NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Last night's speech.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 11:31am
Eric
Other than letting the congress spend like a drunken sailor what did bush do that was so wrong? Other than spending 3 times more what has Obama done differently? My understanding is Haliburton is one of only a few companies in the world that does what the do? Would you rather pay a foreign company to do the job? When I took at both presidents and their policies and the word Moron Bush is not who I think of?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 11:55am
Ranting about Bush and Haliburton is a sign of "Bush Derangement Syndrome".

Eric, if you think your part of the country is hurting now, be prepared for it to get a lot worse if our government doesn't get the deficit under control. The way we're headed, this country will be so far up side down no one will be able to bail us out.

What do you say we sell Alaska to the Chinese for 20 trillion and start with a clean slate? Then have a constitutional amendment that says we can't have a deficit.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

but then again the thoughts of moron quickly came back into my head....i really deep down think Hard has it on the nose, special interest groups, corruption, infidelity.
we need to quit playing army in the sand and get back to basics, Haliburton can feed off of the oil spill and make them boys down in Texas even richer

hot damb eric! You are a sick person. You need help bro, I can not believe you just said that.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

rithmetic man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rithmetic man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 3:10pm
I can only wonder when the current president can be man enough to accept his contribution to the mess he has helped create. At some point the excuse of blaming the previous administration for his ineptness gets very, very old. Do you really think you are better off now? Three times the number of soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan than the highest Bush era, unemployment at double digits, current 33% loss in new home sales... it goes on and on. My limited memory seems as though all of this started within weeks of Obama taking office. I had a job before Obama. I have been unemployed since May 2009 and cannot get a job even bagging groceries, I tried. A college degree, N.C. teacher certification in 7 areas, and 35 years in the classroom and I was replaced with a person who was not certified in the area I left teaching math in a course that has 1 state exam that you must pass at a level 3 of 4 to get a high school diploma which you would think would be important. The state did save a few dollars in salary but in the long run the children will suffer the consequences of those decisions and the parents will never know or care that their children were shorted. It really is a sad time in a once great land.
"Life is hard; It's harder if you're stupid...Pilgrim..."

John Wayne

1965 Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by rithmetic man rithmetic man wrote:

I can only wonder when the current president can be man enough to accept his contribution to the mess he has helped create. At some point the excuse of blaming the previous administration for his ineptness gets very, very old. Do you really think you are better off now? Three times the number of soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan than the highest Bush era, unemployment at double digits, current 33% loss in new home sales... it goes on and on. My limited memory seems as though all of this started within weeks of Obama taking office. I had a job before Obama. I have been unemployed since May 2009 and cannot get a job even bagging groceries, I tried. A college degree, N.C. teacher certification in 7 areas, and 35 years in the classroom and I was replaced with a person who was not certified in the area I left teaching math in a course that has 1 state exam that you must pass at a level 3 of 4 to get a high school diploma which you would think would be important. The state did save a few dollars in salary but in the long run the children will suffer the consequences of those decisions and the parents will never know or care that their children were shorted. It really is a sad time in a once great land.

Great post Wayne! Thats how it these days. And the sad part it is really gonna get worse.
After all his extreme spending it will catch up in the end of this year. I got a job making 50% less than I was in 2008 and 2009. And that is awful when people with even experience, and a degree in there field can not even get a job.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rithmetic man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 3:53pm
All politics aside, I just do not understand how any sane person can view the current situation in the U.S. as anything but negative and counter intuitive to the way of life we had just a short time ago. Just for the sake of argument someone name one good thing that this administration can claim as it own and back it up with a second one to prove that it was not a fluke of chance. I guess I am a little jaded in my own situation but when you have family depending on you and the situation taken out of your hands it is frustrating.

John Wayne

1965 Nautique

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 4:41pm
they gave me 8K after I bought my house George only came off about 600 and I didn't have to spend any money to get it either wooohooo ya baby.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rithmetic man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 5:04pm
Once you look at where the money comes from it will become evident that all of these programs are paying ourselves at a rate which can never be paid back in our or our childrens lives. Politicians should be proud of this one.
From CNNMONEY.COM BAILOUT TRACKER

Troubled ASSET RELIEF PROGRAM
Financial rescue plan aimed at restoring liquidity to the financial markets
Program Committed Invested Description
American International Group
* See complete AIG bailout below
$70 billion $69.8 billion $40 billion in preferred shares were converted to so-called non-cumulative shares that more closely resemble common stock. Treasury later offered another $30 billion in preferred shares for up to 5 years, in return for a 10% dividend.
AIG: Where your money is going

Asset Guarantee Program
Citigroup
Bank of America
$12.5 billion
$5 billion
$7.5 billion
$5 billion
$5 billion
$0
Funds set aside to backstop potential losses to government from Citigroup and Bank of America loans.
Auto Supplier Support Program

GM Supplier Receivables
(paid back)
Chrysler Receivables
$5 billion
$3.5 billion
($140 million)
$1.5 billion
$3.5 billion
$2.5 billion
($140 million)
$1 billion
Program to help stabilize auto suppliers by guaranteeing debt owed to them for shipped products, and providing financing to continue operations.
Parts makers get $5B

Automotive Industry Financing Program
General Motors(paid back)
Chrysler(paid back)
GMAC
Chrysler Financial(paid back)
$80.1 billion
$49.9 billion
($361 million)
$15.2 billion
($280 million)
$13.5 billion
$1.5 billion
($1.5 billion)
$77.6 billion
$49.9 billion
($361 million)
$12.8 billion
($280 million)
$13.4 billion
$1.5 billion
($1.5 billion)
Program that provides capital on a case-by-case basis to systemically significant auto and auto-financing companies that are at substantial risk of failure.
Restructure or else

Capital Purchase Program
* See full list of bailed-out banks
(paid back)
$218 billion
($96.2 billion) $204.7 billion
($96.2 billion) Preferred investments in banks to prop up capital reserves and encourage lending, in return for dividend payments and stricter executive compensation requirements.
Counting to $700 billion

Consumer and Business Lending Initiative

TALF investment
Small business loan program
TALF loss provisions
$70 billion

$20 billion
$15 billion
$35 billion
$20 billion

$20 billion
$0
$0
Programs to support private lending purchases of toxic assets and backing SBA loans. Also sets aside funds to backstop potential losses to government from purchases of mortgage-backed securities and other securities backed by consumer loans.
Making Home Affordable

* See additional $25 billion component
* See full list of participating servicers
$50 billion $27.4 billion Multipronged foreclosure prevention plan to help as many as 9 million borrowers by modifying or refinancing loans.
Obama launches mortgage rescue plan

Public-Private Investment Program $100 billion $26.7 billion Taxpayer funds used in partnership with private investment that will buy up at least $500 billion of toxic assets from financial institutions.
Treasury unveils 'bad asset' plan

Targeted Investment Program

Citigroup
(paid back)
Bank of America
$40 billion

$20 billion
($20 billion)
$20 billion
$40 billion

$20 billion
($20 billion)
$20 billion
Emergency funding, in addition to previous $25 billion capital investments, for Citigroup and Bank of America
BofA: $20B bailout
Citi dodges bullet

Funds paid back ($118.5 billion) ($118.5 billion)    
New initiatives $172.9 billion n/a    
TARP total $700 billion $356.2 billion    

FEDERAL RESERVE RESCUE EFFORTS
Financial rescue plan aimed at restoring liquidity to the financial markets.
Asset-Backed Commercial Paper Money Market Mutual Fund Liquidity Facility Unlimited $0 million Financing to banks for purchases of three-month asset-backed commercial paper from money market mutual funds to promote money market liquidity.
Bank of America loan-loss backstop $97 billion $0 Funds set aside to insure against bank's potential losses from Merrill Lynch merger.
Bear Stearns bailout $29 billion $26.3 billion Program to guarantee potential losses on Bear Stearns' portfolio; smoothed the way for JPMorgan Chase to buy the failed investment bank.
JPMorgan scoops up Bear

Citigroup loan-loss backstop $220.4 billion $0 Funds set aside to insure against bank's potential losses from mortgage-backed securities investments.
Commercial Paper Funding Facility $1.8 trillion $14.3 billion Purchases of short-term corporate debt aimed at boosting the struggling market and providing critical three-month financing to businesses.
Businesses find alternatives

Foreign exchange dollar swaps Unlimited $29.1 billion Exchange of dollars to 13 foreign central banks for collateral. Aim is to provide liquidity to foreign financial institutions.
Fed pumps out more dollars

GSE debt purchases $200 billion $149.7 billion Program to buy debt issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Aim is to reduce rates on home loans.
Fed bets on consumers

GSE mortgage-backed securities purchases $1.25 trillion $775.6 billion Program to buy mortgage-backed securities held by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Aim is to reduce rates on home loans.
Money Market Investor Funding Facility $600 billion $0 Programs to help money market funds by lending to funds directly.
Primary Dealer Credit Facility n/a $0 Long-time lending facility for commercial banks that was opened to investment banks for first time in March 2008.
Term Asset-backed securities Loan Facility $1 trillion $43.8 billion Program to buy consumer loan-backed securities. Aim is to revive the securitization market for consumer loans like credit cards and auto loans.
To TALF, or not to TALF

Term Auction Facility $500 billion $109.5 billion Lending program that allows commercial banks to unload hard-to-sell assets, including mortgage-backed securities: Fed takes assets as collateral and banks get cash.
Why bailout might not work

Term Securities Lending Facility $250 billion $0 billion Federal Reserve facility that loans Treasurys to banks against hard-to-sell collateral like mortgage-backed securities.
U.S. government bond purchases $300 billion $295.3 billion Federal Reserve will buy up to $300 billion of U.S. debt to support Treasury market and help keep interest rates down for consumer loans.
Fed total $6.4 trillion $1.5 trillion   

Federal stimulus programs
Programs designed to save or create jobs and jumpstart the economy from recession.
Economic Stimulus Act of 2008

Rebates for individuals
Tax breaks for businesses
$168 billion

$117 billion
$51 billion
$168 billion

$117 billion
$51 billion
Refundable tax rebates of up to $600 for individual filers and $1,200 for couples in effort to boost the economy. Businesses also received tax breaks.
Senate OKs rebates

Unemployment benefit extension $8 billion $8 billion Federal funds to extend benefits for the unemployed.
Unemployed? More help for you

Student loan guarantees $195 billion $32.6 billion Program to purchase federal student loans from private lenders. Aim is to provide financing to companies that provide student loans.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act

Tax relief
Stimulus
$787.2 billion

$288 billion
$499.2 billion
$358.2 billion

$62.5 billion
$295.6 billion
Infrastructure spending, funding for states, help for the needy and tax cuts for individuals and businesses to stimulate the economy.
Stimulus: Now for the hard part

Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing program $25 billion $8 billion Energy Department loans to help auto manufacturers and parts suppliers create new fuel-efficient vehicles. The funds are awarded through a competitive process to companies that can increase fuel standards at least 25% beyond 2005 levels.
Car Allowance Rebate System (“Cash for Clunkers”) $3 billion $3 billion Rebate program that gives car buyers up to $4,500 for trading in qualifying gas-guzzling vehicles if they're buying more fuel efficient cars.
Stimulus total $1.2 trillion $577.8 billion    

American International Group
Multifaceted bailout to help insurer through restructuring, minimize the need to post collateral and get rid of toxic assets
Asset purchases
Collateralized debt obligation purchases
Mortgage-backed securities purchases
$52.5 billion
$30 billion

$22.5 billion

$38.6 billion
$22.9 billion

$15.7 billion

$30 billion from New York Fed for purchasing clients’ collateralized debt obligations and $22.5 billion for purchasing clients’ mortgage-backed securities.
Bridge loan $25 billion $44 billion Loan to be reduced from $60 billion to $25 billion as government takes shares in AIG subsidiaries and receives cash flows from life insurance policies. AIG must pay 3% plus 3-month Libor rate to government in interest on the 5-year loan.
Government stakes in subsidiaries $26 billion $0 Government to hold preferred interest in entities holding all the common stock of American Life Insurance Company and American International Assurance Company, two life insurance holding company subsidiaries of AIG.
TARP investment
$70 billion
$44.8 billion
$40 billion in preferred shares were converted to so-called non-cumulative shares that more closely resemble common stock. Treasury later offered another $30 billion in preferred shares for up to 5 years, in return for a 10% dividend.
Other $8.5 billion $0 Government giving AIG $8.5 billion and, in exchange, is receiving cash streams from the premiums of blocks of life insurance policies.
AIG total $182 billion $127.4 billion

FDIC bank takeovers
Cost to FDIC fund that insures losses depositors suffer when a bank fails.
Program Cost to fund
2008 FDIC bank takeovers $17.6 billion
2009 FDIC bank takeovers
* See full list of bank failures
$27.8 billion
FDIC total $45.4 billion

Other financial initiatives
Other programs designed to rescue the financial sector
Credit union deposit insurance guarantees $80 billion $0 Temporary guarantee of all corporate credit union deposits above former $250,000 limit.
Money market guarantee program $50 billion $0 Treasury program to help money market funds by insuring against losses.
Run ends on funds

NCUA bailout of U.S. Central and WesCorp credit unions $57 billion $57 billion Cost to NCUA credit unions, with backing of government, to place two troubled credit unions into conservatorship
U.S. Central Federal Credit Union investment $1 billion $1 billion Cost to NCUA credit unions, with backing of government, to help troubled credit union cover anticipated losses on asset-backed securities.
Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program $1.5 trillion $308.4 billion Guarantees on newly issued bank bonds backed with assets on company balance sheets with maturities of more up to ten years. Aim is to restore liquidity to the corporate bond market and provide long-term financing to banks.
FDIC encourages banks to lend

Other financial total $1.7 trillion $366.4 billion    

Other housing initiatives
Other programs designed to rescue the housing market and prevent foreclosures
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bailout

Fannie Mae
Freddie Mac
$400 billion

$200 billion
$200 billion
$110.6 billion

$59.9 billion
$50.7 billion
Cost to the government of taking the mortgage finance companies into conservatorship.
U.S. seizes Fannie and Freddie

FHA housing rescue $320 billion $20 billion Funding set aside for insurance of new 30-year fixed-rate mortgages for at-risk borrowers, tax credits for first-time home buyers and assistance to states and municipalities.
The other housing rescue

Making Home Affordable investment
$25 billion $0 $20 billion from GSEs and $5 billion from HUD to help Treasury launch its $75 billion multipronged foreclosure prevention plan.
Other housing total $745 billion $130.6 billion    

Total $11 trillion $3 trillion   

John Wayne

1965 Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rithmetic man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2010 at 7:31pm
I sincerely apologize for the extremely long post and I promise this is my last post on this topic. The term billion as in dollars is only 7 letters long and is really impossible to comprehend. The following gives some reference to the term. After reading and comparing to the bail out figures, do you really think we as a nation with a sour economy with no jobs are not in a bit of a crunch?

1. A billion dollars in $1000 dollar bills stacked flat with a single thickness of about 0.0043 in. would be approx. 358.88 ft. or 1.19 football fields tall.
2. A billion seconds ago it was 1976.
3. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
4. A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age
5. A billion hours is about 114,155.25 years
6. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet
7. A billion inches is 15,783 miles, more than halfway around the earth
8. A billion dollars of the US debt – paying it off by one dollar a second – takes 31 years, 259 days, 1 hour, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds
9. A billion dollars ago was only 3 hours, at the rate our government is spending it (based on figures from usgovernmentspending.com ) and we’re talking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – 365 days a year – Congress will spend a little over 8 times that amount every 24 hours every single day in 2008

John Wayne

1965 Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 10:07am
the crystal ball seen this coming way, way before Obama hit office...he wasnt even a household name yet...did you ever get dug into a hole, its damn hard to get out
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 10:17am
the pubs seem to have CRS syndrome,
once in a while i think to myself, maybe he wasn't so bad, but then i click on the old wiping his hand on Clintons shirt trick...you cant spin that one. I'm not putting Obama on a pedestal by any means..Its just a good thing that there isnt a 3 term office or we wouldnt be having this conversation....how would he have handled his mess?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 10:40am

the crystal ball seen this coming way, way before Obama hit office...he wasnt even a household name yet...did you ever get dug into a hole, its damn hard to get out

How to get out of a hole?

Making the hole bigger and deeper, is that how you get out? Putting more people in more holes? Does that help? Blame the person that put you in the first hole, is that it?
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 10:49am

the pubs seem to have CRS syndrome,
once in a while i think to myself, maybe he wasn't so bad, but then i click on the old wiping his hand on Clintons shirt trick...you cant spin that one. I'm not putting Obama on a pedestal by any means..Its just a good thing that there isnt a 3 term office or we wouldnt be having this conversation....how would he have handled his mess?

We would have the same policies in Irag,afganistan, and gitmo because They have not changed. unemployment would be under six percent if he followed his track record. Spending would be way down,we would not see a sunset on the tax cuts so the economy would be better, and he didnt seem to golf much so maybe he would actually sit down with his oil buddies and figure out how to cap the damn well.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 10:50am
Time to start selling assets. Greece just put its islands up for sale. Maybe we should start with Puerto Rico.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 10:51am
[QUOTE=eric lavine] the crystal ball seen this coming way, way before Obama hit office...he wasnt even a household name yet...did you ever get dug into a hole, its damn hard to get out[/QUOTE

you must start to fill the hole at some point. obama is trying to dig us out through china, lots of ironies there.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 6:51pm
I am even more pissed today. Eric, you get your tax increase survey today. I did, your damb liberals in Washington is raising taxes again, and bringing back the dead tax. Boy he is real good.. You think they *************** gold up there..

I see a 12pk in my future..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2010 at 6:55pm
I think it is funny when he talks. I dont where he went to college, but his ecnomic thinking, or liberal in general think you spend to get out of debit. That makes you more in debit, with no creation at all. And then raise taxes on top for small business, corporations.. I swear!

You create through the "Private Sector", and allow them to build grow and taxes get paid. True growth!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 10:18am
we would not be in any better situation if the allmighty was in charge, a big vacuum sucked all this countries cash flow plain and simple, im not college educated but damn i know how to make money and I scanned thru all the approved loans that my wife would do title work on at home and at night 5 years ago in total fckin amazement, yes because of deregulating from a demmy president, and under a repubbys 8 year watch, this stuff going on was certainly illegal and in the back of my mind at the time I thought not much of it. The Laquisha Jacksons making 45k a year were financing 350k for a new house, the Juan Valdez's making 12.00 bucks an hour were taking seconds out for 100k, this was to pay they're intiatial kloans off...Im talking stacks of these approved loans from Fanny and Ameriquest and so and so on...thousands, the company my wife worked for employed 700 at the time just doing title work, so that tells you the volume of bad loans.
all these loans were bundled up as a nice little package and were sold as investments, the ones that your 401's sat in, your retirement plans.
at that point these people started falling behind on the payments because there is no fckn way making 45k a year that you could afford to make a 3000.00 a month house payment, thats whe the vacuum began.
At this point it trickled down not up, raising inflation, creating unemployment,
the banks quit loaning money which is key to a business on credit, and these are the thoughts of the current administration, you have to put money out there whether it be federal or from the private sector to get the ball rolling again...we quit purchasing products made within these walls and keep deflating the cash cow and sending money oversea's the same as writing bad loans.
like my local roads here around my house, im being assessed because there is no federal money to pay for the roads even though i pay my taxes, that hits me right in the nuts.
federal money had to bail out these bad loans and even the automakers and just flip the coin and think, what would happen if the government didnt bail them out......pretty sad. its no different than going to your mom and dad for a little help when your low on cash...if they didnt give you the money it would change the course of your life, more than likely for the worst
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 11:32am

we would not be in any better situation if the allmighty was in charge, ...yes because of deregulating from a demmy president, and under a repubbys 8 year watch, this stuff going on was certainly illegal and in the back of my mind at the time I thought not much of it....Im talking stacks of these approved loans from Fanny and Ameriquest and so and so on...thousands, all these loans were bundled up as a nice little package and were sold as investments, the ones that your 401's sat in, your retirement plans...
At this point it trickled down not up, raising inflation, creating unemployment,
the banks quit loaning money which is key to a business on credit, and these are the thoughts of the current administration, you have to put money out there whether it be federal or from the private sector to get the ball rolling again...we quit purchasing products made within these walls and keep deflating the cash cow and sending money oversea's the same as writing bad loans.
like my local roads here around my house, im being assessed because there is no federal money to pay for the roads even though i pay my taxes, that hits me right in the nuts.
federal money had to bail out these bad loans and even the automakers and just flip the coin and think, what would happen if the government didnt bail them out......pretty sad. its no different than going to your mom and dad for a little help when your low on cash...if they didnt give you the money it would change the course of your life, more than likely for the worst

Eric, you must have a blue tongue from all the demorat coolaid you have consumed. republicans or "bush" would not have spent like our current president, or passed obama care, or proposed new taxes and let tax cuts expire in a recession. Obama created uncertainty and saddled us with finacial obligations that can not be meet by taxing the rich. this is plain as day unless your ideology will not let you see them. You are correct about Freddeie and Fannie but follow the money and the management and it is a 99% democratic in origin. You are also correct about the lack of buisiness money but the origin is from all the pool of money typically available to buisness has been borrowed by the government. We do not have inflation yet. Inflation is to much money chasing to few goods. but it will come when employment improves.
Unlesss you live on the interstate your road is the responsibility of the local government. They can asses individuals or raise taxes on everyone and pool the money for street repairs. the result over time is the same. At least you know what this part of your taxes went for.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 6:09pm
Eric you see the problems but you just cant get over blaming Bush.
Bush had to deal with a democratic congress the faults you describe we passed by them. Bush is GONE how long will you give the present administration a pass.Government works best went both parties are equal in numbers then they will just argue with each other and stop helping us. Without government help the country will flourish.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 7:33pm
give me one good reason why we should be in Iraq or Afghanistan, then i might listen. I dont blame Bush for one minute but i will defend Obama that what is happening is not his fault and you guys finger point like Clinton gets blamed for NAFTA, do yourself a favor and do some more reading on NAFTA....
BTW, our community pool is on the street im being assessed for, maybe i should put a toll road up?
I am a Bush basher simply for the reason that young kids are dodging sniper bullets and i dont know why and im looking for that reason. dont come back and say for our countries security....step up to the plate and say whats on your mind.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 7:44pm
Cause.................

Quit yo bitchin'......

Ya gotta little work going on ?????????

Wide open / Bidding a good Aluminum transom repair.......

that will consume me till Kristof arrives...........

Shop will close for a few days while he is here.........

You wanna swap back yards with me Eric ??????

I did not think so..............

Tranny worked fine / thanx for the timely manner ........

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 8:11pm

give me one good reason why we should be in Iraq or Afghanistan, then i might listen. I dont blame Bush for one minute but i will defend Obama that what is happening is not his fault and you guys finger point like Clinton gets blamed for NAFTA, do yourself a favor and do some more reading on NAFTA....
BTW, our community pool is on the street im being assessed for, maybe I should put a toll road up?
I am a Bush basher simply for the reason that young kids are dodging sniper bullets and i dont know why and im looking for that reason. dont come back and say for our countries security....step up to the plate and say whats on your mind.

Eric, I Think I have been speaking my mind.

Cannot say if Afganistan and Irag where the right decisions, to many things presidents know that we dont. I do know Obama said we would get out of both and close gitmo when he was campaining and he has followed Bush's Irag policy, increased troops in afghanistan and failed to close gitmo.Obama must have learned about something when he got into office. I also remember a good general Petraous(no clue how to spell this) being dragged through the mud in conformation hearings under Bush(General betray us). Now he is the best thing since sliced bread to the democrats. How the media can ignore this blatent politicalising amazes me.
Where did the NAFTA subject come from and what do I need to know? Just took a college level global buisness class. I think I am kind of up on it. Anything you would like me to explain to you?

I also hate to see kids getting shot at. Especially when thier commander in chief wont let them shoot back.

Fault? Obahma has been in office and done enough things to claim plenty of fault. We have all been complaining about his fiscal ineptitude, your only rebutal is to change the subject to war and NAFTA? How is Obahma care and bailouts to big buisness, increased taxes and funding ACORN going to end this recession?

I read alot of your posts on many subjects, and a great percentage of your ideals are conservative when not discussing politics. I know there is hope for you and that is why I keep trying.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

Eric you see the problems but you just cant get over blaming Bush.
Bush had to deal with a democratic congress the faults you describe we passed by them. Bush is GONE how long will you give the present administration a pass.Government works best went both parties are equal in numbers then they will just argue with each other and stop helping us. Without government help the country will flourish.

Yes sir.. People want to keep bashing Bush, thats there only way out to make them or the democrats feel better. Wells said!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 11:46pm
Well said Dave..

Everyday I find out more stuf on the news. Now because the democrats are dropping like flies and there agenda of bad polcies, rapid spending, Mr Obama himself is doing a "Executive Order", and making 3 million illegal immigrants, US Citizens. WTF? And I got to pay for there ***************.. He needs votes badly, and that may be enough for him to get re-elected. I freeking hope not, he has done enough damage and refacing America, where my grandfathers died for this country.

Eric please to listen to us. It is our time to get our country back from the Niger Rich bastards in Washington. Excuse my language, but that what he is. Get a million a week to spend, and was suppose to last and he spend it in 30 minutes.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2010 at 11:59pm

BTW, our community pool is on the street im being assessed for, maybe i should put a toll road up?

UUUUMMMMMMMMM LET ME SEE ERIC... 09/11/2001 You need to read bro? Them people over there terrorists and think differently than Ammericans. They where promised, and raised to "HATE AMERICANS". Why? We have things they want, oil, money, and they just flat out hate us. It is like a "Pit Bull". They can be raised right, but if you dont they become angry, mean, and can snap at anytime, I mean anytime. If we pull out, what would we do if another 9/11 happened. How would Americans react? I know my fellow rednecks, and skin heads would literally kill every Islamic person, raghead, red dotted forehead Muslim there was. Do you think as a President you take a chance on pulling out on a pit bull like that, or keep them in check! YOU KEEP THEM IN CHECK, LET THEM KNOW WHO WE ARE! America Baby!

We have to stay there because of who they are and what they may or can not do? I feel a hell of alot safer with them there and my fellow troops keeping me safe along with my family too. If you cant see that Eric. Just stick to boats, stay away from polotics because you are ignortant.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2010 at 10:38am
would'nt it be a little simplier with some precision bombings like we did with Khadafy and Sadaam?
Ski, I think you just snapped, btw, there are 6500 nuclear warheads to protect our country...ready to go at the push of a button. and the planes flew into a building over here not in the dessert.....so we really are no safer, and maybe just maybe they ran into our buildings to create a hate against them????? i wouldnt say i was ignorant, but see things for what they are.
funny how we were able to locate Sadaam and his sons and send them a little message.
I better stop while im ahead, because i can see the tempers flaring
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2010 at 12:22pm
If you want to end the wars Obama needs to take the gloves off and let our boys do what needs to be done.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2010 at 4:01pm

would'nt it be a little simplier with some precision bombings like we did with Khadafy and Sadaam?
Ski, I think you just snapped, btw, there are 6500 nuclear warheads to protect our country...ready to go at the push of a button. and the planes flew into a building over here not in the dessert.....so we really are no safer, and maybe just maybe they ran into our buildings to create a hate against them????? i wouldnt say i was ignorant, but see things for what they are.
funny how we were able to locate Sadaam and his sons and send them a little message.
I better stop while im ahead, because i can see the tempers flaring

I think thats best. Score is 10-0...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 10:18am
"one must not drink when posting on forums" lol
so I guess were not pissed off at the Japs anymore?
ski, some good reading, Feb issue of Rolling Stone, Osama's kid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
  Share Topic