NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foot's 86 PU/88 Masters Boat rig of the Month

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foot's 86 PU/88 Masters Boat rig of the Month
    Posted: May-24-2010 at 11:41pm
Here's the rig that I'm taking to the 51st Masters Tournament on Thursday. I've worked hard at refinishing the trailer,upgrading the truck to a 350, and painting it too. I've spent long days and nights getting her ready to represent CCFan.com the best I can. I've even lost 10 pounds in the process.

Through Keith, Art Cozier and Jen Abel it has been verified that this boat was a towboat at the 1988 Masters. I also got an email from Andy Mapple himself saying that he does indeed remember a Red and White tow boat that year but would need pictures or video verifying if my boat pulled him to victory that year. It is indeed an honor to bring her back to Callaway Gardens.

I want to thank my wife Kim for putting up with the long days and nights(for the last month)of me working on this project and not having much of a husband.

Thanks to:
Keith for letting me represent the site for the 80's decade at the Masters.
                      &
MartyMabe and "PaulyBanana" Oxley for getting me the much needed decals for the restoration. You guys did a great job.

I'm really looking forward to the event and representing the guys here who love these boats for what they are, and who go to great lengths to restore them to their glory days.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 11:46pm
Beautiful rig and great job!! Cant wait to see it up close!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 11:59pm
Tim,
The boat and truck look really good. Nice way to represent.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 12:02am
Looks great. No front license plate required on the truck in Georgia?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 12:04am
Thats correct, no front plate in GA.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 12:52am
Tim, the truck, trailer and boat look great!
Way to go
Have a fantastic time this weekend.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 1:01am
Tim,

WOW !!!!!!!

Donald
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 1:04am
The boat looks great, but around this place that's nothing spectacular or unusual. I really think you took it to another level though with the matching period truck. Very impresive combination.
phickman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 1:34am
Class Act. Just like looking into "Back in the Day". Great Job. See if you can find your "Panama Jack" shirt that was so popular back in the 80's and you'll be totally authentic.

Paul
Paul Hickman
Dieseldawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieseldawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 2:07am
Lookin' good Tim! All those long days and nights have paid off, thats a beautiful setup. I can't wait to see it in person.

Thats a good looking sticker just above the camper-top handle "Go Dawgs"

Matt
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 3:12am
Awesome Tim. Great story too. Have a fun and safe trip.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 3:20am
Just awesome Tim.

Hope you guys have a great time and great weather. I know you and all the other guys will represent us well. Sure wish Patti and I were gonna be there.

Travel safe!

john

Edit; Just noticed the "extra" plate...very cool. Whole trailer job looks great.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 8:57am
Tim WOW! I think you better take that rig to GL this year.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 9:29am
Tim,
I'm very impressed with the job. Fantastic!! Did you already have the truck or did you go out and get the matching one?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 11:12am
Put some 26's on that truck!

Cool indeed! Believe it or not,I've been looking at some 1966 Buick Skylarks to pull the 66 with, but everything either needs a total restore,or a $14,000 vehicle already.A couple in Ohio that's not too bad for $2k.
That would be the most awesome thing if we could all find a period correct vehicle to tow with. I guess we all need to go out and buy 'newer'CC's.

Great job Tim and see ya Thursday

Now we need a calendar for Tow Rigs---1 vote for 'Morfoot'
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 11:44am
Thanks for the compliments guys!

No Pete, I already had the truck. Bought it in 96 with only 55k on it. It was a darker red and tan. The 305 in it was shot (84K) and I wanted to put a 350 in her so that she'll pull the 88 anywhere w/o problems. I want to make the drive to GL one of these days so I went ahead and dropped her in. I reshot the truck in the side yard using some expired "red" polyurethane paint that work can no longer use. I bought a HVLP gravity fed gun tore of the front 1/4's,hood, bed, and glass to prep. The painting wasn't that bad it was ALL the freaking prep work.

I got lucky on the grey pinstripe I ordered off ebay as it is the exact size and color as what's on the boat. After a conversation with PaulyBanana, he informed me that the original striping was indeed reflective so the search was on. I did manage to find it on the web and ordered 3 rolls to do the job.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 12:01pm
Where's the little hanging gators Tim???? Hahaha, what a neat set up... You should feel real good about all the work. Nicely done !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Believe it or not,I've been looking at some 1966 Buick Skylarks to pull the 66 with,

I'm certainly not really in the market to do this, but every now and then I look at ebay for a 70s short (rock band) van to haul the tique. Would be fun. Of course it would need a mural on it like someone on here (can't remember who) had.

Tim, Boat and truck look great. You, like Marty with his freshly polished 93 will definitely be doing CCF proud, as will all the CCF boats there. Y'all have a great time.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 1:29pm
Tim-

Very nice!

Tim

TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 2:14pm
Wow, I love it! Excelent job!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 4:05pm
Oh my, That's a rig right there boys. There nothing like an old truck pulling and old boat.

Back when I was younger my dad used to pull his first red 74 ski nautique with his 79 lil red express truck. I if theres two vehicles I wish he would have kept that would be the two I would pick. It was just beautiful.

You'll really steal the show at the masters with that rig.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 4:49pm
Wow, very nice.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 7:23pm
Tim,

One word: AWESOME !!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 7:58pm
Looking good there!! I want that Pick up..   
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 9:23pm
Hey, really like the photo's of the boat and rig! Thanks for taking a close-up shot of the trailer decal! Enjoy the Masters and take more pictures!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2010 at 9:30pm
Really nice job on the rig. That boat is gorgeous!
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2010 at 2:19am
Beautiful combo! nice work Tim.
83Ski
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2010 at 2:32am
Nice rig Tim!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2010 at 2:40am
That is an impressive matched pair.

David
86 Martinique
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2010 at 10:26am
Beautiful Rig!!! I love the red/white theme, as well as the fact they are time period correct. That rig is a keeper!!

Do you have performance mufflers on it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic