NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

heated wetsuit

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: heated wetsuit
    Posted: October-12-2006 at 1:50pm
just spoke to a guy who, get this.. runs a 1/4" piece of winshield wiper tube from his boats engine down his ski-line and thru his wetsuit to keep him warm...BS i dont know but it is one heck of an idea for the diehards
"the things you own will start to own you"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 1:53pm
Well, I thought mother nature gave us a source of warm liquid to heat the wetsuit BKH
Livin' the Dream

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 2:04pm
A drysuit with sweatpants and sweatshirt underneath does just fine for me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 2:28pm
m3, thats what you do in the summer... what about the winter...lol
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 2:48pm
Commercial divers do that. They dive with surface supplied air and the run a water hose down with the air hose which pumps heated water into the back of the wetsuit.
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 3:36pm
Better hope that tube isn't wrapped around the wrong place when he falls !!
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 5:15pm
I read once of a commercial diver sucking up a Jellyfish in the heater hose pickup line. The aftermath was quite painful from the description given.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 5:17pm
I'd be very tempted to put a 2nd hookup at the raw water pump outlet and once he was up skiing switch the tubes on him.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Soulscream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soulscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by jholton jholton wrote:

I read once of a commercial diver sucking up a Jellyfish in the heater hose pickup line. The aftermath was quite painful from the description given.

oh thats not good.......
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 11:16pm
Wouldn't it make more sense to use something like that for getting cold beer to the skier?

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 11:27pm
quinner: great thinking!
This whole thing sounds like a lot of work to me. Usually it's the feet, hands and head that get cold...keeping the body warm isn't that tough. Such a line wouldn't help feet head and hands too much. That guy needs to check out dry suits.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 8:52am
They used to make a hand held shower that used warm water from the engine. People would use it to fill their wet suits. I don't remember if it was a factory option or something Overton's sold as an accessory.
Tim D
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 5:33pm
I would guess several of you guys have those showers. Tim, they're both factory and add ons.
That makes a lot more sense than some line running down the rope!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 8:20pm
dude, like quinner said, beer , now that makes total sense and would be worth going out of your way to rig up, you wouldnt even have to get out of the water, just say pa$$ me the tube
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

They used to make a hand held shower that used warm water from the engine. People would use it to fill their wet suits. I don't remember if it was a factory option or something Overton's sold as an accessory.

used to be a factory option.Discontinued in 03 or 04 I think.My boat is an 05 and still has the shower button on the panel,and I was told I could buy the parts to make it functional.I guess people were getting carbon monoxide poisoning standing on the platform filling wetsuits with the boat running.Still avail from other manufacturers

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2006 at 9:58am
Mike,

I did order and get the shower on my 05, I believe that was the last year for the factory shower, I heard for the same reason as you noted above.
The shower is a cool feature especially in the spring and fall.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2006 at 6:21pm
   It would be kind of neat to have,but all the Flowers I ride with out here aren't in the water till June and are out by mid Sept.Too cold.I would ride well into October with good weather if there was more people who wanted to go,but all the diehards live in Ma$$achussetts.Once the air temp is in the low 60's my wife looses interest in driving the boat.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2006 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to use something like that for getting cold beer to the skier?

We just tie one on at the pylon end and let it sail to the end of the line....

Jeff....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic