NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks Reid

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JCole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks Reid
    Posted: March-29-2008 at 12:56am
Reid,

Thanks for talking with my brother the other night on the phone about the Mustang. He really appreciates and respects your opinion. He really enjoyed talking with you. It is so great to have you on this site and also the fact you are available to talk to about these Correct Crafts. It is great to have all these people on this site that give their time and opinion on these boats. I haven't met everyone, but I have read these forums and can tell there is alot of knowledge out there. Thanks again Reid for your time and help.
Jane
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 1:02am
Jane: How cool to see you on! Me and Patti hope you and your family have had a good winter. Also hope you'll be getting that sweet boat out soon to get her in the water. You know your Dad will be watching!

Have a great summer. Hope to see you somewhere!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JCole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 1:26am
Hi J-Bear,
We have had a busy winter running with my son and basketball. They had a great season. Went to the second round of state playoffs, and then lost to a really good team. We are sooooo ready to hit the water again soon. My brother, the mechanic, is getting the Mustang ready for the season. He called Reid the other night to get some advice on some work he is doing. It is great to have a mechanic in the family, and to have Reid to get advice from. I know my brother probably gets tired of us though, servicing everything like he does, but he doesn't complain. He likes to see and hear the Mustang running great too. I hope you and Patty and all the others in Florida have had a good winter. I'm jealous that you guys can be on the water all year round. I am praying the price of gas will be going down soon. I was just looking at some pictures that Adam from Florida had posted in February of all of you guys and Reid. The water looked great, and it was great looking at all those classic boats together at that sandbar where you guys were parked. I will post more pictures once we start the season. Maybe we will see all you guys at some point and time again, but until then we can visit on this site. Good hearing from you. Tell Patty, Maddmarx, Eddie and all the others we met at the reunion my brother and I and our families said hello.
Jane
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 1:42am
Jane...Its good to here things are going well up in NC! You are right Reid and jbear are both great guys and they are always around to help out when needed....I guess thats why they are the "Grand poobahs"!
JCole View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 1:56am
Hi Maddmarxx,

Your lime green nautique was looking good in the pictures I was looking at posted by Adam in February. Good to hear from you, and hope you have a good season on the water.
Jane
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 2:03am
MM: When are you and Lisa gonna come to the west end of town??? Have you guys been out lately? We hit the Butler Chain, yesterday and today. Perfect weather. Met a kid tonight out in a 2008 Super Air he just got, (I'm assuming his parents just got).It reminded me of a British Racing Green color, looked nice. He said it was a new color CC just came out with. Told him about the CCF website kind of like a CCF Ambassador!!! Anyhow, any plans to launch over in this area anytime soon???

Oh yeah, JBear, when are you coming to visit Orlando?!?
-Adam

1973 Skier
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 2:15am
Adam...One look at pic and I could tell right away where it was taken....I love "Bird island" we went out on conway last sunday, but let us know next time you are going and maybe we can meet up!

Thats a new 08 in the background, someone spent about 80 grand on that one!
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 2:23am
That's Windermere for ya...

One Sweet Boat...
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 3:07am
Adam: Just talked to MM on the phone and he agrees...gotta meet up soon over there. Loved the picture from bird island. Your boat looked great...the boys (twins?) look like they are enjoying themselves on a great day on the water. Call me crazy but I'd still rather have your boat than that big, expensive one. And I know yours is way faster than that one!

More pictures!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 3:36am
LOL..you know the guy was saying the same thing, that it was too big, I think he said he had a 89 SN that he liked, said with the 2008 couldn't feel the water...
We definatly FEEL the water in the little 16 footer!!!
Although, with a 2008, I guess he wasn't really complaining.
-Adam

1973 Skier
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 3:49am
Yep, you're right JBear, I got twin monsters..er, boys, 10 years old. They're the main reason I wanted a boat in the first place...But now, I think I did it for myself!!!

I love this time of year, perfect weather, no crowds

The perfect spot for a CCF Reunion!!!

I'll make sure the kids leave their water blasters at home
-Adam

1973 Skier
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 9:44am
What a beautiful area. Looks sort of like where they shot some of the old brochures..
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2008 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by JCole JCole wrote:

Reid,

Thanks for talking with my brother the other night on the phone about the Mustang. He really appreciates and respects your opinion. He really enjoyed talking with you. It is so great to have you on this site and also the fact you are available to talk to about these Correct Crafts. It is great to have all these people on this site that give their time and opinion on these boats. I haven't met everyone, but I have read these forums and can tell there is alot of knowledge out there. Thanks again Reid for your time and help.

Hi Jane. I'm sure you realize that talking with your brother about CC's was just as fun for me. I look forward to seeing you guys again soon, and maybe over at beautiful Tillery, where I've still yet to run one of our boats. Thanks.

Adam and Orlando boys: that island looks cool. Spring '09!!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 2:33am
You know Adan...you might be onto something...place looks really cool. We gotta check it out with MM. Love the pictures....i agree...they look like postcards.

Reid: Did you get to MT Dora? Meant to try and get there but had to work on setting up Spring work camp.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 3:21am
Spring 2009, we've got a year to plan a get together...Orlando (Kissimmee actually) has no shortage of hotel rooms and is not far from the chain of lakes...heck, I can even fit a camper or two in my driveway if needed, maybe we can motivate some northeners to come down, I read on another thread about whole families coming down for spring break and dropping them of at Disney World before hitting the lakes...great idea. With all the attractions down here (including Jbear as one of them), we could make this thing a go!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2008 at 3:29am
Man you are up late like me...

Like your idea and you know I would help. Good thing we have lotsa lakes, The Majic Kingdom, great weather, and all the other great things about Central Florida...because I think your attraction idea (me) ain't gonna fly far.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 12:49am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

More pictures!

john

Geez John, I'd expect this from someone up north digging out of the winter snow, you live in Florida for gosh sake!?! You need to get out in the water more!!!

-Adam

1973 Skier
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 12:58am
Great pics Adam . I wish I had the means of being able to drag a boat that far to see
this for myself . But it is a little difficult to drag along 4 kids. The youngest one is 10 Hopefully in another ten Wendy and I will be able to make a trip or two like that .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 1:47am
Well Pat, if you're ever down with the family for Spring Break to go to Disney World, look us up and we'll spend a day on the lake and have some REAL Florida fun.
You know it's all relative, come summer here, it's sooo hot and unbearable, that I'm always wishing I too had the means to travel with the boat...to some place like Illinois!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 5:46am
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Spring 2009, we've got a year to plan a get together...Orlando (Kissimmee actually) has no shortage of hotel rooms and is not far from the chain of lakes...heck, I can even fit a camper or two in my driveway if needed, maybe we can motivate some northeners to come down, I read on another thread about whole families coming down for spring break and dropping them of at Disney World before hitting the lakes...great idea. With all the attractions down here (including Jbear as one of them), we could make this thing a go!!!

Good idea... but would it be possible to plan that get toghether somewhere in july...? Just a question eh, because Chantal and I planned to take up JBear's invitation to come over to the States that month... That way we can meet some of the great guys on this site... Two birds with one stone

Kristof

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2008 at 8:40pm
Wow, Kristof. Do you really want to go to Orlando in July? It's hotter than Africa there, almost the hottest place on the face of the earth. Hey, July is the Green Lake Reunion! Here's your new itinerary!. Maybe you could fly into Orlando, sweat with Jbear and the Mouse for a few days and then take an economical $150 flight from Orlando to Milwaukee or Chicago and take in the BIG EVENT in Green Lake, Wisconsin. Heck, we'll even swing by and pick you up at the airport and drop you off on Sunday or Monday as you fly home from Chicago. We'll see you there!!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 8:59am
Reid,

That idea is running through my mind... Maybe we can convince JBear to come along
I think I will plan two weeks to the States, because I want to stay a while with JBear, who so kindly invited me to come over (thanks again John ).
How long is the Green Lake reunion?

So, two birds with one stone anyway LOL
See you all at Green Lake in July 2009!!

- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 1:07pm
kristof....Will you be bringing your Boat??..lol
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 1:08pm
Kristof, you know that you're more than welcome with us too. Even if you stay with JBear, I'm sure that we'll bee seeing you. Him and I get together at least once a week to ski if not more. We'll have a god time I'm sure. If would awesome to spend some time with you.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 1:10pm
By the way Adam, those are some awesome pics with the boys. Been on the Butler chain a bunch of times myself. Great place to boat. Just wish there were more places to get a bite to eat at.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2008 at 6:52pm
Eddie,
Thanks for the invitation... I'm pretty sure it will be a great summer!!

Mark,
I would love to!! Wanna sponsor me...?

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 4:08pm
Damn that looks nice........too bad us midwesterners don't have that!

I'm jealous!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 12:22am
Come on down!!! That's why God invented boat trailers!!! We've got a space reserved for you!!!

-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 11:05pm
Nice to see you claimed the spot for us C/CFANers.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic