NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back to back Buckethead’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2023 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

I am guessing you guys are not stock.  If you guys get bored share what kind of power plant and prop, RPM's it took for this great feat.

That’s not gonna happen, that’s like Kyle Busch asking Penske for their motor specs.Wink LOLLOL
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2023 at 12:45am
In the early days NASCAR allowed Big Blocks,  I know 427’s were used and ran 7,000 RPM for hours in those races.   Not sure if 454’s ever ran before big blocks were banned.   I am thinking you want an engine that is comfortable running 5,500 RPM for extended periods.   Maybe an old school 427 would offer that reliable RPM you need.  Shorter stroke, less internal stress and still plenty of power to accelerate.  Just keep it a secret if you go that way!   Swap an old 396 crankshaft into the 454 block and you are back in business with a 427.   OK, I give up.

PS:  There is a GM Marine Supercharged LS engine that was overheated with 30 hours on it for sale near me.  They are asking $10,000 complete.   I think those have 565 HP, that would work.   My son was trying to convince me to buy it and fix it.   I have done several LS engines but did not want to gamble 10K.   If the insurance company replaced rather than repair it I imagine they really cooked it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic