NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GIBSON, your 140HP restriction

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GIBSON, your 140HP restriction
    Posted: November-22-2007 at 6:00pm
Jim I copied and pasted your question and my answer out of the non-related thread that you posted in. I just thought that you may be able to find it easier.

GIBSON

Posted: 20 November 2007 at 12:42pm | IP Logged | Report Post      Quote GIBSON
I HAVE 140HP RESTICTION ON THE LITTLE LAKE I'M ON . I CAN BUY A 1967 MUSTANGE WITH A BAD MOTOR. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE WOULD BE A WAY TO PUT A 4CYL IN THAT BOAT. IT ALSO WAS A REVERSE ROTATIO MOTOR, THANKS
Back to Top      View GIBSON's Profile Search for other posts by GIBSON

8122pbrainard
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Posted: 20 November 2007 at 1:39pm | IP Logged      

Quote 8122pbrainard
Jim, Yes,At the bottom,is a link to a tread about 4 cyl. engines. Merc and PCM have them. You will need a prop change.
Jim, Welcome to the site. I think you will find the answers to almost anything pertaining to CC's as well as boats in general. Tons of knowledge here and people willing to help. When posting a new topic, towards the top is a "new topic" box that you can click on and start a thread.

Personally, I would rebuild the original engine and put 140hp stickers on it!!! What engine is in the Mustang?

54 Atom
77 Tique
64 X55 Dunphy
Three Lakes, Wi.
Keep it original,

4 cyl.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 4:05am
Pete I bought this one for the motor to go into my 59 Atom.

4cyl Mustang

Basically bought the motor and got the boat free . I intend to repower with a hot 302 some day . I think I entered it into the ten year plan . But I havent decided when the beginning of the plan is going to start .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 10:48am
Pete, those were my first thoughts, new stickers.... even though i just bought a set of mercruiser alpha stickers and happened to glance at the invoice, they got me for 80 bucks
"the things you own will start to own you"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 11:35am
Erik, Chances are no one at the lake would know the difference. If the 67 Mustang GIBSON is looking at has the 170 in line 6, it would be 100HP. If it had the 260 V8 it would be 165HP. Close enough in my book!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic