Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Considering purchasing a Correct Craft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BamaCritter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BamaCritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Considering purchasing a Correct Craft
    Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:08pm
For my husband for Father's Day. The boat is old and dirty, but could be awesome! It has an Evinrude Starflite outboard motor (90s). The serial number we found on the boat is br112 Orlando FL (but maybe that's not the serial number?) ...the owner's phone number is disconnected and the boat is way out in the country. I am wondering what year it is and what I need to look out for. They are not asking much for it at all and would be a steal, I think but also a project. It is all white on the outside and the interior is white and light blue. Could be a beauty. We saw no holes - some damage on the back corner, but nothing major. But we have never restored a boat or worked on one! Any advice?

Thanks!!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:15pm
I don't believe CC ever made a boat that required an outboard motor to be used, they are all pretty much inboards with some I/O's and jet drives as well. So keep looking.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:17pm
Pics would be helpful... if this is a Craigslist find, post a link.   I'm no expert, and could be corrected by some of the others, but this doesn't sound like a CorrectCraft... all of the modern boats are inboards, not outboards, although that may have been different back in the wooden boat days.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:23pm
Bass Nautique?
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:24pm
CC did make some outboards, but it has been over 40 years. Would be unusual if you have found one.

Pictures would be helpful. From your description, it's not adding up 100%.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:25pm
I stand corrected. Forgot all about Bass Nautiques. They had outboards and I beleive were manufacturered in the 80s. BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I don't believe CC ever made a boat that required an outboard motor to be used, they are all pretty much inboards with some I/O's and jet drives as well. So keep looking.

Chris,
You need to spend more time in the reference section!! Plenty of O/B woods and then yes the Bass Nautique.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BamaCritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:30pm
I have no idea - there is nothing on the side of the boat except for the CC emblems - white plastic. The entire exterior of the boat is white - maybe it's been painted? The interior is white and pale blue - only has 2 seats and 2 seats in front of the windshield. It has a bumpy floor - no carpet - some kind of sprayed floor.

We are not looking for an authentic restoration project, just a fun easy to drive boat to tool around the lake in and ski. So, while I appreciate the authetic restoration process (I am into Airstreams, myself) - this is not the boat for that. But it is cute! I just want to know how old it is? And what it is supposed to look like. The serial number is just BR112.....we found that on a plate at the rear of the boat. I appreciate all of y'als help with this! All info is helpful - we have never done this before!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:31pm
There is a picture of a Bass Nautique in the 1984 Brochure. Click on the reference section of this website. Does the boat look like a Bass Nautique?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BamaCritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:32pm
I only have a video of it and the file is too big to post. It's not wood. The motor that's on it is an Evinrude Starflite 90s - but I doubt it's original?
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:34pm
If it is a wooden boat, you may not want to buy this one. It is very expensive ( $20K) to pay some one to put a new bottom on a boat. Once you dig into them you will find more rot that needs to be fixed. You need to have a passion for woodworking and some wood working equipment if it is a old wooded boat.

JMO,

Donald

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BamaCritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:40pm
It's not wood....it's fiberglass, I suppose. It doesn't look like the Bass Natique....I think its from the 70's - it has the split windshield; it also has the railing that goes around the front - but it looks like a ski boat instead of a fishing boat - does that make sense?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:47pm

(1973)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BamaCritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:54pm
What year is that? It looks very close - could be the one! I need to see a pic without the cover. Is this manual in the reference section? The year is cut off. Wow - what a looker she is!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BamaCritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 4:55pm
Oops - I see now - 1973 T-18 Tri Hull Outboard. Going to reference section now.....
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 9:52pm
bamacritter,   now that it seems you've identified the boat (with the help of a "few" knowledgable guys )   I would caution you that this boat is likely made with wood stringers and floor, and could have rot issues.   Read up on the (82-89 boats)2001 hull styles and how to check for tight motor mounts, soft spots in the floor, etc.   Any bargain you may get on price could be negated by a stringer rebuild.   Also, pound for pound, outboards are very expensive if you need to replace.   I would assume that the parts are expensive also.... make sure it runs well... again, money saved up front can be easily spent on frustrations later.   Keep your head on while looking, don't get "boat fever".... know what your getting into! BTW.... great fathers day gift idea!
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 11:18pm
Got to agree with Dreaming on this one. Not only are the stringers wood, but so it the transom (the part that supports engine). Typical outboard boats of this era had glass encapsulated wood transoms. Be sure to check it out thouroughly. Correct Craft may have built their transoms differently....I don't know.
Hopefully, this boat will check out OK and make a great Father's Day present.
daddyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2010 at 3:48am
Pigtails are cool. 73 must have been a very good year...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic