NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eBay finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1011121314 38>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 1:24am
Here is another set of new Holman Moody gauges.Last set went for crazy money
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 3:07pm
The only reason I recognize this is because of the city it resides. This boat is on the white trailer that I was kind of after for a while. Back then, I asked the seller why they were selling the trailer. "Because the boat was damaged beyond repair." Now...it looks like the boat is back at it...questionable?

96 with white tandem
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 3:16am
Mike, check your link. It just opens this thread in a new window.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 12:10pm
My bad...here's a good one

96 white tandem
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 3:11pm
Never thought I could come across with one of these in the USA..never seen one in my country...didn´t know they ever fabricated them...Hispano was a car manufacturer in the late 50 early 60 but then closed...

marine engine

edit: they are in argentina and ship worldwide...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 3:19pm
That's an cool looking engine. Did I miss what year it is? 2 cylinder boxer? And not cheap!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 4:16pm
collectors item!! lol..
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2011 at 7:51pm
What do you guys think about buying heads on ebay?

gt40p heads

this guy seems reputable sells alot of engine parts every month and has mostly positive feedback. Under 400 for a set of rebuilt gt-40 seems like a fair price. Anyone advise against.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2011 at 7:59pm
I've read that the bolt holes for GT-40Ps have to be drilled for a 351. So, you'd have to add that to your overall cost.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2011 at 8:11pm
Yes, they need to be drilled larger, then you have to add the brass freeze/casting plugs.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2011 at 8:18pm
they need to be drilled for 1/2" head bolts.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2011 at 8:25pm
Jody was advertising a set of full reconditioned GT-40s, not sure if they were Ps or not. Not sure if he still has them, but I'd assume they're already set up for 351 marine use:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23842&title=fall-swap-meet-stuff
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2011 at 8:29pm
probably regular gt40 3 bars.
P are little better.

anyway the drilling and brass plugs shouldn´t add that much imo.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2011 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

What do you guys think about buying heads on ebay?
this guy seems reputable sells alot of engine parts every month and has mostly positive feedback. Under 400 for a set of rebuilt gt-40 seems like a fair price. Anyone advise against.

Like Eric says about engines- the parts are a fixxed cost so how do they get the price down? In 1990 I had a set of early 70's 302 heads done by a local hi performance shop.New springs,spring height set,pressed in guides,several valves replaced and head surface milled. They were over 700. Just be careful and ask questions.Most likely it won't have brass freeze plugs,but thats not a deal breaker,mine wern't either they lasted about 12 years in fresh water and can be changed easily in place.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 11:28am
As far as the ones jodi was selling, I contacted him and said I was interested and he responded initially but then when I emailed him back to say I wanted them, he never responded. That was over a week ago, maybe he just got busy or maybe he sold them to someone else. I would rather buy from him as I know his reputation and what I would be getting, but I was curious on those ebay jobs. I doubt they have new valves or springs they are probably just cleaning up the old ones and putting new seals in.

Then I was thinking that for the price difference I could probably afford new springs etc. By the time I ship from florida to ohio i will have 500 in them while those ebay ones would be a little under 400 so that would give me 120 or so to work with. Maybe I am taking a risk or doing more work than I need. I am assuming jodi has put new valve springs in his.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 11:44am
I am not in a hurry as I have all winter so I can hunt for a deal and I am sure jodi or someone here on the site will have another one up in the next six months, I just wanted to see if anyone had horror stories. Also he didnt get back with me so that had me wondering too.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 11:59am
Got mine here they turned out to be new castings.Very happy with them.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 12:38pm
I have heard of tri state and looked there but didnt want to pay that kind of money. They look nice though.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2011 at 1:27pm
Jodi got back with me. He was out of the country, so no one panic or send out a search party.
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 5:28pm
May be good for someone.
Seat set for old CC with doghouse
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 10:02pm
There is a 390 ford h&moody on ebay for what looks like a good price if anyone is in the market check it out.
Brian
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2011 at 8:06pm
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

atom skier

I'm in Shock and just called 911! He states it's all original!    He's a frustrated wood worker to do the deck like that! Plus, his use of a clear coat will come back to bite him or the unsuspecting buyer. It's sad he put the effort into this boat and did NOT do his research.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2011 at 8:24pm
I sent the seller an email via ebay. I'll report back if he returns my questions!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 11:32am
Pete,
I knew you would be all over that one!!! Keep us updated on it. Looks like he would probably part with it pretty cheaply. Cant imagine there are alot of people on ebay wanting a project like that. The ones that know, like you, know they are most likely getting someone elses problems.
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 9:36am
Is this original or had some mods at some point the price it tall
1948 runabout
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 11:25am
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

1948 runabout

WOW, tons of time spent making the deck look nice and the bottom and topsides are full of gaps and 5200. It's a soaker for sure.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 11:59am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

1948 runabout

WOW, tons of time spent making the deck look nice and the bottom and topsides are full of gaps and 5200. It's a soaker for sure.

I agree! I feel there are lots of mods! So many that I can't even tell what it is!    The "hull" number listed is actually the engine number so that's no clue to what it is ether!

The price must be high due to the trailer!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 6:31pm
But did you count the number of spark plugs,.....all in a line. That's cool, and I can't even imagine what it sounds like. I bet it'd look good with white painted sides, albeit not original of course.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 7:23pm
Vrrrrrrrrrrrooooomm Vrrrrrrrrrooom :) Reid P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1011121314 38>
  Share Topic