05pm
   Out of recovery and back in the room. She is awake and mad that she cant have something to eat, and the pain meds are working well. She just mumbled something about the ocean, sea horses and spiders crawling on her face. The nurse just asked if she could get me anything and i said "i'll have what she 's having". Dont think she was amused.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 9:11pm
Mike,

Patricia and I are praying for your daughter. We can't even imagine what you're going through. The good news is she has awesome parents. We'll be thinking about you this weekend. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Ken and Patricia
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 9:14pm
Wow a thumbs up and a smiley face emoticon in the same day!!! Fantastic Mike, all the best to your whole family.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 9:25pm
By the way, Mike, who's going to keep my boat properly anchored for me this year? You'll be missed in many ways. You have to still laugh about our boats floating away on us.......
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 9:29pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 10:11pm
Good to here such good news.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

She just mumbled something about the ocean, sea horses and spiders crawling on her face. The nurse just asked if she could get me anything and i said "i'll have what she 's having". Dont think she was amused.

Mike

Its all about a great sense of humor. This made me laugh! Laughter is a great healer only second to love.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2011 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by WildH2OSkier WildH2OSkier wrote:

When she makes it through this bring her down to Alabama. I would be honored to have her ride a tube behind my boat.

She will most likely be in Alabama sometime between now and next Spring. My wifes aunt is the donor and her and her husband live in Mobile. Their son is currently attending the police academy in Montgomery. We havent been able to get down there the last two years, so they made us promise to let them have the kids down for vacation sometime over the winter

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2011 at 12:59pm
Great news Mike. Glad all is going well.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2011 at 1:54pm
Good stuff Mike. Glad to hear all is going well. Tell your daughter she's got a bunch of CCFans in her corner wishing her a speedy recovery.

Going to Alabama huh? Hmmm, now if we can just get Pete down to drive we'd be in business but I'm not sure how we Southerner's would take to a man driving a Correct Craft wearing a monogrammed shirt?

Prayers from Hotlanta!   
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 12:11pm
Can't believe I've missed this,but glad to hear things are working out. Hope you and the Mrs are fine too,it's the most stressing thing you can go thru in life.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 6:51pm
Great news, Mike! Hopefully its all smooth sailing from here.

We missed you this weekend so hopefully we'll all catch up before too long.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 7:02pm
Great news Mike.

"I'll have what she's having."
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 7:10pm
Mike; wow what a story. I am so glad its all working out. Hope the progress continues. Keep us posted.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 7:14pm
Mike, we're so happy to hear it all went well. Bruce, Dave & Tom
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 12:53pm
Good to hear Mike. Sounds like things are going well, that's great news.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic