Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Raw Water Pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tonali_III View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raw Water Pump
    Posted: June-07-2005 at 12:05am
Does anyone know where I can pick parts for my Sherwood (?) raw water pump? I have a 1974 Southwind 20 with a Chrysler M440 engine. I haven't done any extensive searches yet. I tried Discount inboard and they don't carry the parts for a Chrysler Engine. Any ideas? I hate to wipe out a 300 hp engine on a $20 part.
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 5:31am
SkiDim did not have the part for a Sherwood pump? That's surprising. Are you sure they weren't saying no to the Mopar? Cool engine by the way.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 11:32am
They should have the parts for the sherwood pump. Now if you where talking about the circulation pump then I doubt they would it. The raw water pump hangs to the side and the circulation pump is mounted to the timing cover in the middle.
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 5:34pm
Do you have an old impeller that you can get a part number from? If SkiDIM can't help you maybe you can find some information at:

http://www.hypropumps.com/Marine/MPG_Products.cfm?bums=Marine

It's the webpage for sherwood pumps. If you click the Impellers/Identification Chart link it will take you to a PDF with some measurements that could help you identify the right part number
Tonali_III View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2005 at 1:46am
Thanks everyone. I talked to Woody at CC Southeast and he gave me Sherwood numbers and actually has some in stock. He also told me that it uses 2 different size impellers as it is a double pocket pump. He also told me how to avoid annual replacement! You simply disassemble the pump in the winter and put in on the shelf. This way the impellers don't develop a memory and spring back in the spring. (no pun intended)
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic