Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting SN off trailer.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stillskiing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stillskiing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting SN off trailer.
    Posted: November-18-2007 at 2:23am
Whats the best way toget a SN off a trailer to sand blast & paint the trailer? I know the SN needs to be blocked up some how?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 9:02am
81nautique just answered part of this question for me in this thread, and it probably has other helpful info for you:   81's trailer project

On how to properly and safely put a boat on blocks, we'll both be waiting for input from the guys who have done it a few times.

Welcome aboard!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 10:29am
Still, Here's the way Alan did it that Greg mentioned. It is a fairly long thread and I finally found it:

"As for putting the boat on stands I used my engine hoist to lift the back, placed stands under it then went to the front with the hoist and slid the trailer out. A little tricky by myself but it worked."

However, if you don't have a engine hoist, Here's the method we used for storage without trailers and before fork lifs/racks when I was working at a marina.

Lower the trailer tongue as far as posible.
Block under the transom of the boat at both corners.
Raise the tongue with the jack stand and block under the keel at about the helm.
When you lower the tongue, the boat will now be on the blocks.
Now, using a hydraulic bottle jack under the keel again jack in a position as far forward from a trailer frame cross member as possible.
Jack and pull the trailer forward.
Rejack and move the keel blocking and move the trailer again.
you may need to do this several time before the trailer is out.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic