Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
Author
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 12:39pm
G'day all,
A quick update for you all.

I picked up the boat today.

It finally cleared our customs. The biggest delay was a government "environmental" agency that needed to confirm that the boat did not have air conditioning or refrigeration.

Anyway, she's finally home & tucked away. I haven't had much time to check it out, but the initial inspection was good. Very minimal damage from the journey. There's a couple of marks on the rub rail, but that's about it.

Floor seems very solid. I haven't found any soft spots at all. The carpet is really good with only one small wear patch that I have found, but it's where the observer seat base rubs. Vinyl is in good shape. No splits, but the captains chair has a scuff on it from rubbing against the wheel fender that was cut off & "placed" thoughtfully inside the boat (on my seat) for the trip.

There are a few chips in the gel on the port side, but these appear to be pre existing. Nothing major, but will test my ability to colour match gel. Other than that, the hull appears to be i excellent shape. No spider cracks. It's got some oxidation on the maroon, but not too bad, I'd say a day of wet sanding will sort that out. I don't think I'll paint this one Pete.! But I probably will update the decals to something a little newer.

So overall I'm pleased with the initial inspection.

The colour even goes well with my truck!

I'll post up some pics when I have some more time.

Merry Christmas.!

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 12:54pm
Chopper--Andrew

Have we spoken about the SN Plaques going back on the dash pod?
Did the boat have the pod or have you acquired it by now?
Ok- yes I remember now-we have spoken. I'm sure it will need BRAND NEW PLAQUES!
E-mail me with your shipping address and what you want the Personalized Plaque to say so we can get this on the way Down Under.

I think you have my e-mail Mr. Mundt.

mtmabe@northstate.net
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 12:54pm
That's great news! Congrats! No stress cracks and no softspots in the floor is a very good sign of decent stringer conditions. It probably means they kept it stored inside or always let it dry after taking it out.

Can't wait to see some pictures! That's one of the best Christmas presents I have ever heard of!

Merry Christmas!
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 2:51pm
Sounds good!! Looking forward to some pics when you get a chance
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Chopper--Andrew

Have we spoken about the SN Plaques going back on the dash pod?
Did the boat have the pod or have you acquired it by now?
Ok- yes I remember now-we have spoken. I'm sure it will need BRAND NEW PLAQUES!
E-mail me with your shipping address and what you want the Personalized Plaque to say so we can get this on the way Down Under.

I think you have my e-mail Mr. Mundt.

mtmabe@northstate.net

Hey Marty,
Mate I've just sorted out the international finance for the interior parts. Talk about dramas.!!!

I'll touch base with you when I get the bits & let you know what I would like on it.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2009 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

No stress cracks and no softspots in the floor is a very good sign of decent stringer conditions. It probably means they kept it stored inside or always let it dry after taking it out.

Well Brian mentioned that it was stored on a lift. It definately looks like it'll be good enough to use straight away without any stringer repairs.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2009 at 12:13am
Chopper will be hard to fit the boat under the tree.

Sounds like it is in better condition than you expected? The purchase price looks even better now. How about the trailer?

When you get a chance post up some arrival pictures.

One thing I did pickup when importing mine was that every one will be a different. The government departments seem to have many different interpretations of their own regulations.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2009 at 12:58pm
any good news with the breaker bar?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2009 at 10:31am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

any good news with the breaker bar?

Eric - did I midd something here.?
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2009 at 10:39am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Chopper will be hard to fit the boat under the tree.

Sounds like it is in better condition than you expected? The purchase price looks even better now. How about the trailer?

When you get a chance post up some arrival pictures.

One thing I did pickup when importing mine was that every one will be a different. The government departments seem to have many different interpretations of their own regulations.

Tree.???

Well I think condition is not too bad at all really. I will have to find some white gel coat & try my hand at colour matching.

Trailer is pretty good too. some minor damage from being strapped down in the container. It's too wide though for our roads though, so some mods will be required there.

I took some pics yesterday, but have been busy getting the 89 ready for it's new owner. I'll download them & post them up.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2009 at 11:22am
did you put a battery in and crank her?
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2009 at 11:33am
Not yet. I spun it by hand though. Nice & smooth
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2009 at 11:40am
Here's a few pics for you guys. Note the screen was removed for transport.

On the way home.

At home - This is how it arrived.

Tucked away.

Gel shined up pretty nicely with a very quick polish.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2009 at 11:43am
good to hear, once the carbs are off its scary, all it take is one rainfall and it fills one cylinder or 2, i bet your excited, nice deal
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

good to hear, once the carbs are off its scary, all it take is one rainfall and it fills one cylinder or 2, i bet your excited, nice deal

Hell yeah I'm excited about getting it up & running again. took it real easy turning it in case something had "fallen in"

Goal is to have it up & running for feb.

I'm off until the 4th, but I'm not allowed to touch it as I have too many other things on my "to do" list. lucky I had to clean the shed tonight hey I might sneak it out for a quick wash tomorrow & clean the interior when I do the 89's tomorrow also.

akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2009 at 12:25pm
Andrew, I didn't realize you were selling the 89! You primarily wake board don't you? Do you think the 92 will put up as good of wake as the 89? I heard after the 2001s the wake flattened out quite a bit.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2009 at 10:36am
Hey Joey,
It's just time for a change. The 89 goes on Saturday.

I haven't boarded behind a 90-96 Ski Nautique yet, but I have taken a buddy out who has a 94, and he mentioned that the wake was similar between the two hulls. I guess I will find out soon enough. We managed to get a decent wake out of our old 98, so I'm sure it will be ok.

I really only picked up the 91 for a bit of a project anyway, so we'll see what happens.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 11:32pm
Well the 89 went on Saturday. Michael (new owner) mentioned that he would post up here, so make him feel welcome guys.

I took to the red gel with some cheap cutting compound (read gritty sludge in a can) on the weekend. It's actually doing a really good job at getting rid of the oxidation. hopefully with a couple of passes with this stuff (folloewd by polish etc), I will get a good shine back.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but can you still get decals for a 1991.? Mine look OK from a distance, but shabby up close as the edges are lifting etc.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 12:27am
Frist modification was to the trailer. Gone is the gunnel rubber destroying bow stop.

It will be replaced with something like this. Will probably relocate the winch post too.

A couple of hours with the heat of a flood light restored the gunnel rubber resonably well to close to original shape.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 1:38pm
I would like to do that on mine as well but I don't have the support under the front of the boat like you have. I have been thinking about adding a roller there.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 6:27pm
Not to thread jack but does anybody know who would sell a bow stop like that to work on my trailer?

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 10:48pm
Your trailer is slightly different to my old CC trailer, but I'm sure you could modify it slightly.

I converted my original CC trailer from this:

to this:

I will use a roller from now on over the carpeted V as it put a water stain on the hull.

Alternatively you could add a centre section & use a bow stop / winch post like I did on the new trailer.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 11:04pm
Andrew,

Did you fabricate that yourself or buy it premade? That is exactly what I want to do!

Later
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 11:34pm
If you are referring to the carpeted V on the original CC trailer, I fabricated it myself from the old bow stop pieces. The roller / winch post on the new trailer was pre made.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 12:15am
Picked up my first lot of parts yesterday.

Thanks to Dan (91 Nautique) I have an original 1991 PCM Holley marine carby, fuel line, alternator & flame arrestor.

Big thanks also to my neiqhbour for picking them up for me on the other side of the country.

Just need the RWP & ignition leads now for a test fire of the engine.

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 12:19am
I was looking at the heads on the 91 the other day. They have 2 raised bars on the end of the heads. I know the GT40p's have 3 raised bars.

My previous 89 had none at all. What do the 2 raised bars signify.?
91nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 2:29am

Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

Big thanks also to my neiqhbour for picking them up for me on the other side of the country.

He left behind a bag of parts that I threw in for you, (carb bits) and some dash switches.

Iv'e put them in the meter box- he can pick them up anytime, he drives right past my place to get to his brothers.

Here is the link for your bow light we spoke about on the phone

Nav Light
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 5:17am
Oh ok I'll let hem know.

Thanks mate.!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 10:15am
gt-40, i believe the difference is in the exhaust port also, they still have the bigger valves....please correct me if Im incorrect
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 10:57am
2 bars are from the base engine heads 245 hp..
don;t know difference of those and the older ones...I guess less compression due to bigger combustion chambers???
still on vacations so no much to tell from my boating yet...
just enjoying the beach with the kids...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
  Share Topic