NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For dog owners only

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For dog owners only
    Posted: February-06-2007 at 9:29pm

: FW: DEAR GOD FROM THE DOG

Even if you don't have a dog, you gotta love this one.

TO: GOD

Dear God: Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?

Dear God: When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it still the same old story?

Dear God: Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the "Chrysler Eagle" the " Chrysler Beagle"?

Dear God: If a dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?

Dear God: We dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?

Dear God: More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

Dear God: Let me give you a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a good dog.

1 . I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.

2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.

3. The Litter Box is not a cookie jar.

4. The sofa is not a 'face towel'.

5. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.

6. I will not play tug-of-war with dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.

7. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying "hello".

8. I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm under the coffee table .

9. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house - not after.

10. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt.

11. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch.

12. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.

P.S. Dear God: When I get to Heaven may I have my testicles back?

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2007 at 10:03pm
lol...........how true and funny
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 12:13am
on that note thought I would share a pic of both my dogs. The bigger one for right now is our 2 year old female. The smaller is a 4 month old puppy.

female

male
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 7:02am
I liked dogs way before girls & there still more under standing than my wife. (I Love You Honey )My Dog dosen't need a disclamer.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 8:12am
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 8:14am
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 8:21am
Now you are talking my language. The Dogs are named Bud and Junior. bj
hasbeenskier
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 5:50pm
Now "hasbeen" I know those dogs can get in some trouble, just by looking at 'em. Are you an Earnhardt Jr. fan by chance?   And that Shepherd pup will have half of 87BFN's house chewed up before ski season hits. Really beautiful dogs guys.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 6:23pm
thanks reidp, lucky for us niether one chews on anything in the house. We keep plenty of chew toys and rawhides around for them to chew on.

But pupppies are definitely in our future.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 7:06pm
reidp... You hit the nail on the head. Those Aussie's are a terror around the house but I love them. And the Dale Jr. fan is my wife. I am sure you know what N.A.S.C.A.R. stands for....Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks
bj
hasbeenskier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 10:25pm

Here is a couple of shots of "jo" the Tennessee Wonder Dog. We wonder what kind of dog she is.

Pretty girl is Laurie, JEFF KOSTIS's sister.

john

This computer stuff makes me crazy. Didn't do anything different and my pics came out smaller.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:42am
Jasper wonders what kind of dog he is too!

I picked him up at the humane society 11 years ago, they told me he was a Daschund mix. The vet disagreed and still laughs about it everytime he sees him, he has really long legs for his size. Coolest ans smartest dog I've ever known. He loves everyone, especially kids. I'm not too sure he is going to like riding in the boat. He doesn't really like water, but he loves to go for rides in the car.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 2:05am
Randy: Jo is really a girl....a stray from our Tennessee home. Best dog I ever had. Hates water too but loves to go in the F-150. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 4:03pm
My dog loves to ride in both the boat and the F-150 and hates the water. She a two year old weimaraner and is the best dog ever! She really wants to drive the boat.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 6:11pm
Brad: Friend of mine from our ski club in Ohio had one of those. Awesome lookin' dog!

Really, everyone's dogs posted here are beautiful. Don't want to short anyone. I love all dogs.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 6:49pm
This one's a little old but here's a pic of my daughter humiliating our killer rottweillers with Pink necklaces.

Rotties take a bad rap, these two guys are both gone now but they were the best dogs I've ever known. We're now on our third one and he's just as good.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 7:19pm
What?....no kitty pictures bj
hasbeenskier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 7:22pm
NO cats allowed.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 10:36pm
you tell them jbear. If you want to post kitties we have to make a new topic.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 10:40pm
sorry to offend cat lovers; just love any and all dogs more.

There's a reason why dogs are called "man's best friend".

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 11:33pm
Hasbeen, what kind of dogs are those?
RootRacing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 8:22am
Root, Thanks for asking. They are Austrailian Shepards. They are supposed to be second in intelligence behind Border Collies. The two in the photo's are called Blue Mereles. They come in Blues, Reds, and Tri-Colored. I have discovered it was a mistake to get two puppies though. When together they will not pay attention to any thing or anyone other than each other.
bj
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 8:23am
Kitties are for girlie-mans!
hasbeenskier
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 8:59am
I'm was with you all on the cats until . . . a couple of years ago this blond looking feral cat shows up under our back deck, just hanging around. A month or two goes by and the cat still is there. So, my wife, my son, they start giving it some food. But the cat refuses to come inside. It's the death of cold here now and the cat still stays outside. We had a friend that came over and who was complaining about how we treated the cat, so she chased it all over the yard in the snow trying to catch it--she failed. She then the lured the cat with some food into the laundry room. The cat ate the food and then started to attack our friend for keeping her locked in the house, hissing, swiping at her with her paw, etc. Tough cat, it stays outside; it survives.

But, I'm a dog person so don't go thinking I'm like a girl or something. I've got to find some pictures of Buddy, who was also a Wonderdog. He was my constant boating companion.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 9:11am
9 yrs.I am so glad this topic went over so well,something about boat people and "DOGS"
It's a darn shame people cannot be more like the dogs at my house,feed me ,pet me and your my friend for life.2 American Pointers,they have to work for their room and board,1 English Setter[9yrs.] He has worked hard to get to his retirement,house/guard/lap/greeterand companion are his job now.Let the young studs hunt,their days are coming..............................boat dr
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 1:39pm
My girlfriend wants one thats why I asked. She had a Chow that was real old, the vet said it was one of the oldest he ever seen and all she gave her was kibbles and bits.
But we had to put her down and she really didnt feel like getin another until now.
RootRacing
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2007 at 1:46pm
I know a lot of people who are "Dogs"

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:03pm
Otis

La La

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:48pm
Otis... A cool name!
hasbeenskier
EMP1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMP1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2007 at 11:15am
Here is our spoiled dog in our boat-                                                 
EMP
76 Nautique (Former)
88 Nautique (Former)
99 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic