NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Midwest Reunion - Green Lake, WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 3:01pm
That was behind Quinner's boat friday morning. This bonehead(me) left the camera at the camp. Whatever it was, it was kinda gold/brown; and of course I have no idea what sort of fish would want to live in that cold water.    

Great to meet you sir!

It might've been the Bee-Gees that scared him out of the water?   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 3:09pm
I had a great time at my first reunion. Already looking forward to next years event. The weather man was completely wrong in his forecast but you guys were right on that this was not an event to be missed. It was great meeting everyone, I know I missed a few but the time was just too short.

Big thanks to Mojo, raindog, 81natique and their families and the rest who helped out to make this such a great event. The Thursday night part was great and the food was delicious.

Riding in "rocketman" Joe's boat was a thrill I will be talking about for months to come. Damn that thing is fast!

It was great hanging out with Lewy and Jo, sharing cultural differences and learning some new words to describe Quinner!

My buddy Mike who helped me drive the 10 hour plus trip had a great time as well. He is trying to convince his wife that they need to make the trip with us next year.

Can't wait till next year's event. The wife and kids will definitely be joining me. They would have had a great time this year. After looking at the pics they are already looking forward to the trip.

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 3:48pm

jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 3:54pm
Well we are home. 3400 miles and 56 hours of driving. Amy and I had a great time. We got to see some great boats and meet a ton of wonderful people. We will try to be back next year.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 4:00pm
Thanks to you and Amy for making the trip Josh. That is a long ride...
Cathie and I are back home and starting to thaw out.
We had a really great time.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 4:29pm
First off thank you keith for introducing me to all these great people on this site.....I have life long friends that now seem like family to My daughter Mike and myself!!!Once again a GREAT TIME.....wish i could have spent more time talking with everyone!

Again thanks to Dave(Mojo),Allan(81Nautique),Steve(raindog)for everything.....you guys make it all happen!!!!

Damn what a bunch of kick ass boat's!!!!! to many to look at and or drive

Thanks Reid for letting me drive the Crush!(i think i crushed mojo,kerri and his daughter in the back seat on that last turn)

Thanks Joe for the Rocket ride in your beast of a boat!

That's all i had time to get too wish i could have driven all of them!!!

My daughter was amazed at all the great genuine people that she met and will be back next year! And as always mike will be back too!

I may try to make it out to lake George? Not sure how it could be as good as this reunion but i guess i will have to go and find out?

See ya all soon!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

I may try to make it out to lake George?

See ya all soon!

Paul,

I tell ya what Paul, fly in and out of Syracuse and you can take my truck and boat up there (3.5 hours drive)... can't promise what the rev limiter will be set at though...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I may try to make it out to lake George?

See ya all soon!

Paul,

I tell ya what Paul, fly in and out of Syracuse and you can take my truck and boat up there (3.5 hours drive)... can't promise what the rev limiter will be set at though...

Then you can join us on Sunday Joe - now that sounds like a plan! Now if we can just drag Dan away from that other thing he's doing
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 8:09pm
Or first CCF wedding..hehe

Just kidding Dan !!!

Dave
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

That was behind Quinner's boat friday morning. This bonehead(me) left the camera at the camp. Whatever it was, it was kinda gold/brown; and of course I have no idea what sort of fish would want to live in that cold water.    

Great to meet you sir!

It might've been the Bee-Gees that scared him out of the water?   

I believe what I saw was a cold water Piranha singing "Stayin' Alive."

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 10:13pm
The fish was quite funny after the fact, during was different story. Thanks to all who woke up early enough to go in the morning, in the cold so we could get some runs in.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 11:11pm
Once again, thanks to everyone who made this such a great event, first time for me and the family. Already can't wait for next year (when does the date for GL10 get set)???

Anyway here are some of my pics. There not that great, but at least it shows some of the Saturday stuff.

Thanks again!

Boats on the Water:

You would think we were at the Peabody Hotel Lake with all the ducks on the Correct Crafts:

We decided to put in at the Dodge County Park (Heading Keith's warning about ramp jam), nice launch. But we were a little sad when we returned to this:

Not exactly what you want to see when you go to get your trailer... Anyway in true Correct Craft spirit, their were other Nautique guys who actually waited around til we got back to see if we needed any help. I thought I would be able to go through the registrations and pick out the boats of the guys who helped, but I can't determine which boats they were. So to the guys who lent me there bottle jack (it took mine plus theirs to get the tire high enough) and compressor, THANKS A TON. It is so refreshing to be with a group who don't even think twice about offering a hand!

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you all again soon!
sandstpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandstpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 11:16pm
Great photos Steve! Thanks for posting!
Finally a 2001!!!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 11:24pm
Am I reading this right? Someone let the air out of your tires while you were out on the lake? That aint right. BKH
Livin' the Dream

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2009 at 11:37pm
BKH, yeah we all figured it was some Mastercraft or Malibu dude who was just bummed they couldn't join us.

Seriously though, I think I might have picked up a nail or broke a bead, cause the tire wouldn't hold any air. I have been jammed at work and hope to get it back to the tire store (it only has 4k miles on it) tomorrow to find out what went wrong.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 12:38am
Steve, thanks for posting another great pic of me in the Dart. That is the coolest boat to drive and easily the oldest boat I've ever driven. Many thanks to Billy for having us and giving me a turn or 2 behind the wheel. I bet some of you are still laughing about the extra 2 revs I gave it.    

For anyone who doesn't know, the throttle is in the center of the wheel and the tranny is a long handle in the floor. Takes a little getting used to!   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 1:05am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Steve, thanks for posting another great pic of me in the Dart. That is the coolest boat to drive and easily the oldest boat I've ever driven. Many thanks to Billy for having us and giving me a turn or 2 behind the wheel. I bet some of you are still laughing about the extra 2 revs I gave it.    

For anyone who doesn't know, the throttle is in the center of the wheel and the tranny is a long handle in the floor. Takes a little getting used to!   

Greg, I think you have to be all thumbs to drive it.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 1:40am
Did some downloading tonight. It reminded me of the great times all over again.

Nice Photo Mr & Mrs Bear

The volleyball game

Whats this about Godfather?

Chris you have a treasure there.

Mojo thankyou

James nice footing run. Hope the tear down goes well.

Quinner you big "Poofter"

Monday Morning Early....What a waste

And my Favourite "The GPS read what.. No way she is good for at least 60mph"
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 2:11am
Lewy,

Great photo's of good times..

I hope your trip is doing well. And tell Jo to enjoy her stay here in the great U.S.A.

I can still hear you and her saying: "What's That"....

Be safe.

Dave
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2009 at 10:38pm
Lewy great pics. The one of the water on Monday morning I could have done with out seeing.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 1:00am

I like the photo of Joe even with his eyes closed still smiling.

Now you all know why I call him : "LOUD AND PROUD JOE OF NY"....

I thing he might have seat belts install before LG. hehe

Very nice boat Joe !! But I told you that last year.

Dave
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 10:07am
No that's joe's face after he realized he said i could fly in and take his truck and boat to Lake George reunion...Ahhhhhhhhh I said what..%$#4#@

paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 11:45am

No that's joe's face after he realized he said i could fly in and take his truck and boat to Lake George reunion...Ahhhhhhhhh I said what..%$#4#@

paul,

I stand behind that offer as a great idea. I have seen your truck and boat... there weren't any scratches. As to the picture above I guess I can find plenty of time during a volleyball game to keep properly "hydrated".
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 12:36pm
Hey Joe you are very generous with your offers of hospitality. We are in Niagara at the moment. We may have time to drop in either Sat afternoon or Sunday morning if that fits in with your plans. My new US mobile is 14143060847.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

As to the picture above I guess I can find plenty of time during a volleyball game to keep properly "hydrated".

Joe, just so you know, the Thursday night Volleyball game was a highlite of my weekend. (My knees Friday morning would disagree) But I had an absolute blast and that HAS to be in the plans for next year.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 1:31pm
Volleyball has been in the Thursday night cookout plans since Steve first came up with idea for the Thursday night cookout, I just volunteered the set. It went unused last year due to the freak storm that had us all huddled inside fearing for our lives. I was glad it finally picked up some players and we got a solid game going, I was starting to think I would be playing against Reid and Dan by myself forever.

Lewy, I still have plenty of making up to do if I want to match the hospitality I have been shown by members of this site and if that means I have to suffer through a day of hanging out in and around the water with some visiting fans then sign me up brother. I will give you a call this afternoon I hope you can make it by, we are actually projecting some decent weather this weekend.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 1:49pm
We had designs to have Joe's volleyball rig set up in the shallows of the sand bar. When the weather slapped us up along side the head, the plans were scrapped. We'll shoot to do it next year so more folks can participate.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 1:53pm
Gotta agree the VB game was fun; I never quite figured out the scoring system which made it even better.

Best slerver: Joe
Best over all players: All the women

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Gotta agree the VB game was fun; I never quite figured out the scoring system which made it even better.

Best slerver: Joe
Best over all players: All the women

Chuck

Best Server JOE???

Look at the form on this guy. How can you say Joe beats that?

Greg

86 BFN
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 5:31pm
What the heck are those yellow stripes in the grass for?!?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic