Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steering Pivot Location?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering Pivot Location?
    Posted: November-25-2006 at 9:25am
Guys-

At the back end of my 78'SN I have two holes on the main stringers with which to locate the steering cable bracket/pivot point. There is one on each side of the boat.

Does it matter which one I remount the cable bracket to? When I got the boat bracket was mounted on the pa$$enger side and I would like to remount it on the drivers side. Any reason it would not work correctly?

Thanks-
NM
Nautique Mike
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 10:33am
Mike,If you mount the steering cable on the other side of the boat, it will turn in the opposite direction. IE: it will make a right turn when you turn the wheel left. Pete

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 3:04pm
Pete-

Thanks dude!

I had a feeling that would happen. Strange that there is an identical hole on the other side.

Thanks for the quick reply!
NM
Nautique Mike
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2006 at 3:52pm
Hey Mike,    If you want to mount the back of the cable on the drivers side. Then all you would have to do is feed the cable in the helm from top to bottom. That is the way they are suppose to be set up.

PS   Just dropped the Loading Bar tracing in the mail today.

AT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2006 at 7:01am
Dr CC,

Thanks for the info! Thanks also for the tracing!!!!!

Thanks to another CCfan I now have a bow bumper, now my trailer will be in complete working order this spring.

It will be a pleasure to relaod the boat now! Man it sucked doing it by hand without the loading poles.

Thanks again
NM
Nautique Mike
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2006 at 11:40am
I believe the steering cable torque tube clamp should be mounted on the Port stringer in most (if not all) CC applications.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic