Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pylon mounting

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pylon mounting
    Posted: November-21-2007 at 12:25am
I have a 1973 Ski Nautique and I repaired the bottom mount for the pylon but im not sure what should be mounting the top side where it goes threw the floor. It has two aluminum squares that sandwitch the floor. I just purchased this boat and I am in the prosses of secondary stringers and a new floor. Also shound there be a pin or a bolt going threw the lower mount?

Thanks for your help.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 7:21am
Sam, The lower mount doesn't have a pin or bolt. The one welded sq. plate at the floor will maintain the pylon vertical position.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2007 at 11:14am
Sam, I had a '74 Ski Nautique and the pylon had a bolt through the bottom part of it and also through the part that is made into the hull in the bilge. The square plates were not welded to the pylon. The plates were held in place with bolts through the floor. One plate the top and one on the underside of the floor. I also had a '79 ski Nautique and it had rectangular plates and one of them was welded to the pylon. I think Correct Craft may have made a change at some point. Hope this helps. Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic