NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paragon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paragon
    Posted: April-15-2007 at 5:50pm
I was just going through our ref. section and ran accross the Paragon. These must be pretty rare as I never knew it exsisted. There are none in the diaries and none in the for sale section. Has anyone ever owned one? What was the technique or construction method of the mahogany deck? Clear gel over veneer? It doesn't look like solid lumber. The teak floor is self explanitory.

I did a search and came up with more Paragon tranmission info that Paragon boat

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2007 at 6:33pm
I'm not sure as ive never seen one in person, but i do believe that the mahogany deck IS actually solid lumber, i could be wrong though. Beautiful boat though, just wish it has a little different windshield.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2007 at 6:37pm
Quinner owned a Paragon. BKH
Livin' the Dream

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2007 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Quinner owned a Paragon. BKH

Yup...sold it to a guy who brought it to Green Lake last year. I believe this is the only burgandy one ever made. Pretty sweet!

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2007 at 8:42pm
They are amazing boats. There's actually three in the Diaries section. The one pictured above was sold/purchased through this site.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2007 at 8:43pm
There should be about 11 of the dark green or forest green . Nice looking boats hopefully it will be at GL. again this year .
Nice job kieth for bringing those up .
Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2007 at 9:10pm
It's got to be one of the highest quality inboards ever made. The quality of the wood/finish looks like those high end, downeast picnic boats.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2007 at 11:24pm
I did own the Burgundy Paragon Rob posted above, sold it in 2005. To be honest I have no idea of the exact construction, I believe it was a standard 93' Ski Nautique Hull which was covered in Mahogany, the windshield frame was also Mahogany and as you noted the floors were all done in Teak. Powered by a Pro-Boss that was chromed out and dressed up with braided hose coverings. The interior was vinyl that looked like leather and it had an upgraded sound system. The 94' Brochure also has some information.

Depending on who you ask there where 11-13 Paragons produced, 1 Burgundy and the remainder Hunter Green, saw a Green one and really did not care for it, more of a Christmas Green IMO.

The Paragon is a very beautiful boat, sold it to a great guy (Chuck) who lives in our area, I did pass on the reunion dates to him and I believe he will be attending again this year.

Keith,

Thinking about the Web Link post, Chuck called the Factory asking where he might find a Paragon, they directed him here, which as you know, is where he found and purchased the boat.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 6:53am
Keith, I did find the 3 in the diaries, Thanks! I must have mis spelled Paragon when I did my 1st search!!

Interesting boat but must have not gone over very big. I believe that someone is going to want ether a all wood or all fiberglass boat.

Quinner, Was your wood showing any signs of deterioration? Unless CC did a good job of sealing off the bottom of the wood against the fiberglass deck, I could see a potential for big problems.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 9:23am
Pete,

Actually the wood was in very good shape, first refinishing was not needed until after the boat was about 8yrs old. It was always stored indoors or on a covered lift and well cared for it's entire life. The hull had some blistering issues after about 10yrs.

As far as the numbers produced, the price tag may have been a bit of the issue with the Paragon, new in 94' it was over $50k, quite a premium over the standard SN. IMO the boat was put together very well, when sold everything on the boat was Factory original with the exception of the Carb and the Pro-Tech ignition.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 9:44am
Ive always wanted to see one in person. Maybe I will get to own one someday.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic