NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage BFN footage.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintage BFN footage.
    Posted: March-09-2008 at 6:24pm
I was checkin out some footing vids and ran across this. I think its pretty cool.

BFN

EDIT: hyperlink wont work just copy and paste. Sorry.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OUt13RVONi4
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 7:01pm
Broken link!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 8:04pm
niiice... gotta love seeing him get up finally, then do the ole face meets water slapper..haha good find!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 8:16pm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ahrLSxDfW8g&feature=related

Yet another CC looks like an 87-89
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 11:17am
phatsat, you're not in your 50s you should be able to figure out the hyperlink!

EDIT; I tried a few times, can't figure it out myself.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 11:25am
I've got to agree with Wood. I don't hear the 454.
Still some cool vids.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 11:29am
I edited my post because I opened the secone link before the first. The first boat does look like a BFN. The girl looks and sounds like she's next to a Ski with a Ford.

I just love listening to some people's instructing. Perhaps I've been blessed with great teachers, but how does "bend your knees" really help any? Bring your hips forward, which will get all of your body in position, including the knees.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 1:13am
Nice vid, anybody else notice David Hasselhoff riding on the motorbox?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 2:24am
HW: I resemble that remark.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 8:42am
phatsat, I think you need to go back and edit the title of this thread! It my be older but I wouln't say it is "vintage". As one of the older members here, I remember the days before booms! You guys made it easy by putting a pipe out the side of the boat!!! "Vintage" however can mean anything older that a day so it's OK! I just wanted to remind the younger group when things were harder. By the way, as a kid, I didn't have to walk 5 miles through the snow to get to school. It was only 3 miles!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 9:14am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

By the way, as a kid, I didn't have to walk 5 miles through the snow to get to school. It was only 3 miles!!!

Uphill both ways?

My grandfather used to like telling the story of how many times a piece of wood could make you warm. He was born in Wisconsin in 1912.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 9:41am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

My grandfather used to like telling the story of how many times a piece of wood could make you warm. He was born in Wisconsin in 1912.

Greg, Did he ever have to demonstrate that warming on your dad or even yourself?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 9:46am

Greg, Did he ever have to demonstrate that warming on your dad or even yourself?

Who...me?!!? LOL

The story though, was about going into the woods with his dad and a team of horses!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 1:15pm

As one of the older members here, I remember the days before booms! You guys made it easy by putting a pipe out the side of the boat!!!

Wow Pete, you are old!

Lake George, 1961:

Borrowed from Adirondack Marine's photo page.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 1:22pm
Tim, Very interesting! The use of booms must have come from the east! I remember seeing them hit the Midwest in the early 70's. Ether that or the Midwest skiers just liked to do things the more challenging way!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2008 at 2:13pm
Pete. I just threw the vintage in there because the vid said learning to foot 1987(the year I was born haha)So I figured the boat (by the look of the gagues)was early 80's so it was probably still in its prime. BTW pete, I just baught a suit last night. My regular lake friends Are learning to foot this spring old school LONG LINE haha. I dont want to buy a boom and I think it would be cooler to say you learned without one. I might not think that after a few falls haha.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2008 at 12:53am
SOLO footin in a CC looks to be an 89. You will all appreciate this one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g6VDV5ayCOk&feature=user

Check out all this dudes vids hees usually in the red CC BFN.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic