NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2012 CCF Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 10:07pm
62 Wood at Green Lake 2011

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 10:08pm
thats a winner too
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 12:27am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Gary, I really like your Am Skier, but as I age, I have developed a real soft spot for old outboards like the one in your pics. Growing up in the early-mid 60s our lake was full of "quaint" little boats like that, that were not considered quaint at the time, they were considered "boats" Would be fun to have one now. There must have been a million boats on our lake like that. Mostly merc 50s or 65s, 6 gallon gas tank sliding around in the back. We never had one, we went from a fairly stout outboard woody to our 66 Mustang. After a while the boats like that started to fade, mostly replaced by mid to late 60s or early 70s glastrons. It was fun in the much later years to tour around the lake and still see a few of the older ones, unfortunately mostly 1/2 sunk and neglected. Until I stopped spending time there in the late 70s we still had the only inboard ski boat.

That boat is my daughter and son-in-laws 1958 Crownline. They got the boat on Craigslist...free! Of coarse it didnt look quite like that ... it actually had moss growing on the deck. Lots of elbow grease in her.

Heres a better pic of it...

interior...

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 3:54pm
Lot of good pics.

Gotta say, I really like Craig's Black and White Sport. That IS an AWESOME boat

Hope you're enjoying it, would be great to see it in the calendar as well.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 6:49pm
Thanks Brian, we're definitely enjoying the Sport. We still love to putt around in the 85', but the Sport beats it in about every category. It's just a great all around boat.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 1:29am
If you really want a nice old outboard I am going to sell this one in the spring. It was completely refurbished 5 years ago and has been our daily driver since. I had my fun with the boats I had when I was young, I want a Mustang now.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 2:06pm
Thats a beauty John. Kind of reminds me (tho yours is much nicer) of a family friends 69 glastron jetflite.

When I was in my late teens (early 70s) I used to offer to "clean it" for them in exchange for the opportunity to bomb around in it. A few years ago I dropped in on the owner (then a 90+ year old widow) and we got to swapping stories and she (still sharp as a tack) remembered my finnageling the use of their boat   
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 2:17pm
Wow, that's a coincidence, I restored a Glastron Skiflite 142 about 4 years ago. I don't have it any more though.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 2:23pm
Glastron really set the standard for sporty boats in the late 60s early 70s. Some very impressive designs/designers. There are a few I'd really like to have today. Then they went the route of clorox bottle boats, like everyone else.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 3:15pm
Glastron just came out with a new retro 16 footversion of their classic GT series. Kinda cool.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 4:16pm
Sadly back in the great vehicle purge of aught 4 I got rid of two white orange and black GT-160's.. one good hull working but with a worn original houndstooth interior and one that was in need of total restoration. One 115 Johnson one 100 evinrude I believe they were both 1973 vintage. They were alright boats and had some style and good design points but were disposable boats then as they are now. They couldnt match the ride or handling of the sidewinders of the time, or my tahiti sidewinder copy. It is in much worse shape but I kept it and send the glastons down the road for a song.    
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 5:20pm
Joe,
I wasnt familiar with Sidewinders, so I just did a little research. The I/Os and OBs remind me of two boats from my past. My 70s Taylor SS jet (455 olds) bought used in around 81

and my 83 Baja, bought new.

I was familiar with Tahitis at the time and thats what I was looking for when I got my Baja, but I couldnt find one. I really wanted the flat deck no windshield look, but settled on the Baja. There was one dealer in Houston that had "Sterlings". Very similar to the Tahiti but has a railing around the deck that didnt fit the boat style at all.

PS to you CCF old timers: those two pics are from on and near the San Bernard River of Jim_in_Houston epic story that never got finished fame.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 5:51pm
The taylor should remind you of a Sidewinder as they were one of 20 companies named in the patent infringement lawsuit. I don't recall if they were one of the 4 that admitted guilt and paid royalties but tahiti was.. I would love a sidewinder tunnel hull someday... I would like to build up a couple hot inline six mercs to go on it.... but that would be after the tahiti I have and that is at lease 4 Correctcrafts and 4 pontoon boats down the list so that might be a while.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 10:06am
Good discussion but straying just a little off topic guys .
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 2:41pm
How can I purchase a calendar? im new.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 4:18pm
even more off topic.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 2:16am

Could we please get back on topic...I have a potential cover...

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Brian82683 Brian82683 wrote:

How can I purchase a calendar? im new.

Once Kieth has them all put together and printed, they'll come up for sale. I think he offers them through the store section of this site, or he'll make an announcement in this thread. He'll usually send an email to everyone that's done a diary too.

I think you asked about banners earlier. Those seem to occasionally come up as prize giveaways at the re-unions. I'm sure Pete at MaCCullum's boat house in NH could probably help you out there as well.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 7:48pm
Great! Thanks for the help.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 10:58pm
...those who have fallen and those who will.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 11:20pm
Nice shot Ryan. Is that Lake Murray?
83Ski
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 11:54pm
Possum Kingom, before the drought and fires.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 12:48pm
Ryan
any pictures of the boat with the SFH?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2011 at 5:37pm
Okay, back on topic ...

I have all the photos selected. At this point, 8 out of 12 months are fully formatted and ready. I'm waiting on four more high resolution images from photographers. Picture Pat and Chris Mars - look for my emails.

I will keep you posted when the calendar is ready for purchase.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2011 at 6:46pm
I'll buy half a dozen of them... as long as Pete is on the cover
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 5:11pm
Keith, are you going to post the images you selected, or just let us all be surprised when they arrive? I almost would prefer the surprise...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2011 at 5:21pm
keep the surprise!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 12:09pm
Unless there is real objection, I think I'll leave it a surprise. Great pictures this year. Should be a great calendar.

Still waiting on high resolution versions of the last three photos from Chris Mars and Picture Pat then it will be available to order. I hope within the day or two.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 7:50pm
Newbie ready for one
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 12:30pm
2012 CorrectCraftFan Calendar now available!

Use promo code: 2012ISCOMING and receive 25% off your order (valid through 12/31/2011).

A very special thank you to all who submitted photos. This year's calendar turned out great!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
  Share Topic