NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best threads?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 3:40pm
Rent a damn truck ken and come out........Trust me.....the feeling of being in the presence of all those nautiques and the great people of this site is a great thing......You wouldn't regret the drive!

hell i'm driving over 9 hours to get there! Last year I packed the whole band and equipment with 5 people and a huge 40 foot RV, So no way you can tell me you cant make it out because of a vehicle issue.....Oh and also we blew up a hydraulic line on the RV on the way up and had to spend the night at a rest stop!

but we still make it out and even though we had trouble on the way up it was still way worth it!!

Besides i don't think there was an 86 there last year and yours could be the first!!

Also if you do happen to bust a transmission line or something like that, just ask 62 wood for some cleaning help he's pretty good at cleaning cla$$ics.

He might help you as long as he's not in the same cla$$ in the boat show? LOL

Gotcha wood you know i'm joking around with ya old buddy and i do appreciate the help last year!!! Many beers to you steve!!! and all others involved in the grease pit boat cleaning episode at the camp ground(You all know who you are)

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:13pm
Let me mapquest the mileage and see what comes up.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:14pm
Caravan with Tim. Chad had a blue '86 there last year. Sorry to burst your bubble!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:15pm
Total Est. Time: 18 hours, 28 minutes     Total Est. Distance: 1133.42 miles

I'd hate to lose my axle or something.

Yikes
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:32pm
Anybody know about a ferry across the great lakes? That could save a ton of time.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:36pm
It's 8 hours for me to reach Buffalo, NY. I don't know if I could jump on a ferry from there.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:40pm
Yeah, nix that idea. The ferry would have me there by 2008. Funky shaped lakes.

Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Anybody know about a ferry across the great lakes? That could save a ton of time.

The ferries run Between Milwaukee and Muskegon and there's another one that runs between ludington and a little further north in Wisconsin. Be prepared to part with some cash.

Round trip is $130 for the tow vehicle, $130 for the boat and trailer, plus $95 per person. so if your traveling with 2 peeps it's $450.

We looked into this last year as an alternative to pa$$ing below the lakes in our motorhome with boat and four pa$$engers, the price was staggering.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:43pm
Ken, how about going through Buffalo into CAN then out back through Detroit then the ferry Muskegon - Milwaukee? That would be quite the journey. Hop on the plane, Tim is crazy for driving.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

It's 8 hours for me to reach Buffalo, NY. I don't know if I could jump on a ferry from there.

Ken

Wrong lake Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 4:45pm
And I'm pretty sure Ken would jump on a ferry ANYWHERE.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

And I'm pretty sure Ken would jump on a ferry ANYWHERE.

No thanks, I'm not a fairy type of guy.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Wrong lake Ken

Is that an important detail, Alan? I figured there'd be some sort of water-way connecting these small bodies of water together.

Ken
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 5:45pm

Yikes

Ken...Is that round trip or one way? b/c blondie and I are thinking about making the trip up from FL, its about 1350mi one way!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Yikes

Ken...Is that round trip or one way? b/c blondie and I are thinking about making the trip up from FL, its about 1350mi one way!

Thats each way, from the Boston area.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:05pm
TRB...Did you ever get a hold anybody at that campground?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:10pm
I'm still looking for a place to crash. I'll pa$$ on sleeping under Kevin and Kurt's cover. Tim, let me know what you find out as well. I'll pitch a tent where you guys are staying.

Ken
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:17pm
I am still thinking no matter how hot it gets camping is the way togo for the most fun.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:18pm
I havent called the campground yet- Ill get to it one of these days. I figured there wasnt a huge rush since they dont open until March. If anyone decides to back out of their reservation for either Lakeside or Bayview, let me know!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

I am still thinking no matter how hot it gets camping is the way togo for the most fun.

It doesn't get hot in Greenlake. Last year we were there during a record heat spell. All the locals were complaining. My wife and I just laughed. It was 15 degrees hotter at home, and that's our normal weather in July. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:27pm
Ken And Tim, We drive to Providence RI from Chicago each year and it's 1040 miles, add another 200 miles up to Green Lake from there. I've driven straight through so many times I can do it in my sleep, which I think I may have done a few times.

That is a pretty good haul with the boat behind you but maybe you guys could drive out together and share some driving and expenses.

Tim, Keep calling those hotels up there, people book early but there are always cancellations so you might still get lucky. The campground had plenty of room last year especially if your just in a tent.

BFn, the campground is a blast but the area is so close you can walk to just about anything that we've got going on. See you there
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 6:31pm
Does anybody know if they have a ramp and slips and can you park your boat in the water over night? Ill be ok with the heat also!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 7:10pm
Mark,

No worries man, there are plenty of ramps and finding a spot overnight should not be a big deal, there is a big marina right next to the park. If you get stuck I have 4 rooms reserved at the Hotel directly across the street from the park/ramp, they are all spoken for but Brownie is always looking for some company, just bring some visqueen!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 7:37pm
quinner...Thanks for the offer, but I dont do sausage partys!!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 12:02am
Mark, If you make that trip would you be hauling a boat? I guess so if you're asking about dockage. My collard green eatin a$$ has never been to WI, and several of us are actually contemplating it. I've already left a msg with the campground Weds 1/31, requesting a spot if available. We did NC-KeyWest for NewYears with a boat and this is within 10 miles of that trip according to DeLorme, at 921 miles, so that's a Sunday drive compared to what you'd be looking at. We can discuss it further in two weeks at your place as you install jbear's new lungs. You know, those two things that sit just below the new intake.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 12:25am
reidp...just talked to jbear about all that, Hes looking at new valve covers from summit, If He wants it to look good he should change them! About that trip, if we left a day before you we could meet along the way and drive the rest of the trip together, I want to use my dads 30ft camper and pull the boat..
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2007 at 9:38pm
Sorry I miised this early on but....Paul, please tell me you didn't just grad from HIGH SCHOOL in '86? Hopefully it was like college or maybe grad school or something.

john

ps to MM; been crusin' Summit again. To many choices, can't make up my mind. Like them blue Moroso's tho. When Reid talks about "lungs" I think he might mean heads.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic