Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$4 gas... question?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
ky82sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky82sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 6:11pm
The reason gas is going to continue to go way up in price is because our current leadership in DC has placed a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf.
This started at the beginning of the BP Oil Spill. No one can drill in the Gulf until this is lifted. I don't think they will lift the ban until we elect folks who are pro USA and elect people who have the citizens of the US and not other countries and religions in mind. We have a Congressmen in KY, Steve Guthrie who is running his campaign based on Energy and the US being completely dependent on our own Energy Resources.
I think he truly understands what the cause of this current recession is and unless we all get our heads out of the sand and vote for folks like him you may be talking about $10. per gallon gas and you may be thinking about selling your CC boats. I hope it doesn't get to that.
1982 ski nautique
1966 Al Tyll Skier
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 6:19pm
The US is supporting offshore drilling!!

From WSJ article:

"Obama Underwrites Offshore Drilling
Too bad it's not in U.S. waters.

You read that headline correctly. Unfortunately, the Obama Administration is financing oil exploration off Brazil.

The U.S. is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil's state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. Brazil's planning minister confirmed that White House National Security Adviser James Jones met this month with Brazilian officials to talk about the loan. "

Goto WSJ online for the whole article....if you can stomache it! We are sooo *************** stupid in this country. Put people to work, drill our own and be done.

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 9:49pm
Luck you Eric. My little diesel (F250) gets 11-12 @>$4.00 per gal.

My new campaign is $100. I hand the attendent $100 and get as much as I can. I plan it wil be the same with the boat cause by summer it'll be $5 a gal and the tank is 32gal They'll see a hundred but will never see full.
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 11:00pm
Last summer I would pull up to the pump, pump gas into the suburban till it shut off at $75.00, then pull ahead and do the same in the Martinique. I have found that if you hit the "pay inside credit" button on the pump it doesn't shut off at $75 at my local station. Last fill up in the 'burb was $106.

David
86 Martinique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 12:21am
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

It seems the diesel motor is about 10K more than the gas version. If diesel is .30 more than gas that means you have to use over 33,000 gallons of diesel to pay the extra cost of the motor.

The diesel is a $6,000 upgrade but along with the better towing and fuel economy you get a better resale value.
I went to Kelly Blue Book and ran my truck with the diesel and then with the 5.4 Triton V8. The 5.4 was listed at 24,000 the diesel at 31,000.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 2:31am
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Drill Baby....Drill!!!!

We need to use our own resources instead of relying on OPEC!
[/IMG]

10 4 David

Drilling won't cut what the world will use by the time those drills produce anything.

We do need to use our own resources, and it will probably come from the US armed forces developing biofuel as a viable alternative to unsafe shale gas production and other less viable and or responsible methods. As an odd bit of fate, the same day that "deepwater horizon" killed all those workers and sunk, the US navy flew their first biofuel powered fighter jet.

Forcing the burdon of developing biofuel and alternative fuel on the US automakers is not the quick solution. The military getting the infrastructure to do biofuels will allow us to get a huge jump start on the real fix.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 2:33am
The US buys oil from 2 democratic countries...

Brazil and Canada. Nothing wrong with that. Relying on oil from countries that can't stop their own infighting ( middle east) is not a wise thing to do.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 10:21am
I love the guys at the pump who, when done turn it off and wiggle the hose thinking their getting the gas left in the hose.
Brazil, uses sugar cane based ethanol???? moreso than crude...
anyone notice food prices skyrocketing?

Im with Trump on this one, protection will cost you.
"the things you own will start to own you"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 10:43am
Gun driver,
Tell us more about making your own bio diesel.
How much fuel can you make a week ?
Did you build the distiller or buy a pre made one ?
The cost of the distiller ?
How much room do you need in the garage for the distiller ?
Ect...
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 1:11pm
you guys would never believe what i passed this morning, the gas station hah
dog, i think you are thinking of cornmash whiskey, next thing will be a grow room
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 2:10pm
I see the only problem with biofuel for Joe Q consumer is that fights will surely happen over who gets Mickey D's french fry oil when they are done with it.

We have a couple of guys here at work that run their trucks on bio-fuel and one even has a huge plastic tank in the back of his for collecting used oil.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 2:11pm
Eric,
My Cummin's gets 26 mpg, 75 mph @ 2000 rpm. Last trip to Mi we went from Cleveland to Raliegh NC on 1 tank. If I push it 740 mi on a tank of fuel.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 4:29pm
I just fueled up - $4.16 a gal. for diesel!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 5:47pm
and you just posted one of those reversable numbera 14141   

MA today $4.09 to $4.13   Ten minute drive into CT $4.22 & $4.31
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 9:05pm
Pilot here in Indy today is 4.05. Our coach gets just over 4 mph. Hard to keep passing cost on, for people are starting to not want to travel even at a group rate.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 10:01pm
Obama wants our fuel prices to be like they are in Europe...He said that before people voted for him. Just proves no one listens. I hate to wish my life away, but he has got to go. Problem is the next guy won't take us back to $1.75 gas either. DRILL, DRILL, DRILL!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Eric,
My Cummin's gets 26 mpg, 75 mph @ 2000 rpm. Last trip to Mi we went from Cleveland to Raliegh NC on 1 tank. If I push it 740 mi on a tank of fuel.

I had a tremendus tail wind coming home from SJRR. Pulling my boat at 70mph I got 25 mpg with my Jeep AND it starts in the winter
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 11:33pm
malcom, drilling here is not the real answer. Not at the rate China is consuming oil. Remember, we owe China a TON of money. More future in oil belongs to biogas and other non traditional fuels.

I took my motorcycle today and yesterday to work. I saved about 16 dollars on gas versus my car for the 2 days even though I had to endure 2 morning 40 minute commutes at 37 degrees.

Back to the near 20mpg car again for thursday and Friday due to rain.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Gun driver,
Tell us more about making your own bio diesel.
How much fuel can you make a week ?
Did you build the distiller or buy a pre made one ?
The cost of the distiller ?
How much room do you need in the garage for the distiller ?
Ect...

Made my own processor. I make around 40-120 gallons a week.(40 gallons per batch)How much I make depends on our demand and how much time I have. Right now I have a little better than 240 gallons in stock so I make a little here a little there to keep the inventory up.
Here's a couple of places to start reading.

These guys are the CCF of Bio.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/

Some good info on these forums
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/498605551

This is a good place to get an idea of what it takes to make Bio
http://www.journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_mike.html#filter
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 9:44am
put yourself in a position of profits, lets say your the drug dealer down on the corner and no metter what you do, you have a steady stream of customers, they need that drug regardless, their addicted and you feed off of this, you know if you jack the price up that day they will beg borrow or steal to pay that. on the other side of the coin these addicts are going to re-hab not needing that drug as much so your stream of customers diminishes, your not so dependent on that dealer anymore, he needs to set up shop in a different neighborhood to keep up his habit, you need less and less of that drug..its a simple choice just like Horkn riding his motorcycle back and forth,
we mandated i believe the mpg ratings from 24 mpgs to 32mpg's starting in 2013, its not the government which they have no control of oil prices, they are in control of keeping it lower by defending the countries that do produce oil, Really are gas is cheap compared to the rest of the world, but, if you can see the Europeons are not driving around in big Escalades, dodge hemi's, they have acclimated to the high oil prices they pay....so does the problem start with the government? probably not
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 9:47am
fck, kristoff pulls his boat with a car, and his boat runs on propane,.... acclimation
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 9:48am
Gunny's doing the same damn thing, not relying
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 1:49pm
We don't need to drill to flood the market with additional supply, we need to drill to become self sufficient. We do not need to keep oil as a world commodity. Drill, refine, and consume our own oil. Wind, Solar, Electric and Hydrogen are never going to over take oil, not in my kid's lifetime. You know it won't be long before the Gov gets into all your homemade biofuel business. You don't pay taxes, but you drive on the road. They will tax ME more when I register the vehicle to pay for your non taxed bio-fuel.

Why do I hate the Gov. so much?
Clark
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 1:53pm
I love this website. http://www.twincitiesgasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

It doesn't answer your question, but it does show the issue graphically.

You can pick the cities, add the crude line, change the time graphed. It is great.

Clark

malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 1:57pm
It certainly did start with the free market, then the gov. got involved and now the free market has very little to do with the price of gas.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2011 at 12:28am
Originally posted by malcolm2 malcolm2 wrote:

They will tax ME more when I register the vehicle to pay for your non taxed bio-fuel.
Clark

Sorry about that...NOT!!!

You have the same choice as me, either pay out your nose at the pump or take things into your own hands and do something about. I chose to do something instead of crying about high prices.
Nautique Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2011 at 2:29am
We took on fuel in Midway, Chicago. At 7.04/gal for Jet A I'm glad I'm not paying for the fuel. Too bad we burn about 450 gal/hr. Makes the 25 gal I burn in a weekend in the NSS seem like nothing.
1997 Nautique Super Sport

1989 Ski Nautique 2001 (Sold)
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2011 at 10:50am
I am not crying about high prices, I am BITCHING about the unintended consequences of government meddling. and I wish I had a diesel.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2011 at 11:22am
Originally posted by malcolm2 malcolm2 wrote:

I am not crying about high prices, I am BITCHING about the unintended consequences of government government meddling. and I wish I had a diesel.

I agree with ya about the government. Did anyone notice the cost of most food products increased when they mandated the 10% ethanol and now they're pushing for 15%.
Take a look at the ingredients, in most food products "CORN" in some form is one of the main ingredients. Let alone the ethanol is #$@king up all our motors other than the car we drive daily.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2011 at 11:30am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Take a look at the ingredients, in most food products "CORN" in some form is one of the main ingredients.

Well, seeing as how my Dad and Mom still have farms in Iowa and Illinois the price of corn has gone up so at least the hard working farmer has a little better life $$ wise. Just wish my Uncle and Grandfather were still around to see it ( well somewhat). Both were in their late 70's and still farming when they died.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic