NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ignitor kit.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ignitor kit.
    Posted: October-29-2007 at 10:58pm
My current distributor has an ignitor EI kit in it. My question is I found an 87 distributor(screw down) and the one that its in is an 86 (clip down). They look exactly the same externaly and from what I can see the same internally(stator plate screws in the same place). I was wondering if anyone had the info on if this kit would work in the new distributor. It is a nice NOS piece that I can get cheap. The only difference I can see in the kits for the two on ski dim is that one includes screws(87) and the other includes clips and screws(86). Worse case I can just use the points that are in it and it should run just fine.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2007 at 8:57am
From what I understand the rubber grommets for where the wires exit are different between the kits, not sure about anything else.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic