NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cool Videos - Python 502

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 3:48pm
Barefoot Eddie stuffed one of the pythons in his 90 barefoot boat. We got the chance to check it out while at Reid's get together. Nice setup he has there!

Greg

86 BFN
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I wish there was a similar list for 454 rebuilds/mods!

Id be willing to bet that there are more available options for a BBC build than there are for a SBF.

I may be looking in the wrong place, but what I find is that the 454 is used by speed demons in offshore boats and in high end street rods. My point is that the detailed and task specific advice you guys are so good about giving seems to be short here for the BB.
It has plenty of power for me, but I thought it'd be smart to explore efficiency upgrades at rebuild time...roller lifters for example. The trouble is that I don't know all the particulars. I did read in an old thread where '79 advised against cam duration over 112 degrees and that the cam has to be reverse ground...I also saw the discussions on piston/bore clearance...etc

Who knows...it may go back just like it left the factory. It's lasted almost 20 yrs now.

...or I could send it to Boat Dr's friend and have a FrankenRat?!!?

time and cash flow will sort this out for me
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 5:34pm
skiguy, many of us are curious on how the exhaust clears the tiller arm. If you get a chance, can you pull up that floor and snap some pictures down there? Thanks!
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 7:04pm
Buffalo
I don't know sh*t from shinola when it comes to BB454's or how to build them up, but I happen to own one. I don't know if it's possible but my mechanic at our concrete plant, who's pretty good on diesels, says the blower on one of our old Detroit deisels will somehow bolt up to my 454 with some modification. He said that as drool rolled down his chin.
Does that sound possible?
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 7:41pm
Hey Tull,
...down HIS chin? yea, right!   

That sounds like a super charger of some kind...maybe with a high rise doghouse?!!?
LOL

I've seen it said here when discussing distributers going to EI from points to 'bring it into this century'

that's all I really want to do with the motor

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 7:42pm
What kind of motor is the python?

Found it...is a roller 454 a exclusively a LH motor?
http://www.pleasurecraft.com/NewFiles/Python%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf
1988 BFN-sold

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2007 at 12:25am
Mmmmm, Python. Skiguy, I will take you up on the offer for a ride in your boat. I searching high and low for a 99 Nautique with a Python. Keep me in mind if and when you sell yours.

I live 30 miles west of Boston. I'd like to meet you by the end of the season. I drove the GT40 last weekend, which was smooth and quick as hell. I'd like to see what sort of punch the Python packs. That is my dream boat. Post some pics if you can, please.

Ken
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2007 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Mmmmm, Python. Skiguy, I will take you up on the offer for a ride in your boat. I searching high and low for a 99 Nautique with a Python. Keep me in mind if and when you sell yours.

I live 30 miles west of Boston. I'd like to meet you by the end of the season. I drove the GT40 last weekend, which was smooth and quick as hell. I'd like to see what sort of punch the Python packs. That is my dream boat. Post some pics if you can, please.

Ken

Ken, if you really want one, create a WTB thread on Nicholls, PN, CCF, and SkiFly. They will come out of the woodwork. I had several Python owners contact me when I was looking for my TSC 1 boat last year and I turned them all down. They are out there, believe me. Ask and ye shall recieve.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

skiguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2007 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Ken

Ken, if you really want one, create a WTB thread on Nicholls, PN, CCF, and SkiFly. They will come out of the woodwork. I had several Python owners contact me when I was looking for my TSC 1 boat last year and I turned them all down. They are out there, believe me. Ask and ye shall recieve.

I did offer a ride but it comes with one or two strings attached. First you have to drive it and then you have to drive it with me skiing behind it The other thing that could be attached is your but on a ski behind my boat!

Speaking of people coming out of the woodwork in the link that I posted with my original post the Author mentioned that there were only eleven 1999 AIR Nautiques with a Python. Anyone know how many 1999 196's there were/is?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 11:28am
Sounds good to me, Skiguy. My availability is good in September. I wouldn't mind pulling you, or getting a ski behind it. I'll keep in touch with you. Please post your boat in the diary section, I'd love to see it.

Ken
skiguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 11:44am

Sounds good to me, Skiguy. My availability is good in September. I wouldn't mind pulling you, or getting a ski behind it. I'll keep in touch with you. Please post your boat in the diary section, I'd love to see it.

Ken

Hopefully we will have skiing in September. The way it is going up here this year the Lake may be frozen by then.
I looked at the Diaries section and it looks like its all boats for sale. Am I looking in the right place to post my boat, because I am not selling?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2007 at 12:02pm
You can post your boat in the diary section. Just don't check off that it's for sale. You can sumbit a write-up and pics. Keith will have you up on the site shortly after that.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic