NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hang ’em up!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hang ’em up!
    Posted: March-08-2008 at 4:02pm
Well as planned, I was going to work on my trailer this saturday at my friends shop.
He told me the shop would be empty to work on the trailer. Got there friday evening to put my boat in his shop and guess what... It was full with steel plates freshly painted...

What to do...??
Well... hang 'em up:

Hung boat and trailer on the crane and put in the back of the shop where there was room to work... When you got the gear, you can do the job

Next morning we started at 7 am...

Trailer is finished and fits the boat perfect!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 4:06pm
explain to me again the trailer design.
"the things you own will start to own you"
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 6:54pm
i like it, but i'd hang it from the front lifting eye on the deck of the bow, i'm not sure the through hull eye is meant for that load.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

It doesn't look like my CC trailer...very cool Kris! I'd have a heart attack to see my boat like that?!!?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 7:41pm
I know Kristof will be back with the answer, but I remember him saying a while back that the trailer specifications are set by the government.

Amazing what you can do when you've got the right tools.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 8:12pm
Indeed, government regulations is the story of the trailer...
Some guys here do have the American trailers, but lots of paperwork and modifications... Not to mention that all that red tape costs lots of money as do the modifications...

Nate,
The reason I didn't use the front lifting eye, is that there is a nice bulldog mounted on it, and I couldn't remove it, and didn't wanna risk breaking it..

The hull eye posed no problem whatsoever
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 11:00pm
Looks good Kristof.

I have one of those Mac Bulldogs on the hood
of my Wheel Horse lawn mower. Maybe I should
move it to the front of the SN ?
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 11:18pm
critter, that could be our new mascot.Someone needs to check out a group buy........
Kristoff you could have started a "fad" here..........TOOOOOO COOOOOOL
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 11:31pm
I used to have one of those bull dogs on a '65 Chevy PU I owned. Who do you supposed mounted that on a Nautique?
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2008 at 11:47pm
Need to make sure that we do not plan in taking them to China if we do..... Just be
another finger food....

From http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-18512264.html

"Does the message translate into the local language, or is it at least neutral? Not so with Mack Truck when it wanted to add the famous Mac bulldog on the hood. In the U.S. the bulldog represent toughness. In China, dogs represent, well, lunch. To use the dog would be the same as our putting a chicken breast on the hood."
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 2:08am
OH, Now That is too COOL!!! Now that would be sweet on my rig as I always fly a UGA flag from the Skylon and my rig is also the same color scheme as Kristof's. Did I forget to mention that I like it?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 12:52pm
even a old pontiac emblem would be right up there with the dog,
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 1:03pm
I'd say let the Chinese have their lunch...
To me it looks cool there, that's why I said to the previous owner he had to leave it on...
He doesn't know anymore where he got it... Too bad, otherwise we could do that group buy Doc!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 5:28pm
"He doesn't know anymore where he got it... Too bad, otherwise we could do that group buy Doc! "

JC Whitney's or Mack Trucks.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 10:51pm
I would think a better bow ornament would be a chrome middle age fat bald guy if all you cc collectors look anything like me
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 11:03pm
Peter, you have the wrong site........
All those guys are over on the Mastercrap site.We are a bunch of macho, buffed out , swinging , have a party all nite , 6 babes on our arms kinda guys.
Sorry you got the wrong impression, do not send pics of yourself and we will let you into our little group, and we will delete your above post. It will be our secret..................Boat dr
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 11:24pm
Who's got the picture of Eddie.
That will give Peter an idea of the shape we are all in.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 11:30pm
Do not go to the Green Lake 2007 reunion pics.There were several "IMPOSTERS" there posing as CCFans.You can pick them out easily. middle aged, bald and fat.
They were there spying for the Mastercrap site......Boat dr
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 1:13am

Typical C/CFANer.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 5:36am
LMAO

Doc...like the title of this post says: "Hang 'em up!" LOL

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 9:42am
Thanks Jbear

Peter,
Eddie is basically a clone of all of us CCFan members.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 10:38am

Its mostly the width regulations that make the difference, the boat now needs to be over the tires instead of between. Higher center of gravity, less stable and you need a steeper ramp or longer tongue for launching. But you can make it down historically narrow streets and byways.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 11:01am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Do not go to the Green Lake 2007 reunion pics.There were several "IMPOSTERS" there posing as CCFans.

Pete, please don't post quinner's picture.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 3:09pm
is that guy trying to pick up an alien from the planet shaft?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

is that guy trying to pick up an alien from the planet shaft?

you need to get out of the house and find a girlfriend, oh that's the problem sorry.. I understand why you spend so much time alone now sorry about that.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 8:04pm
Peter,

I'm not sure if you've met our friend Chris (aka 79nautique) yet.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Its mostly the width regulations that make the difference, the boat now needs to be over the tires instead of between. Higher center of gravity, less stable and you need a steeper ramp or longer tongue for launching. But you can make it down historically narrow streets and byways.

Well you see guys... Joe is well informed! Spent some time here maybe?

Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

I would think a better bow ornament would be a chrome middle age fat bald guy if all you cc collectors look anything like me

Well, I am balding a little and 40 is considered middle age.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic