Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

92 SPORT NAUTIQUE \ WORTH

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hypergrahpics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypergrahpics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 92 SPORT NAUTIQUE \ WORTH
    Posted: November-01-2006 at 11:41pm
I WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT ON A SPORT NAUTIQUE I AM LOOKING AT. IT IS IN PRETTY BAD SHAPE IN MY OPINION. NEEDS ALL NEW UPOLSTERY, NEW RUB RAIL,AND THE GEL COAT IS FADED AND SCRATCHED PRETTY GOOD IN SOME PLACES. BOAT HAS 748HRS ON IT. HE WANT $4500.00 FOR IT. IS IT WORTH IT? I JUST SOLD MY 87 MARTINIQUE AND JUST WANT SOMETHING WITH A BETTER WAKE AT A SLOWER SPEED.
WAKE ON HOLIDAY
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 10:48am
usually those go for around 10K and up. 1500-1800 for the interior 100 bucks for the rub rail wet sanding the hull or poly-glow it and you have 10-12K for the boat if you want to sell it, doesn't sound too bad of a deal, check out the motor, compression check, run it hard and see how it sounds, check temp, how well it start-up cold hot, idle condition, vibration, nitpick the hell out of the mechanicals and if they are sound then go for it, if not cut the price down.
joed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 10:58am
I'd second 79's response. If the mechanicals all check out... that's a heck of a deal IMHO. Does that price include a trailer?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 12:09pm
I would think that's probably about what it's worth. When you factor in your time, and materials, I'd think you'd have in it about what the boat's worth. If I a$$ume a good motor/trans, and a decent trailer, and if you enjoy the work, sounds like a worthwhile deal. BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 7:14pm
45 hunge is fair
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
hypergrahpics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypergrahpics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 11:02pm
IT DOES INCLUDE A TRAILER BUT IT IS WORSE THAN THE BOAT. IT IS RUSTED REAL BAD ON THE FENDERS AND STEPS. I LIKE TO DO THE WORK MY SELF, NOTHING ELSE TO DO IN THE WINTER IN INDIANA. THE MARTINIQUE I RESTORED I DIDN'T HAVE TO REPLACE THE INTERIOR, JUST ALOT TEAK TO TAKE OUT AND STIP DOWN,SAND AND RE TEAK. OUTSIDE OF THE BOAT I JUST PAINTED ABOVE THE WATER LINE AND PUT GRAHPICS ON IT, THEN A WAKEBOARD TOWER .

WIFE THINK I'M STUPID FOR EVEN CONSIDERING GETTING IT.   
WAKE ON HOLIDAY
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 12:54am
You didn't say whether the motor/trans are sound? What about the stringers? Bad trailer, I say $3500. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 12:56am
P.S. It really doesn't matter what you decide - the wife will think it's stupid anyway BKH
Livin' the Dream

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 7:57am
Originally posted by hypergrahpics hypergrahpics wrote:

WIFE THINK I'M STUPID FOR EVEN CONSIDERING GETTING IT.   

Like politics, woman do not understand these things.... I'm sure if it were a $200 pair of cute shoes or an $800 handbag she would be all over it!

BTW- is your CAPS LOCK button broken?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic