NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mucatine boat show update

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mucatine boat show update
    Posted: February-01-2007 at 8:36am
Hey all ..just wanted to bring you up to date on the Muscatine Ia boat show... scheduled for May 19th weekend..

Just found out there will be sanctioned testing on Sat of race boats capable of 160 mph...(Daves working on getting races next year) heres a link to the show site...
boat show
..make sure you browse thru the boats section...wide variety of boats....

Also interesting reading in the local paper...... heres a link to the article...
newspaper

Lets get some more CC's signed up!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 8:44am
Any other CCs planning on attending this? We're 90% sure we'll make it but there's not too many ski boats there, gonna feel a little out of place.

Steve, are you making an overnight out of it or leaving early sat am? We'll probably find a campground nearby and get in friday night if you and Pam want to hook up. Let me know.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 9:42am
Alan,

First off I want to tell everyone About Dave Moritz, who's starting the Muscatine show... he just plain loves boats!..All kinds! We met him and his wife,Diane, last Sept at a show in Quincy IL..(btw, I had the only "ski-boat" there and people loved it).. We hit it off from the beginning ....Just goood ol people!

We are going to leave Friday morning. And are staying at the Comfort Inn. Paul and Chuck from Mo have talked about coming up also...but arent sure yet..

We would love to hook up with you guys, and any other CCF people... Make sure you check out the website for the show in my first post above. Go into the "events" to see a tenative schedule... Hog roast or something on fri night... on the beach "Drive-in" movie Sat night ... breakfast up river on Sun morning...

Its going to be different from GL,But should be fun! There's going to be a very wide variety of boats. Check out the "Boats" section on his site to see some of the rides already registered...There will be sanctioned time trials of some drag boats and hydros...as well as woodies and other classic 'glass.   
He invites all mid 80s and earlier Correct Crafts...(most boats he,s stopping in the early 70 era).

Best thing is Registration is FREE ...hard to beat that deal.
If you would like , I can check with him to see if he knows of any close campgrounds?

Now lets see if we can get some other CC classics there!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 12:24pm
Wood and alan,

If i can get the motor back in on time and boat back together i will talk chuck into going with me and bringing his also!!

Sounds like a blast!! Bunch of cool boats!!

I would probably pitch a tent and stay at the camp grounds?

This is not a shure thing yet so cross your fingers......Should get the short block & Transmission back in a couple of weeks??? I did get the PSS dripless installed....I think that's gonna be a great investment.

hopefully will see you guys soon?

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 5:54pm
Paul,

You taking me somewhere? I better get the old girl cleaned up if she's going to be around company.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 1:21am
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Paul,

You taking me somewhere? I better get the old girl cleaned up if she's going to be around company.

Chuck

Chuck..no need to shine her before coming...ask Paul,we cleaned his AFTER he got to GL!! Id be glad to help!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2007 at 12:13am
Hey guys,
Dave just sent me an email about camping in the Muscatine area. He said an Iowa State Park camp grounds called Fairport is about 5 miles east of town. It is right on the river and has boat ramps. Also suggested getting reservations in asap,as it fills fast. Here is a link to the site...
campground info

make sure you do Fairport, not the Wild Cat Den... If thats full Dave said theres also "Shady Creek" a little farther upstream...

Let me know if you need anything else! Hope to see you there!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic