Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Front air scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
88 Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2007 at 12:48am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

88, The small axial bilge blowers are not capable of producing much static pressure to overcome the resistence of long lengths of tubing and pipe. This is why the OEM's put the blowers close to the exhaust vent with minimal lengths of tubing. You may not be getting the required air flow through your setup so be carefull. I recomend that you reinstall the blower like it originally was.

This is how it was when I bought the boat. I'm not sure, but I think this is how the boat came new because the wiring harness has the bildge blower power lead at this point. The wiring has not been modified. I can feel air flow out the rear vent when the blower is on. If you are sure this is not how the boat came new, I will look into reconfiguring the blower. Can you provide pictures of an 88 SN with the configuration of what you speak?
Thanks
Kurt
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2007 at 9:07am
88, From other responces and yours, it seems like that is the factory location for the blower. Of coarse, that doesn't make it correct as far as max and desirerable air flow. The point I was trying to make was to be careful with adding tubing. A 3" blower has a nominal CFM of 135 and that is with no tubing connected. With 10' (each 90 degree bend adds a equivelent of 10') of flex the static pressure resistence is around .4 in. of water. That's alot of resistence for a small axial blower.

The same caution holds true for bilge pumps as the length of hose increases the resistence (head) will increase to a point that the pump will no longer deliver any water!! I went through this last summer when I took over a failed project from the kids at the ski club. They wanted to put a sprinkling system on their ski jump and couldn't figure out why the bilge pump they were using wasn't pumping any water to the top of the jump!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2007 at 9:28am
With our small inboards, the axial blowers even if efficiency is cut in half is more than adequate IMHO. The bilge area is probably no more than 75 cubic feet and probably more like 50. At that size, the air in the bilge will be turned over in one minute even if the blower efficiency is cut in half. IMHO, the blower should be run at leaset one minute prior to starting.

My Bro-in-law's 23 foot MasterCraft also uses the axial blower as installed from the factory.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic