NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super Sport Vs Sport Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 11:17am
Thanks for your reply. I just asked because the newer, PCM Excalibur 330 Chevy powered Nautiques are way, way out of my price range still. I've heard that the Ford 351s are very robust though and if parts are still really easy, that's great
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 11:56am
If you are just recreational wakeboarders and like to do some skiing, nothing hardcore, I would consider a mid to late 90's Air Nautique. You get DDrive, tower, no wood stringers, and you should be able to pick up a nice one for a decent price. Personally, we do a lot of skiing, so the 95 open bow fit the family perfect after we outgrew the 82SN. The way the 95 is built, I can see it lasting for a longtime! Wait, it already has!
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

You could also dump the F150 and get a matching Chev P/U!!

Those words make me cringe!

I finally got my new boat! I went with a Martinique, Ford 351. Couldn't beat the price. It meets all of my requirements, Correct Craft, Open Bow, Ford Motor. Life is good.     

My friend has a Sport Nautique, so once it warms up I should be able to have a good comparison between the Marinique's and the Sport Nautiques.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by robertbruder robertbruder wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

You could also dump the F150 and get a matching Chev P/U!!

Those words make me cringe!

Rob,
Are you a empolyee of Ford or one of it's suppliers?

We're stamping all of the Ford pickup frame parts for the 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton chassis for Tower automotive. Are you sure your Ford frame is good? I'd take a look under that pickup one of these days!! I cringe too!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:37pm
Pete,

I am not a Ford employee, I just come from a Ford family. My grandfather was a mechanic and my Dad is an engineer in the automotive/marine industry. Everyone in my family has always owned Ford vehicles.

My first car was a 1968 Mustang and most of my inboards have been the Ford 351's. So I am very familiar with that particular motor.

As for the truck, none of the Big 3 quiet make 'em like they used to. Cars and trucks have come to be almost disposable items.

Keep with the classics!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 3:16pm

I finally got my new boat! I went with a Martinique, Ford 351. Couldn't beat the price. It meets all of my requirements, Correct Craft, Open Bow, Ford Motor. Life is good.     

My friend has a Sport Nautique, so once it warms up I should be able to have a good comparison between the Marinique's and the Sport Nautiques.

Sweet- congrats! Post some pics of the new boat.

What did you end up doing with the BFN?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 3:30pm
Allison is approving the Diary for the Martinique now. I'll let you know when it is up.

I ended up selling the BFN for what I had into it. There was a lot of interest in the BFN project boat. It sold the day after I picked up the Martinique.

How's the '71 Skier project coming along?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 3:43pm
Cool. There is still a 87-88 BFN in my future... someday!

No progress on the Skier yet. Its still a shell up on blocks. Paint gets stripped this spring, along with new stringers and floor. We've got all the parts- just need the time to work on it.

The '79 BFN is in the garage and just about ready to accept the new structure. The material is in so hopefully we'll get it wrapped up by spring.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 5:40pm

There will most likely be another BFN in my future. I'll have to see how the Martinique works out for me. Maybe sell the Ski Supreme and use that towards a BFN. Or sell both and get a Super Sport or Super Air. Who knows.

Unfortunately I can't afford to have one of every model.

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

We've got all the parts- just need the time to work on it.

This is the exact reason I was willing to let the BFN go for now. The Martinique and Ski Supreme are water ready.

Keep me updated on the progress of the boats. Hopefully they will be done by the next CCF Reunion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I just asked because the newer, PCM Excalibur 330 Chevy powered Nautiques are way, way out of my price range still. I've heard that the Ford 351s are very robust though and if parts are still really easy, that's great

Bri,

The Ford 351 was pretty much the standard motor up until the '90's. Both my Ski Supreme and Martinique both have the marinized Ford 351 with 230 hp. Plenty of power to tow one person. The other option at the time was a Chevy 454 with 330hp. This was an available option for several of the Correct Crafts at the time but was most often found in the Barefoot Nautiques and the Martiniques.

Try www.skidim.com to find parts for your 80's Nautiques.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 11:05pm
I want not go with anything else in a boat than a Ford motor.. I think there a better and more effecient motor than the Chevy's..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 3:06am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Post some pics of the new boat.

Here's the new Diary Page.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5046
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 12:03am
Robert....Congrats on the Martinique. You will like it for its roominess and smooth ride. However, you better stock up on teak oil. Lots of teak in that boat. I had an '87 Martinique that had a 351. It was a good family hauler in the rough waters.

By the way, where in Indiana you from? What lake will you use the boat on? If you are near Chicago, come out for beers on the 10th (see Chicago Beers post in Off Topic section).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 10:43am
David,

Thanks! I'm excited about the new boat, and thanks for the invite. I live in Indianapolis and am usually at the Indiana Lakes. (Geist Reservoir, Morse Reservoir, Lake Maxincuckee, Lake Manitou, Lake Hamilton, Lake Wawasee).

Anyone else ever around those lakes?
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 11:10am

Here's the new Diary Page.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5046

Rob,
Just so you know, you can mouse over anyones avitar picture and clicking on it will link to their diary.

Also providing a link here on the CCfan site is somewhat more complicated than other sites. You need to first go to "post reply". Clicking on the world icon will bring up the decription you want on the link. Clicking ok brings up the second box. This is where you paste in the address.

here's your link to your diary

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 1:53pm
you need to check out Monroe in Bloomington, about an hours drive from Indy and the largest reservoir in the state, we are always there memorial week-end to kick off the season.

Wawasee is good, Tippy is another good spot, we also hit mississinawa and salmonie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 4:19pm
Pete,

Thanks for the link info. Now I know how to add it to my signature!

Chris,
I've been meaning to make it down to Monroe. Mississinawa is great. I used to go to camp on Tippy! I'll keep an eye out for that '79 Nautique.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 4:55pm
well you better go to Angola and lake James to see it or you can stop over at the barn and kick back some coldies on the '80 i have if you want.

If your out Memorial week-end look for a 380 Nortech rafted up with some Sea-ray's, couple Fourwinds, a Powerplay and a couple Baja's, one old boy usually brings his Formula as well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 7:20pm
Memorial is usually Lake Wawasee for Friday and Saturday then Lake Hamilton for Sunday and Monday.

I'm always up for a beer.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 1:21pm
do you have friends in syracuse that you stay with or rent something?
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 2:39pm

David,

Thanks! I'm excited about the new boat, and thanks for the invite. I live in Indianapolis and am usually at the Indiana Lakes. (Geist Reservoir, Morse Reservoir, Lake Maxincuckee, Lake Manitou, Lake Hamilton, Lake Wawasee).

Anyone else ever around those lakes?

Robert...I guess Indy is a bit of a haul to have beers in Chicago. I didn't know if you lived up north. I grew up in Fishers, and still have family, there, and all over Indy. I learned to ski on Morse waaayyy back in the day, as well as put many hours in out at Geist. I went to HSEHS which is very near Geist.    

Where abouts in Indy do you live?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 4:29pm
Chris,
When in Syracuse (Wawasee) I generally stay with friends from College. Several of my friend's families have lake houses on Wawasee.

David,
Getting to Chicago isn't bad its the drive home after having the beers.
I learnt to ski on Morse as well. My Uncle had a house on Morse when I was growing up and I had a condo until last year when the lease was up.

Now I live in Zionsville and have a slip at the Morse Marina. That way I can stop at Wolfie's for a cold one after a day on the lake.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic