Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thermostat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BOBM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thermostat
    Posted: April-18-2007 at 7:18am
Hi,
Anybody out there know where I can get a
thermostat for a 65 Chrysler 318 polysphere
motor? I've looked for months, can't find one.
Thanks,
Bob
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 10:04am
Have you tried Marine Parts Source?

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 11:16am
Bob,

Try this forum; it's dedicated to old Chrysler engines:

Chrysler Marine Engines

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 1:40pm
Bob,

I am having the same problem you are. Marine parts.com say they don't make the screw in style anymore, that housing or the relief valve(allows passage of water to exhaust manifolds). So i purchased the newer style housing and thermostat. I did not like the way the thermostat went in and I dont think it is working correctly. If I find out anythi8ng else, I will let you know. Also I am having trouble with my water pump (dual pocket sherwood). Maybe we could exchange phone numbers and discuss our issues. I have been wanting to talk with someone who has the same engine I do.
'cuda
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 3:23pm
Does your t-stat look anything like this?:

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 11:23pm
Bobm and Heath- Here's the closest replacement stat I could find. And it didn't solve the problem (overheating). It wasn't the dual impeller Sherwood pump either.
If you'd like to talk over the phone, email me your #s.
-Brad

Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2007 at 12:42am
Bob I had a 65 Barracuda and found the front bypass and manifolds from Blue Ridge Marine in Lynwood Washington. I can't remember the guys name but he had a bunch of parts and was very knowledgable. I ran mine without a thermostat and everywhere but Lake Tahoe it ran at 155. At Tahoe 6000' 60 degree water it ran at 145
Thephantomkaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thephantomkaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 12:10pm
You can run them without a thermostat?
~Michael~
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2007 at 4:41am
Not a good idea to run with out one as the motor will never warm up to operating temp. Which will cause the boat to run rich.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2007 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

Not a good idea to run with out one as the motor will never warm up to operating temp. Which will cause the boat to run rich.

or remove moister from the block and cause a lot of problem down the road, it's all right to do if it sticks close and you need to get back in but don't run it without one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic