NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New boat at the BBC

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New boat at the BBC
    Posted: August-29-2007 at 11:32pm
Well we are arguing on who is going to drive it, But anyone that feels they can ski behind it is more then welcome lol.

oh yea its got a Chevy motor!!!
So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 12:40am
Is that a 280 Hydro? I think E class is the 280s. Several 280s in the State of Washington. They used to race in Lake Merrit, downtown Oakland for years before the environmental types complained. Back then almost all had 273 Chryslers. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 12:41am
P.S. Who was driving when the sponson was dinged? BKH
Livin' the Dream

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 12:53am
BK, i just learned a new word because of you.
if it has a bowtie, i know its fast
"the things you own will start to own you"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 1:53am
I have learned lotsa new words from BKH.

Cool boat Josh....why does Jerry look so sad? Where are ya gonna put it? BBC looked pretty crowded when I saw it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 2:30am
Oh please gentlemen. Surely you have heard the word Chrysler before. BKH
Livin' the Dream

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 2:33am
Is Reid going to drive that thing ????
Looks fun and fast !!!!
Ricky Bobby on Water
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 2:36am
Well I meant "sponson"...not really sure what eric meant.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 8:32am
Reid, Bring that up to GL and have Barney use his $2000 meter on it!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 10:33am
Paint it red & it would look like a big lobster!

Jerry is looking sad because he knows he has to fix what Reid tears up!
Greg

86 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 11:35am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

P.S. Who was driving when the sponson was dinged? BKH

Most likely the reason Jerry looks so sad, it was one of "Jerry's Kids" driving, the big kid standing in the picture.
Sabre002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 4:14pm
Well it was there at the BBC for us to pull the motor on it after the crash. It is not going to be added to the BBC collection sadly. This is a friend of reid's we just helped him out. I have to say this was the easlyest motor pull I have ever done took about 30 mins.

Here are some pics from the crash and there is a vid someplace I will see what I can do to find it.

So what winks and f**k's like a tiger?
www.facebook.com/sabre002
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 6:12pm
The owner of the boat is Gordy Oakley, and it's a 5 Liter class. This class runs close to a stock engine. He lives here in Mooresville, NC. I just recently met him thru his brother Bill, who owns a Jersey Skiff and took us riding last year and got me hooked on those. No hydros in my future.

Jerry's only sad because Gordy was about to pull away. Gordy actually expected to have to pay for us/they (I watched) helping pull the engine.

This is the video of the roll, from a French Canadian site, so if it sounds a little unique, but the race commentating is in English.

http://www.hydroplanequebec.com/video/hampton075l2b.wmv
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 7:37pm
That boat reminds me of a STX a guy at my lake had. It had a driver seat, a front passenger seat and a small back seat centered behind the front seats. It had an outboard motor and it went 97 mph with three of us and a full tank of gas. It had a 150 hp motor, don't remember the brand. 97 is fast on the water, and anything above 75 and you couldn't hear the motor and it was hard to breathe. He told us to get up with him later that day with a 1/4 tank of gas and he would show us 110 mph, I said no thank you.
Tim D
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 9:33pm
My brother in law crews for a Cincinnati team that runs a 7 liter boat "the Irishman". 502 chevy power. The boat is a throwback, its old enough to run in the vintage class, wood boat, quartered sapele decks, the boats too old and heavy to be truly competitive, they try to make up for it with a really good engine builder (he's probably cheating!) they had a prop failure in quebec a few weeks ago, a prop ear came off and went up through the deck of the boat, fortunately the resulting vibration broke the coupler, saving the engine.   They are putting an entire new bottom on this winter, updating the shape of the belly pan to change the way the boat rides on the cushion on air. Neat stuff those things really fly.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2007 at 1:15pm
This website is a bad influence, last week I am in the attic looking for the old nitrous dufflebag, now this thread had me in the backyard pulling the stretchwrap off my old unfinished outboard hydro project... soo many ways to die... does look like they are still having fun down there in NC
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic