Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Need a tower!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
formulad97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Need a tower!!
    Posted: November-17-2007 at 1:24am
looking to get a tower for my 03 super sport annnndddddd new dimension has not had a 03 210 in yet so he cant make the jig. He says hopefully buy spring. How our your feelings about the monster tower or the titan. I like the way the monster looks and its priced good. I went to wakeworld I didnt see anything negitive. A local installer says they are poop! And would not recomend them. What are your thoughts.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2007 at 11:35am
Personally do not care for the look of the Monster tower, aesthetically Titans are a bit better but IMHO nothing looks as good as the factory or New Dimension tower. No opinion on either as far as performance, I can say the factory tower is solid and I have had as many as 5 ropes at the same time.

A couple things to consider would be getting the anchor light mounted on the tower and if you intend on mounting any other wired accessories on the tower pre-wire them if possible. My bimini is tower mounted which is really great as well. Another thing to keep in mind is your cover will need to be altered w/the factory or new dim tower, may not be the case with the others if they collapse completely within the boat and lastly if your boat stores indoors verify the garage door opening height as well as the collapsed tower height so you don't have any surprises there.

Good Luck
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2007 at 9:23pm
Stick with a genuine CC FCT. They are the stoutest towers out there, and look the coolest on a Nautique.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 12:13am
I've had friends with the monster towers. They are very sturdy, and work great. I personally don't care for how they look. Some people like them.

However, I would not even think to put a monster tower on an 03 Super Sport. The Super Sport is the foundation hull for the Super Air Naituque, or Super Air 210. The same hull was made from 95-2006 and is considered perhaps the best wakeboard hull to date, of any brand. Further, the 2003 was considered the very best year for the model. Therefore, if it were my boat, I would only consider an FCT or a New Dimension copy of an FCT.

My $.02. Take it for what it's worth - free advice. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 1:11am
Im going to give West Coast Correct Craft a call, The FCT is my fav and it looks perfect on the 210. Here are some photos of the Monster on a 210, 13 boat down the list.

http://www.monstertower.com/customerphotos/index.htm
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 2:51am
please dont put a monster tower on that boat! i beg you. they look awful
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2007 at 12:08am
think the monster tower looks good...and its dirt cheap compared to oem or n.d.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2007 at 2:20pm
Even if you fall into the group of people that like the look of the monster towers (which are a good value from what I have seen), I agree with the others that have said it would not be the way to go on this boat. In terms of resale I would say you would have a good percentage of buyers who wouldnt even consider buying that boat with a monster tower on it..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2007 at 2:52pm
Here are my two cents. I passed up a deal on a 2002 air that had the factory tower replaced due to a boat lift accident with an after market tower. It looked ok but there was a reason it had not sold for market value. It did not have a factory tower. I passed because it looked funny and I was wondering if I would ever be able to sell it again.
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2007 at 11:11pm
bc- for the right price?..i mean cmon dude were talking a 1500 difference..
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2007 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by ryanandrews ryanandrews wrote:

bc- for the right price?..i mean cmon dude were talking a 1500 difference..

dude its an 03 ss. i wouldnt even consider that hull with that tower. leave the monster for the 84 malibus.
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2007 at 11:39pm
just looked, a ndt is 1995.00 minus 15%=1695.75
monster is 1195.99. and in my calculations thats not 1500$
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2007 at 12:10am
I think the OEM FCTs, new, go for around $2500 which would account roughly for the $1500 delta of which Ryan refers. That's certainly a lot of money. However, keep in mind that those boats are still going for well over $30K. To the points of bc and 88, I think an 03 SS with a monster tower would sell for at least $1500 less than an 03 with an FCT.

I wouldn't limit Monster Towers to old Bu's, but, again, I wouldn't put one on an 03 SS.
BKH
Livin' the Dream

92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2007 at 12:35pm
Tower "looks" are a personal preference. I wont comment on that. However, as far as "construction", ease of installation,
factory support, and durability, the Monster Tower has been great...I just finished my third season with it. I lube the lug nuts and replace any worn O-Rings in the spring, and it's good to go. Very quiet, solid as a rock, extremely easy to fold down for garage storage, and no wear and tear on it. The Monster Tower weighing in at $1,100 is a great value.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2007 at 2:52pm
I say go for the ND tower on that boat.I have a buddy going thru the same delemma as you right now.Can't decide!

Threadjack....92,where you been??You gotta try to make the NE reunion next year and meet some of the guys.(and girls)

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 2:05am
Well , hopefull when im ready to buy the tower ND will have a tower for my boat. I did find a 03 FCT on planet nautique for 1700 , but the damm boat zapped my savings so its gonna be a minute.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 2:40am
One more thing, is the 2001 SS the same is my 03 (mounting points width)? The guy at ND was not sure if it would fit.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 2:57am
I believe the mounting points and width are the same, though I am not positive. I would want to measure to be certain. I might be able to do so. I have an 01, and I think my neighbor's boat is an 03.

However I do know for certain, the feet on the towers are different between 01 and 03. Beginning in 02, CC narrowed the gunnel size by about 50% to create more interior room. As a result, the tower feet had to be narrowed to accomodate.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 9:01pm
sweet. let me know when you get around to it.
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2007 at 11:59pm
..thanks for asking 05 210. I'll keep my eye out for next year's reunion.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2007 at 8:03pm
formula,

Not sure when I might get to this. My boat is at West Coast CC right now, about 120 miles from my house. Not really expecting to have it back for a week or two. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2007 at 4:39pm
Thanks bk. Let me know how WC CC is , and if that is a good place to get my tower installed. I live in Sac and that place is not far.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2007 at 6:06pm
I'm supposed to pick up the boat tomorrow. Assuming I don't end up on a plane somewhere. Should be able to do some measurements on Sunday. BKH
Livin' the Dream

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2007 at 7:05pm
Haven't we seen these girls some where before or am I mistaken? If you scroll down a little you will see what I am talking about.

hull ordiments
78nautique78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2007 at 10:08am
Just saw the monster tower on correct craft.Hmmmmm..... No Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formulad97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2007 at 10:56pm
Ran across this while xmas shopping today, there in nor cal

http://www.launchwt.com
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2007 at 1:09am
Hey formuala. My SAN (2001) is back home, and I can take whatever measurement you might need. It turns out my neighbor's SAN is a 2005, not a 2003. I think the towers are the same, but I'm not positive. He will let me take measurements if that is any help. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic