NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

marine carbs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marine carbs
    Posted: July-01-2004 at 4:51pm
Other than the bent vent tubes what is different on a marine carb vs. a street carb?
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2004 at 5:16pm
On the marine Holley, the floats are not externally adjustable. They eliminated a potential fuel leak source.
SS 201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS 201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2004 at 8:49pm
J tubes on Holleys, E Brock claims they inendate the throttle shafts on their carbs, other than that nothing, except the cost. The marine carbs are usually jetted richer. Holleys have them both way, with external adjustments or not depending on the model. Holley's have annular or down leg boosters.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2004 at 5:15pm
For a less than perfect solution, a Holley street carb can be used and www.skidim.com sells the "J" vent that can be retrofitted (two for primary and secondary sides) to the street carb. Not a recommendation here, just an observation :)
SS 201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS 201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2004 at 9:30am
Go to mortec.com and get information for Holley Carbs.
Farkum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farkum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2004 at 3:59am
I hated the holley 600 that was on my 79 nautique. I switched over to a 69 850cfm rochester quadrajet which is a street carb and performs wonderfully on my boat. I just be a little more careful to check for fuel fumes in the engine compartment and I bought one of those warning gauges. I am also putting a timer on the blower so that my idiot brother cant start the boat without running the blower for at least 2 minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic