NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trailer tires

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trailer tires
    Posted: July-30-2007 at 10:42pm
Pete, We also have 4 bee hives. We are in the process of extracting 40 frames as we speak. Honey production is down. We will end up with about 10 gallons of the spring amber. Hope to do better on the fall flow. It will be a darker and stronger honey which most people prefer. Do you want to know about his OTHER hobbies? boat nurse
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 10:12pm
It was a cocker mix mutt. Great for bringing up the kids. We lost Charlie about 3 years ago and haven't replaced him. Sounds like the Doc is a bird hunter when he's not building up high HP engines or I almost forgot, other peoples boats!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 9:54pm
Pete, We have a 9 yr old English Setter and two American Pointers. WWhat kind of dog do you have? boat nurse
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 9:32pm
Doc, Do you and Karen have a dog?? Just wondering if you do what kind is it? They say that a lot of times a dog matches the personality of it's owner!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 9:27pm
you guys gottit all wrong, that flat spot thing I mean.After mine sits a day or two on the radials that jumping up and down for a few miles is the old girl being happy about going to the water.
You know like one of them lap dogs that runs around, barks, chases his tail and then pees on the floor. Same deal ...........boat dr
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 8:28pm
radials are the only way to go.
Booty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 8:17pm
All tires will get flat spots when they sit a while. I would use radial tires if towing any distance to try and increase my fuel milage and the ride is a lot more smoother as well.

Booty
Booty
82,2001 82,2001
carycp9087 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carycp9087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 5:29pm
ok thanks for the help...from what i've read the ST tires are the bias ply. however the goodyear marathons are made for trailers but they are radials. Darrel you are right, the ST tires have stronger sidewalls than radials. the more flexible sidewalls of radials have increased trailer sway and loss of control.
cary
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 5:05pm
Goodyear Marathons or Towmasters. I believe trailer tires have a "ST" rating for special trailer. They need the stronger sidewalls than car tires.
I'd rather have a drink on the rocks in the boat than have a boat on the rocks in the drink. Been there, done that, no bueno.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 4:50pm
Mine are maxxis 8008's. They are radials and say that they are for trailer use only...maybe they don't get the flat spots? My tire guy also said they had taller sidewalls than some and he didn't bat an eyeball on which to put back on. I think the rotted tires I took him were original.

Flip side, it only goes 400 yrds round trip
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 4:37pm
Goodyear Marathons
carycp9087 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carycp9087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2007 at 4:06pm
I've got to replace my tires on my trailer. The guy I went to buy new tires from said I needed bias ply tires, instead of radials, but someone else told me to get radials. The argument is non radials wear faster, but when radials are stored in the shed all winter, they get flat spots. Which do yall recommend?
cary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic