Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Atlanta Georgia, What is there to do?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atlanta Georgia, What is there to do?
    Posted: March-03-2007 at 3:48pm
Hello, I am visiting Atlanta for a few days, and wanted to know what there is to do, just for busy body stuff.... I like car museums, or things of that nature. Just anything really, so i dont have to sit in this hotel on the computer the whole time.

Thanks in advance
Travis...
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 5:22pm
The new aquarium is pretty cool, even if you don't have kids with you. If you like live music, there are many places to see great music. See who's playing or what's going on at the Roxy or Fox Theater. Google a local city guide for Atlanta and you'll find plenty to do.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 5:29pm
Stone Mountain if the weather is good, "World of Coke," "Underground Atlanta" The Carter Library, or just ride the MARTA around
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 9:00pm
If you go to stone mountian, hang around till 9pm.est and watch the lazer show. Its somthing worth seeing..

be sure to bring a blanket to sit on and try to sit in the center before the Railroad tracks.
RootRacing
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2007 at 11:32pm
There is a good car museum at stone mountain, they have a tucker in there, I think its one of like 38 left, and the under ground is cool, or you can always go shopping for shoes and bootleg DVDs...have fun!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 9:36am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

or you can always go shopping for shoes

Now That's a MANLY activity
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 9:43am
dont worry Travis we used the code, what happens on the road stays on the road, this exempts you from any trouble you may get into
"the things you own will start to own you"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 11:36am
I am a real positive Im not gonna run out to go shopping for shoes. Luckily I brought a pair of those with me. I did find a couple Nautique's for sale in the area, maybe line one up for a joy ride....
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 1:55pm
I used to get shipped to coffeeville kansas for one week schools all the time and man you could get in trouble in that town...... I dont think i left the hotel once, when someone once thought the Earth was flat after being out there i would think it was true

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 7:34pm

So I decided to go see Stone Mountain, and unfortunately they didnt have any shoes for sale. Really too bad... Maybe next time...
Travs

1980 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2007 at 8:26pm

Stone Mountain offered lots of entertaining things... This is the fireplace for the glass blowing...
Travs

1980 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 7:41am
you found the red light district i see..
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 7:51am
I was just there with the family on Saturday. Was going to do the picnic on the mountain but 60' and 20mph winds and the family said "NO WAY!" Did enjoy the walk up the mountain. Laser show doesn't start til Memorial day weekend usually and runs till labor day.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 10:02am
I was in Atlanta yesterday on business. The people are extremely friendly down there! The train system is nice and clean too.

Ken
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 2:14pm
Thanks Ya'll!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 6:56pm
Having a good time in town, met a young lady who has volunteered her services to show me around town last night. I am told I should visit the Cheetah, so I am assuming that one will be interesting. Great suggestions as of so far, and a good town so far.
Travs

1980 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 7:43am
young lady?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 8:56am
whay happens on the road stays on the road man law right?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 9:57am
The Cheetah is the best strip club in the ATL. The infamous "Gold Club" is no more. In fact, I think it is a church now or something like that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2007 at 7:31pm
Yes Eric, a Young Lady, I have a thing for the ladies, and I dont have Anything for the guys....

Sorry Eric,

not really....

Travs

1980 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 5:46pm
I didnt mean it that way Seattle, I was reffering to the young part and volunteering her services, I havnt met a gay skier yet or in fact a person of color that ski's , I guess skiing is like hockey and i didnt mean that offensively, just stating facts
Eric

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 6:33pm
Dont beat yourself up over it Eric... I was giving you some gump...

Young lady is my preference, over Old, cause old is just wrong for me, unless she has lots of money. Services covers a wide range of possibilities, and I am unable to disclose the extent of her services rendered.
Travs

1980 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 7:29am
I know ...the code.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 7:48am
When it comes to services rendered, cost isnt a concern. Although I did not pay her directly, I bought dinner, and various other things. All in all it really didnt cost much, and I will be keeping her number for future visits.
Travs

1980 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 9:07am
anyway you look at you gotta pay for it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic