Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

throttle and trans a$$embly help Needed!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Andrew McBride View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: throttle and trans a$$embly help Needed!
    Posted: January-27-2007 at 11:27pm
I am having a serious problem. The boat is 99.9% done and restored. Brand new engine professionally built, all new upholstery, all new exterior colors, stickers, etc. but I cannot get the darn throttle shifting a$$embly to work.

My mechanic friend, me, and 3 other guys have been racking our brains to figure out how to get this thing hooked up correctly. Can anyone provide me with a diagram or picture of how it hooks up? We can't seem to get the fwd-n-rv and throttle to work in perfect sequence. The cable seems to be in a heck of a bind as well. I am to the point where I am about to buy a whole new a$$embly. I need some help!

Thanks, Andrew
Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 1:09am
Andrew,

I'm not sure I could diagram it for you. When I bought my 82, The throttle was disconnected so the guy could remove the upholstery. It was a little confusing, and it's an SOB to bolt up the throttle under the gunnel, but be patient, you will get it.

If I remember correctly, the throttle cable comes down the starboard side of the motor box then comes back from the transmission toward the carburetor. Again, if I remember correctly, the transmission cable comes into the starboard side of the bilge, comes up the front of the motor, crosses over to the port side, and then goes to the transmission.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

79skinautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79skinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 10:49am
Andrew,

Check out the engine pics of my web site it may help you, if not I have more close up pics.

www.79skinautique.zoomshare.com
Aaron

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 8:38pm
thanks for the info. I do see that we have the trans. cable ran a little wrong, but that still shouldn't affect it. The cables are freely moving, so that isn't the problem. It seems as though when I take the shifter and move it into rev. or fwd. it seems as though it is about to break the cable. The cable on the shifter doesn't flex right. I didn't take the shifter apart and have no way of knowing how it is hooked up. I don't even have it hooked up underneath yet, I am just trying to get it to work before mounting it back in the hole.

Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 9:59am
Would you like for me to email the Morse MV-2 Owner's Manual to you? If so, give me a valid email.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 12:20pm
david could you send that to me. I'm going to replace mine come spring and that would be a great reference to have.

rcbroshar@yahoo.com

thanks
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 12:24pm
Done.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 1:42pm
almcbri@uark.edu

Thanks David! that will be great!
Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 2:19pm
Thanks, David got it.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 3:08pm
Andrew:

After you read through the manual, make particular note of how it says to adjust the throttle cable at the throttle plate with the lever in forward/idle position. This ensures proper preloading of a spring. Otherwise, the throttle will/might advance BEFORE the transmission is placed fully in gear.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 4:41pm
Keith just added the manual to the reference section under "Miscellaneous".
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 8:19pm
you are the man! Thanks again for the information. I just got the email
Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic