Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Last night's speech.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last night's speech.
    Posted: June-17-2010 at 12:09am
Soo... I figure someone would have asked already. What did you all think?

I wasn't sold since I learned more about what is being done from the Discovery Channel's "Disaster in the Gulf" documentary.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 11:35am
I haven't been watching or have taken the time to hear anything this idiot....Ooop... I mean President has to say. I'm sure it's all W's fault anyway. Counting the days til his outta there!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
6strings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6strings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 11:54am
Morfoot, you remind me of how I probably sounded when W was pres.
"...gotta keep rockin' while I still can..."
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 12:00pm
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 12:15pm
Just another datapoint why senators typically make lousey executives.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 12:19pm
Do Not Get The La. Boy Goin' ...........................
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 12:31pm
Are they going to shut the oil rigs down for 6 months? Billy, you think they can convert those rigs to wind power? Seems like they could put a giant turbine on each rig.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 1:07pm
I hate him more than ever.. Can not wait till November and we can regain our country back!! And they trying to compare Bush to Obama with Katrania versus the gulf.. Oh well just hang on till then..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 1:09pm
Goverment told him to "Drill Baby", "Drill Baby"!! Even when they saw the gurgle..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 1:11pm
Here you go, maybee this cheer up?   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRtqUNEKXdg
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 1:13pm
There next plan was to sink a bunch of ol boats to keep it away from LA.. Dumb asses!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2010 at 2:23am
I guess everything will be O.K since BP ponied up 25 billion. Really.... who decides what is a valid claim and what is not?

It sounds good for the cameras but in reality it will be a total nightmare.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2010 at 2:42am
Next speech he gives take a drink for every time he says any of the below.

"Let me be clear"
"Comprehensive Reform"
"Working Families"
"Some may say"
"Workers"
"I am totally committed"
"Make no mistake"
"Long before I took office"
"Inherited"
"Take on big (insert industry)"
"Must act..."
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2010 at 10:06am
i did hear they are going to try putting a wedding band around the pipe, for sure then it wont put out
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2010 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by DeepCreekNauti DeepCreekNauti wrote:

Next speech he gives take a drink for every time he says any of the below.

"Let me be clear"
"Comprehensive Reform"
"Working Families"
"Some may say"
"Workers"
"I am totally committed"
"Make no mistake"
"Long before I took office"
"Inherited"
"Take on big (insert industry)"
"Must act..."

I am in for that.. But you are forgetting one... "I am tired"
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2010 at 12:15pm
Recent editorial: Mort Zuckerman: World Sees Obama as Incompetent and Amateur

The world is starting to see this. Unfortuntely only about 48% of us saw this before November 08. The man brought nothing to the table. He had never run anything, how did people think he could run a country. The enamored press dismissed his lack of experience, his association with Chicago thug politics, reverend Wright, and an admitted terrorist. The press and an uninformed electorate was bamboozled by empty teleprompted speeches about hope and change. Of course Sarah Palin, a successful governor was imminantly unqualified to even be VP. And now we are paying the price. Even his moonbat girlfriends Olbermann and Chris "thrill up my leg" Mathews turned on him earlier this week. We are in trouble unless the houses turn over in November and until he receives his dishonorable discharge in 12. Till then all we can do is hold on tight and hope he doesnt destroy and spend our country beyond repair. What a horrific mistake.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2010 at 12:33pm
it was him or MCcain, and as Bin Laden stated he is the same kinda Moron as Bush, and what happened is exactly what I wanted to happen....make your country go broke just like i did with Russia....btw, they kicked Russia's ass to.
If MCcain was the Pres, his biggest adviser would be Bush and neither one of those knuckleheads would do whats best for the country...they started the snowball and threw in a blackman and he is taking the sht for it, Having Obama in there (which I am in no means a big fan of his) merely broke up the Monopoly in Washington. to this day, there is no reason to be in Afghanistan burning up billions, there was no reason to go after Saddam, that country is still in turmoil and will be 10,000 years from now....I really think things were better over there with Saddam in power, he wasn't even a household name until he stepped into Kuwait to control oil, we find excuses to go into other countries to cause turmoil, as with the towers, Bin Laden knew that would pull us into a situation and cause disruption over here. as i said before they tried bringing the towers down in 1993 and Clinton had Bin Laden in his cross hairs and was told to back off.
Its not always what we think, it always what were programmed to think, we create hate to justify a situation.
I think when all is done and said this oil problem is going to bankrupt BP
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2010 at 2:25pm
How come we get cap and trade when what we need is cap the well? The guy sure knows how to rape a crisis. Eric, how many trannys will wear out with 7$ a gallon gas?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

rithmetic man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rithmetic man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2010 at 9:36pm
I happened to read a brief on CNN the other day about Obamas speech which stated that it was written at a 10th (about 9.8) grade level which would probably preclude most Americans from understanding the concept of the speech. As stupid as that sounds, it is in line with what I worked with in a high school math class everyday where everything was written at about a 7.5 vocabulary grade level. The irony for me was that after 35 years in a classroom I never had a father complain to me personally about how hard the work was for their child, mothers were horrible for trying to protect their children from a less than excellent grade, and more than not administration gave in to change the grade. I was never surprised at how we graduated children who could not read after trying to please these mothers who wanted their children to feel good about themselves rather than be educated.
"Life is hard; It's harder if you're stupid...Pilgrim..."

John Wayne

1965 Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 12:16am
Some people just dont know politics.. Obama's is screwed in November.. He is "Truely" a Muslim and a progressive leader with the goverment. Listen to his speeches, and he can not even handle this oil spill in the gulf. Pushed that un-constiutional health reform on us, is tring to reface America and Wallstreet, fuk em... Democrats that work this way, there economic solutions to fixing a hole in the ground, or how they think is "sickening"!!!
Pretty sad when his own party knows he is a damb crook, with that lesbian Peloski, and Harry "Ignorant" Reid.. They couldnt fix a pimple on my rectom for all I know..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 12:21am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

it was him or MCcain, and as Bin Laden stated he is the same kinda Moron as Bush, and what happened is exactly what I wanted to happen....make your country go broke just like i did with Russia....btw, they kicked Russia's ass to.
If MCcain was the Pres, his biggest adviser would be Bush and neither one of those knuckleheads would do whats best for the country...they started the snowball and threw in a blackman and he is taking the sht for it, Having Obama in there (which I am in no means a big fan of his) merely broke up the Monopoly in Washington. to this day, there is no reason to be in Afghanistan burning up billions, there was no reason to go after Saddam, that country is still in turmoil and will be 10,000 years from now....I really think things were better over there with Saddam in power, he wasn't even a household name until he stepped into Kuwait to control oil, we find excuses to go into other countries to cause turmoil, as with the towers, Bin Laden knew that would pull us into a situation and cause disruption over here. as i said before they tried bringing the towers down in 1993 and Clinton had Bin Laden in his cross hairs and was told to back off.
Its not always what we think, it always what were programmed to think, we create hate to justify a situation.
I think when all is done and said this oil problem is going to bankrupt BP

BP is done and so is Cameron.. I would have to agree on that..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 12:22am
Yea he is doing great. We are going into a "DOUBLE" Recession..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 12:48am
Yet again, he voted present!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 1:04am
Wonder why he "Pushes" so much for illegall immagrants into this country. For that vote in November, because that is all he got..

I apologize if I offend anyone but politics and where the world is heading, I feel sorry for my little nieaces. They are screwed,blued, and tattooed if you know what I mean.. He is not a leader!! This liberal bull honkey got to stop..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 12:08pm
omh, people are adaptable, truck sales, Hummer sales slumped, when gas hit 4 bucks a gallon...you adapt, personally i think gas should be 7.00 bucks a gallon, the demand for oil would decrease and i really think we wouldnt be so waisteful, there is only so much to go around and we depend and defend to ensure the price stays where its at. that 2 bucks a gallon keeps our taxes high because of the paid protection and alliances we have with oil producing countries. we protect and control. everybody answers to somebody no matter how high up the food chain, we protect countries such as Israel and did you ever wonder why?
it seems like there is light at the end of the tunnel and personally i feel things are better than they were 2 years ago
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 1:33pm
Eric
I can't follow your logic with the $7 gas at $4 it sent the country into recession. Like it or not this country runs on oil shut it down and the country will follow. As for Obama his arrogance is only topped by his incompetence.
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 2:35pm
Eric, I have to agree with you on one point. We are definately better off than we were back in 2008 when the market tanked and the depression/recession hit all of our industrys. While things are in no way good, they are off of the bottom that we were at.At my job we have hired workers back and are no longer in a big time money losing situation every month.Don't know who the right man is that can take this country and its people back to where we once were. No matter who is in charge the opposition will always be boisterous. When the next election comes we will make another decision and I hope we keep moving forward. We need to get this country back to work and prosperous again.More money in our pockets means more transmission repairs at your shop.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 3:04pm
When the president decided to close Guantamino he said it was complicated. When he took on the recession he said it was complicated, Iran, complicated, Afghanistan, complicated, banking, complicated, the auto industry, complicated, healthcare, complicated, illegal immigration, complicated, the cop and the proffessor ordeal was complicated. Even picking a dog was complicated. Now the oil spill is complicated. We need to give him some simple problems as he can't handle complicated.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 4:13pm
[QUOTE=eric lavine] omh, people are adaptable, truck sales, Hummer sales slumped, when gas hit 4 bucks a gallon...you adapt,

Yea we adapted, but know things are even rougher. The company I worked for laid me and a bunch others off in March. Well I thought I would find the same pay no probs. Boy, was I wrong..
When someone finally chose to call me, 2 months later in May, the best I could find was 12hr.. Now I have to addapt and can not do anything stupid, no extra trips, stay at the house and drink beer and enjoy the LCD television a little more. Cant go to the lake as much anymore.Things are just tough for everyone, and even Companies know have had to cut back on employees, and turn there focus on how they do business differetnly. But a double recission is not what we need. Get everybody working again, and quite trying to say we are doing excellent job creation, cause all this guy has created is goverment jobs. Boy that is gonna do alot for regular business people.   
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2010 at 8:06pm
You say double recession? Just wait until the 'Bush Tax Cuts' expire. That is pretty much gonna take a bite out of everyone not just "the rich".

We have a meeting this week with our accountants to see how bad next year is going to hurt.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic