Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

68 Chris Craft

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
Author
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 11:09am
never built a trailer queen, probably wont start now... It does get a pretty fancy house for the summer though, probably should have build a door in the front of the enclosed lift so i could sit on the deck and look at it to.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 11:39am
Big project in the home stretch! That last push is always more work than you expect… but sleep is over rated and it will be worth it. Take your time on the important stuff but keep moving forward and victory will be yours. 4+ years in the works take the time to enjoy it
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 2:16pm
Nothing gets finished without a deadline, Chrome platers just called and have parts finished. I have friends running for parts today, helping evenings installing and adjusting we might make it... got to make a run up to the lake tonight and set the lift then back to the shop for another late one. Good thing I took next week off to go to the lake and spend the anniversary, and sleep.
Boat Pics
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by 75 stang 75 stang wrote:

Nothing gets finished without a deadline

Around here as long as I have a running boat nothing gets finished in the summer until it rains. I crawled out of a bilge around 1:30 last night.. the price of having fun while the sun shined!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 5:08pm
Sean,
Will this be in the Lake James Antique and Classic boat show?
Sorry if I missed that earlier in the post.
Looks FANTASTIC!

Steve
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 5:27pm
Maybe, 20th wedding anniversary is wed. that i'm shooting for, if it all comes together well we may take it over there for a while. I'm not big on shows, most purists tend to dislike my modifications and feel the need to tell me exactly what I did to offend them. Your welcome to stop by the the cottage and have a peek if you don't see it there.
Boat Pics
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 6:38pm

I'm not big on shows, most purists tend to dislike my modifications and feel the need to tell me exactly what I did to offend them.

Sean,
Just take all their comments in one ear and out the other.    I think it looks great. I don't think the Lake James show is a formally judged show by ACBS rules anyway.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2012 at 9:42am
Sean, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it, if I don't see you at the show!
If you don't take it, I understand. I'm not big on shows either.
Steve
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2012 at 12:52am

14 hours and 2-3 helpers most of the day but its wired and most of the trim is on. Interior, check engine alignment tomorrow and water testing...

Im not after judging praise and approval, I just like hanging out with people that enjoy the boats, cars whatever. Im going to try and go for at least the morning half, maybe longer, we will see how the water tests go this weekend. i need to get to the lake, my week of vacation started at 5 tonight and I'm burning great drinking weather here in the shop again.
Boat Pics
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2012 at 1:44pm

Not quite 100% and its not perfect but not bad for a rookie. Last chapter to this story should be surrounded by water tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Maybe we will get to meet you saturday Steve.
Boat Pics
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2012 at 2:06pm
Sean, looks terrific, where do you boat?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2012 at 2:42pm

Im not after judging praise and approval

If you ever have it at a show and do feel like it, I feel you should opt in on the judging. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 11:05am
Crooked lake is where we run. I finally got it finished out and running well after a good fuel tank cleaning and a bucket of crap out of the tank but all is well now. Longer report later but i missed the show saturday cleaning the fuel tank out, all is good now. A few more pics Ill throw in the link here as i dont have tine to direct post them this morning, vacation has lift a pile to do this morning to catch up. Good to have this pretty well wrapped up though!

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/Bigblockbandit/Lake%20and%20boats/
Boat Pics
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 11:36am

Crooked lake is where we run. I finally got it finished out and running well after a good fuel tank cleaning and a bucket of crap out of the tank but all is well now. Longer report later but i missed the show saturday cleaning the fuel tank out, all is good now. A few more pics Ill throw in the link here as i dont have tine to direct post them this morning, vacation has lift a pile to do this morning to catch up. Good to have this pretty well wrapped up though!

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/Bigblockbandit/Lake%20and%20boats/

for the convenience of all, here's a proper link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 10:49am

Finally going to put this one in the books as finished, there are a few minor issues I have to tweak yet but its in the boat lift and running well now. I have some rust int he fuel tank that will need addressed this fall and the fuel sender is rusted fast so the tank will come out again. The temp and amp gauges are not working yet so there is some wiring that i need to look at again but it looks pretty good and it floats. I am going to enjoy the rest of the season and then get back to work on my own project, the factory 5 cobra needs to get finished next...

Thanks for all the encouragement and support, this might very well be the toughest project I ever tackled...

Sean
Boat Pics
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678
  Share Topic