NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wrecking Crew 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrecking Crew 2015
    Posted: March-13-2015 at 7:40pm
HW had a similar take, he looked at the rig and said, there's a lot of duck tape on that, haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2015 at 6:08pm
Adam, you've got nerves of steel to ride that kite. I expected the boat to accelerate very slowly so when the driver shot up to speed, I was nervous for you, but when the winch started letting out the rope, holy crap you guys climbed fast. I was white knuckled holding onto the mouse.

There isn't enough money in the state of FL for me to ride that thing and the taped up foam pontoons made it look even scarier, but it sounded like you had fun.

Great videos. Thanks for posting.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2015 at 2:20pm
Heyyyyyyy TimBob!!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2015 at 10:48am
Yeah, Tom......I have several nicknames round here. cphase is the one who started calling me TimBob for some reason. Adam started using it and as much as he and I attend Minis, it's starting to spread. Guess it works as we have 3 Tims here on the site that post regularly so it helps it figuring out which Tim you're talking bout.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2015 at 10:10pm
the best part of that is that you both tumbled the same direction, but it looked like one of you was aiming for the wake and the other was trying to avoid it
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2015 at 9:29pm
I just got around to watching the flip/flier start video. I don't like the thought of being wrapped up in a rope, tho I guess with a top notch driver, you are ok. A billion years ago I did a flier off a relatively high dock. The rope got wrapped around my leg. I managed to wiggle loose and execute a tumble up (never waste an audience) but the rope pulled quite a bit of meat from my upper thigh to my lower thigh. No broken skin, just relocated meat and a pretty nasty scare you can still see. I've always been leary of getting wrapped up since then.

Speaking of doubles moves, here are TimB and me in 2007 behind Brad's boat. I'm not sure this has been replicated.

For you newcomers that never saw Keith's 2007 recap video, its worth a watch.

seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2015 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

I thought Timbob hag joined the wrecking crew.
If only I could foot half as good as Tom.....

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

There is definitely a Tim & Tom similarity that goes beyond looks.

Ohhhhhh I gotta here more on this

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Don't even say Mrs Seacampers name is Kim.........

....and that's a problem why?..... You should try it CQ; I bet I could fill my boat for a year if I had a nickel for every time you used the wrong name in the heat of passion.... ......Working on K7 as we speak!

Looks like a good time guys.....Guess I need a Lime Green and Blue suit to match my brother Tom's.

Hey Brother Timbob. I was wondering who they were talking about. Yes, we could not keep the ladies away if we wore those suits down to the local disco! Also, I see my son, Patrick has found his way onto the website. Patrick, mow the lawn!
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
SkiNautique4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiNautique4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2015 at 12:46pm
Next year we aught to travel to Australia and visit Adam when he moves.
Patrick Carlin
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2015 at 10:40am

I thought Timbob hag joined the wrecking crew.
If only I could foot half as good as Tom.....

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Ohhhhhh I gotta here more on this

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

....and that's a problem why?..... You should try it CQ; I bet I could fill my boat for a year if I had a nickel for every time you used the wrong name in the heat of passion.... ......Working on K7 as we speak!

Looks like a good time guys.....Guess I need a Lime Green and Blue suit to match my brother Tom's.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2015 at 8:35am
Adam great videos...in that double flyer with HW I think he was moving in to hit you with some spray just before he fell I can see why you got out as far as you could on the other side of the wake before standing

The recovery by HW was very "Kaplaesque"

No way you would get me up in that hang glider.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2015 at 2:44am
thanks Bill, I thought I did a good job too, what with that hack banging off of me and all
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2015 at 2:10am
[QUOTE=quinner] HW has been watching too many Kapla Video's, LOL, never let go!!

I remember those days...I see some very arthritic shoulders in HW's future. Good friend and Randy Filter barefoot partner Brian Koch just had his first shoulder replacement with another to come. Probably down the road for me also.....Still and all a VERY impressive recovery!!

Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 9:15pm
You guys make it look easy. I cannot believe that recovery! Simply amazing.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 4:25pm
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 4:14pm
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 4:07pm
My thoughts exactly Quiunner. I thought Timbob hag joined the wrecking crew.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 1:41pm
HW has been watching too many Kapla Video's, LOL, never let go!!

That Kite is something else, so cool!!

Anybody else think Tom (Seacamper) looks like Timbobs brother from another cousin/mother??

Thanks for sharing guys!!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 11:17am
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Went back and watched that HW AD double flier video.
HW....that was a great recovery; or was it a new stunt? Very nice!

Absolutely incredible recovery. The force is strong with this one.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 10:37am
AD, your double vid with HW is getting me pumped for summer. I don't see how there's anything cooler than barefooting.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 10:11am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Looks like it was a little chilly. Cool you hooked up with WBC, tho I think I might be embarrassed being seen around that huge silly outboard. (JK) Are they pretty good guys and are encouraging to you "novices?" Isn't Eddie pretty good friends with KSO?

LOL...That silly outboard looked like something out of Star Wars. Completely wireless. No cables anywhere. Steering, throttle, shifting and trim all by wire. Cool setup.

Saturday was f****g cold and windy by our standards but we did find good water.

Yes, I know the WBC guys pretty well. Consider them all good friends. Very humble and down to earth. Just wish I could ski like them.
They came over to see how long we would be because they had a couple students that they were looking to pull. We still had at least two guys that hadn't skied yet so we were going to be a while. They were going to go elsewhere and let us have the water but I told them we would go to another lake. Swampy called my wife by the time we got home to say "Thank You" for the gesture. Good guys.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 7:43am
WOW!!! Smith Family wants a ride!!? WOW!
Js
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

Would you guys mind some more company? Might have a few days off 22-25th this month. I'd be bringing Mr. skutsch and possibly one more?

Hey Chris,
I will probably be working, but I am sure the others can come up with something for you. If things change, it would be great to get together.
Tom
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 12:07am
Would you guys mind some more company? Might have a few days off 22-25th this month. I'd be bringing Mr. skutsch and possibly one more?
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2015 at 12:03am

it wasn't on the video but right before we took off I said to Eddie "this is gonna be violent". I didn't realize that HW would do most of the thrashing while I watched from my comfortable seat, haha. he hit me with handle and arms, the rest of him was behind me. of course, my dismount was more destructive.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 11:50pm
Bigger stones than me. Looked good from the lazy boy
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 11:32pm
Very cool guys. Enjoyed watching them all!
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 11:29pm
That is a great video! Would love to have that opportunity some day. What fun.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 11:08pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 11:01pm

I did fly for a while. The Ken Tibadoux (?)flat kite in the late sixties and with Bartlett at Wisconsin Dells. I moved to Delia Wings in 1970. That was before I knew how Dangerous they were. By then I was married to what will be my 2nd ex-wife and she didn't have enough insurance on my to allow moving to the Hang Glider. Such is life. Go for it son. It looked awesome.
you better be careful about whether you show that video to your second ex wife at all, she's already apprehensive enough about me moving to Australia
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by northcoastidol northcoastidol wrote:

need to make it down there for one of those Wrecking crew weekends
truth

Guess it is a little late to tell that pilot about your penchant for breaking things
we specifically kept that information from him

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

5:40 - Priceless!
I cannot even begin to describe that feeling, it was so sudden and so severe. when we were at idle that kite was trying to lift off, when we were at 40 it was trying to leap to the sun

Originally posted by OldSchoolBlue84 OldSchoolBlue84 wrote:

Unreal! Felt like a reality show....."Adams Adventures Coming Live To You"
the internet is not ready for that
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic