Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People who just don’t care

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People who just don’t care
    Posted: January-23-2008 at 10:51pm
I can't imagine either of these being my boat!

Some people have too much money!

Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 12:18am
Is that Lanier?
Tate
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 8:31am
Here on Lanier, there are many more docks like that than are floating, and any floating have been moved waayyy out. Those 2 at least have a lift under them...there are bunches of outboards and outdrives buried in the mud.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Here on Lanier,

Has the level been rising any this winter?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 12:12pm
you should see the sh*t that the people who just dont care do too 250k boats
"the things you own will start to own you"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Has the level been rising any this winter?
Chuck

We have gotten some rain and even a little frozen stuff, so it is up a touch from being over 20' down. It's a touch over 19' low now. A neighbor lake, Allatoona, has come up 4' in a month to their 'full winter pool', but only because the Corps greatly reduced the outflow there. The outflow has been reduced here as well, but Lanier is much deeper and has lost a lot more water.

Chuck, thanks for asking and most people I know are either talking about it or quietly worried.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 2:22pm
These were taken on Hartwell. Both could have easily moved their docks out and kept them floating. Luckily the drop off is really steep at my lot and I haven't had to move my dock...yet.

I can't get over the red Nautique sitting on that slope with 1/2 the platform under water. If that were my boat it would have slid off the lift. Usually the people that don't really care are also lucky!

Considering their lack of attention I wonder if they drained the block at the end of last summer? We've had a lot of nights in the teens this year. I'd imagine there's going to be many cracked blocks this year!

I used to boat on Allatoona quite a bit. Talking about winter pool there is a joke. They usually lower the lake about 20' in the winter for "flood protection in the spring". This summer it was really, really low. Many docks there were on dirt all last summer!

I think we're about 15' low on Hartwell last time I looked. Funny thing is Keowee is full!

USACE vs Duke Power.
Matt
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 9:50pm
I used to live near Allatoona in 86/87. Lost a prop skiing in the summer. Took a mini bike out on the lake bottom that winter and found it. Would not be surprised to hear that lake is dry.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2008 at 12:21am
I also lost a prop on Clarks hill.....along with a large metal bracket for a wavrunner lift. I have been thinking of heading out to look for them! I wonder how a metal detector would work around ramps and docks with the lake down. Wish I was a teen with some free time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic