NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chicago beers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2627282930 45>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2013 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

im out for a few weeks for sure. first full hip replscement was done last Tuesday.. Cant drive for awhile let alone sit upright for very long.. Hurts like a bitch...

have fun, we'll catch up sometime after Christmas..

Moj

Wow Dave, a hip is no small deal. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Dave
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2013 at 12:16pm

im out for a few weeks for sure. first full hip replscement was done last Tuesday.. Cant drive for awhile let alone sit upright for very long.. Hurts like a bitch...

Moj

I'm sure it hurts, but it is way cool that you'll be back to activities that you enjoy - soon. I have two buddies who have the artificial hips. One has returned to rock climbing, the other is into long distance biking and the occasional 10K Run. Hope to see you back on a water ski next year at GL. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2013 at 12:24pm
Looks like we'll be heading to Chicago around Jan 7th. My younger daughter Stephanie will be transferring to Moody Bible downtown.....

Nothing like driving to Chicago in January - Ha! Hope to meet up with some of my Chicagoland Brothers.... We'll be on LaSalle downtown.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2013 at 1:06pm
Not counting for inflation,the Chicago crew is starting the 6 million dollar man series Hope everything goes well Dave.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Moj

I'm sure it hurts, but it is way cool that you'll be back to activities that you enjoy - soon. I have two buddies who have the artificial hips. One has returned to rock climbing, the other is into long distance biking and the occasional 10K Run. Hope to see you back on a water ski next year at GL. BKH

Its the only thoughts that keep you going Brian !! Problem is, I'm a couple of years before my full comback. Both Hips are shot and need replacing.. Anyways, after crying each day through therapy, each day is better then the last... Being couped up at home I think is the worst...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2013 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Sorry for the thread jack but Yeah, it sucks getting old sometimes. Speedy recovery to both y'all. John I guess the elder Bear will out foot you with two new knees.    Did he talk em' into a little extra cushion for the joints?

So true Tim. Had a doctor tell me once that the warranty runs out at 50.

Also...think you gotta live in California for proper "joint" therapy....
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2013 at 5:57am
Hang in there Dave. You are tough so I'm sure you'll handle it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2013 at 10:37am
Dave, I hope you have a quick recovery. My cousin had a hip replaced 2 years ago at age 56 and he's doing great now. It was slow going at first, but it got better with some time.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2013 at 1:09pm
Thanks all.. Yes, vast improvements come quickly if you listen and put in the work. I get the 25 staple taken out on Monday. Once that "smarts" goes away, it will be all downhill...

Thanks for the encouragement.. At least I know what I'm in for when I get the other one done....

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2013 at 8:48pm
Not to threadjack, but I'm rolling in tomorrow afternoon and will be concentrated around downtown. Who's up for a cold one?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2013 at 10:17am
I will be downtown until about 3:30 today, txt me if you want to grab a beer
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2013 at 3:10pm
just rolled into mishawaka indiana, should be there around 3, I'll hit you up
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2014 at 1:01am
To the top, holidays are behind us. Do not pick a Tuesday, please.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2014 at 2:33pm
I'm in --
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2014 at 3:34pm
John B
Gary S
When, where, & who else?
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2014 at 8:09pm
My fam will be downtown Tuesday and Wednesday next week. LaSalle / near north side.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2014 at 10:23pm
OK people, we need to start getting another one going especially since we have a new member "dockdoc" joining the group. Let's start the ideas.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2014 at 10:34pm
Has anyone been to Stormy's Tavern and Grill up in Northfirld?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2014 at 11:00am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Has anyone been to Stormy's Tavern and Grill up in Northfirld?

I haven't been over there since the change of ownership. Of course it's been quite some time since the old days of bar hopping!! Stormy's used to be Seuls until as I understand the owner got nailed for selling dope from behind the bar!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2014 at 3:28pm
I was just at Stormy's a few weeks ago with some hockey guys. One lives around the corner and loves the place. I enjoyed it myself, and we even recruited Big Cat to play goalie next year.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I was just at Stormy's a few weeks ago with some hockey guys.

Well, you could have at least stopped and said hello! However, I don't stock Coors lite in the frig!

Yup, when it was Seuls, it was a very popular spot to stop after hockey games. When my son was playing, we stopped often after his games.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2014 at 7:54pm
I didn't think you would have been there Pete, I thought it was near CQ. I stopped for lunch after visiting a friend last fall. The burger seemed ok and the beer was pretty cold. I am not trying to steer the meeting, I will go anywhere and am open to suggestions.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2014 at 8:03pm
It was well past 7pm Pete...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2014 at 3:52pm
We should get together before spring break, of course I prefer a spot near a train stop on the Fox Lake or Antioch line. Shoeless Joes next to Ohare worked well or something else in that vicinity, seems like a good central location. Next Weds 3/5 or Thurs 3/6??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2014 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

We should get together before spring break, of course I prefer a spot near a train stop on the Fox Lake or Antioch line. Shoeless Joes next to Ohare worked well or something else in that vicinity, seems like a good central location. Next Weds 3/5 or Thurs 3/6??

Shoeless works for me.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 7:20pm
From the overwhelming response, I have to demise that we will not be seeing each other this coming week! ??

Come on, lets get things going again before summer!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 8:05pm
I am out of town this week but anything after is fine.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2014 at 10:13pm
Should I dare to bring this up again? Seems like we haven't been able to make the event happen for awhile due to everyone's different schedule! Let's try again. I'm open to any suggestions. The last try was meeting at Shoeless Joe's!

I wonder about Gary? He's probably still down in Florida trying to give his white legs some color!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2014 at 12:25pm
No I'm home Pete. I think I'm open for any evening
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2014 at 12:38pm
You name it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2627282930 45>
  Share Topic