Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats this boat supposed to bring?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats this boat supposed to bring?
    Posted: March-04-2007 at 4:30pm
ummm that would be me
and yes my boat is almost exclusivly used in salt water.
oldschoolnautiq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschoolnautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 12:08pm
Thanks for the input fellas. I modified the post a bit, and I think it will give you guys a better idea of what the boat "really" is. Sorry if it was misleading before, but reread the ad and it will give you a better idea of what this boat is.

thanks
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 5:42pm
Chad,
I have to say, I was disappointed when I saw all the additional pictures you sent me. I expected "mint condition" and as new as the day it came off the showroom floor. In my opinion, it was far from that. The rub rail looked terrible. The trailer was fair. There were quite a few deep scratches in the hull and in the graphics. The dash and gauges looked very weathered. The boat may very well be worth 10,500, but the way you advertised it isn't accurate in my opinion. If you advertised it more accurately, when people see the pictures they may not be as disappointed as I was. Scott

Scott

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschoolnautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 2:34pm
Tupelo, MS fresywater all its life
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 12:49pm
DF-
ICBW, but the boat is located in Tupelo, Miss.

birthplace of Elvis Presley....thank you, thank you very much
Life is Good.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:11am
Oldschool:

I notice you are located in Kemah, TX. Does that mean the boat has been used mostly in the bay (i.e. salt water)?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschoolnautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 10:05am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

oldschool,

Hope i didn't offend earlier, I thought you were buying not selling. I'm sure you know what you've got there and what condition it's in, I was just trying to help you avoid buying something that may have had some hidden issues.

Good Luck

No offense guys. Like I said, critcism good or bad is appreciated because I asked for the opinions.
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2007 at 4:00am
You boys are all spoiled!

Look at the price of this: http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F128596/

That's near enough $10k and it's tatty and got 1400hrs on it!

What we have to put up with in the UK! Plus motion lotion at nearly $10 a gallon! You need to be committed to run a boat here, plus a good job, plus plenty of friends to chip in with fuel money.

Worth it though!
Easily Parted From Money
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:30pm
oldschool,

Hope i didn't offend earlier, I thought you were buying not selling. I'm sure you know what you've got there and what condition it's in, I was just trying to help you avoid buying something that may have had some hidden issues.

Good Luck
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
CCrider89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCrider89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 9:08pm
I paid 8k for my 2001 89 last summer. Has rebuilt power about 200hrs. So 10k should at least get you some interest.
CCrider89
Boating in the northern Adirondacks
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

79 would a leak down test detect pitting lower in the cyl?

might might not depends on the postin of the piston in the cylinder, regardsless you cann't tell until it's torn down. Usually you listen where it's leaking, crankcase or intake/exhaust, coolant

crankcase bad ring or cylinder wall is pitted,

intake/exhaust it's a valve.

bubbles in the coolant bad head gasket.

So if you supect it's in the lower half then you can run a scope down the sprak plug hole and look, regardless if it's leaking it's bad and needs fixed and has to be taken apart.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 4:29pm
Thats a great approach. Now that you've lowered the price you will probably get a handful of offers that you can negotiate up to your price. Thats better than never having an offer to work with. A boat, as is anything else, is worth what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller willing to accept.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by oldschoolnautiq oldschoolnautiq wrote:

That is originally the "figure" I had in my head, so I started a little high so there would be some play, but there is more than one way to skin a cat I guess.

I hear ya, but now you're more attractive at $10,500. I paid $9,900 for my '86, 2001 in great condition. You shouldn't have any issues selling at $10.5 because of it's condition.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschoolnautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:33pm
Personal boat. Spend most my time at Bay Springs and a little at Pickwick. Yes, price will be firm. That is originally the "figure" I had in my head, so I started a little high so there would be some play, but there is more than one way to skin a cat I guess.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Keep in mind, that price is FIRM. I wouldn't wiggle an inch.

I second that statement. There's value in having a boat like yours in excellent condition.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:30pm

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 12:15pm
oldschool-

suprised I've never seen your boat on the water. I'm out virtually every weekend on the TENNTOM/ Pickwick.

Is it your personal boat or are you a dealer?
Life is Good.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:38am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschoolnautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:36am

Thats settles it. Reduced....$10500!!!!

For the record I think that's a really fair price and is as much as you could hope to get for it. I'd never tell you that unless you asked, and you did

Age is definatley a factor. For around 13-14k, you could get into a boat that is almost 10 years newer.

True....I agree. For the record, the floor is original with no rot and it is solid as your concrete garage guys. And yes I asked and thanks for the input guys. All criticism is appreciated good and bad.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:30am

For the record I think that's a really fair price and is as much as you could hope to get for it. I'd never tell you that unless you asked, and you did

Age is definatley a factor. For around 13-14k, you could get into a boat that is almost 10 years newer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschoolnautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:29am
I will post a few more pics so you can get a better about it. The cla$$ified add wouldn't let me post any more pics. Thanks for the help guys.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:25am
low hours have nothing to do with the condition of the stringers either. They are subject to rot same as any boat that age. Check that out thoroughly as 12k is a little over the top in my book.

It's been said already but a low hour engine doesn't mean much other than no one paid attention to it for a while. Not a good scenario, in my case the PO let the riser gaskets leak water down into the cylinders. Then without use the water caused severe pitting on the cylinder walls. Thats a $2000 fix for a set of gaskets.

Here's what I've noticed on these boats with water problems, get down on your knees, open the battery box and take a good whif. That's a good place for water to set and you will smell mold immediately if it's wet in there.

Also, if that year still has wood for the seat bases, flip all seats over and see what condition the wood is in. Hopefully they're solid but you may be surpised even though the vinyl looks great. Bottom of these seats is another good place for mold to grow and that means water again.

Just check it out very thoroughly because at that price it should be turn key and the only thing to put in it is peeps and gas. Good Luck
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:20am
Chad,

I didn't realize until now that you're the one who's selling the 1985 with low hours. Don't lower the price on our account. Is it "showroom" condition or is it in great shape for its age? The $12.5 can get many people into a late 80's, even early 90's Nautique. However, if somebody is a nut about having prestine condition boats, then I can see why you're asking $12.5. I think $10.5 will stir more interest and might sell faster. Hold firm to that price though. Do you have more pictures you can post??? That will help you a lot. Good Luck.

Ken
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:16am
79 , I don't know about you,but that that was good for a belly laugh.M3Fan; don't let the secret out..........boat dr/79nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:11am
Here's one of those higher hour, newer boat deals.

2002 Ski Nautique

Nice affordable package for a new owner!

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschoolnautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:10am
I have lost my mind!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldschoolnautiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 11:09am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:59am
IMO, some of the better deals out there are "higher hour" Correct Crafts. My next CC boat I hope to be a TSC1 hull. I wouldn't hesitate to find a great deal on a 1,000+ hour boat, again, as long as I can follow the service history. Whether the owner retained their own receipts, oil, parts, etc. or a dealer did. If I found a 1997 TSC1 hull for $15K with over 1,000 hours, what a steal. Even if it needs some replacement parts, it's still a deal.

Ken
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:55am

What if boat dr and 79 are the same person?

Neither one can spell??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2007 at 10:51am
IMO, if an older Nautique is actually "showroom" condition and I were collecting boats, yes, I'd pay the $12K or so. Sort of like the Buick GNX, "showroom" condition car for $80K. I know there are two, 1985's for $12K. I'd need to look at them in person to justify that kind of $$$. The pictures they post do NO justice.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic