NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coreytread-look whats done

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coreytread-look whats done
    Posted: August-25-2006 at 2:07pm
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2006 at 10:11pm
Corey, heres another pic of the restoration process.

frame straightening

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 9:04am
heres before and after

before

after

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 10:10am
Looks awesome. I love the simple Nautique trailers. May I suggest you add crash pads to the bow stop? The pads will help prevent the bow stop from fatiqueing the fibergla$$ (ie. cracks) where the rub rail hits the bow stop upon loading.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 1:05pm
I need to refurb my trailer as well.. Looks great, and take David F's advise and put the vertical pads on the bow stop, they do help difuse the energy away from just the pole wacking into the rub rail... Keep that boat looking as good as the trailer !!!

Moj'
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 1:17pm
Looks good there Dr!
I am on the tail end of my trailer refurb as well & I can't wait to bring the boat home out of storage to start on it. Mine has the rounded top on the bow stop, but it does have the pads to hit against like Mojo & David said.
Those are the only thing left for me to finish. If you would like sizes, pics or anything for them, just let me know. I should be cutting my new ones this week.
Greg

86 BFN
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 8:53pm
Nice work, Good Dr.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
coreytread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 9:03pm
That is fine work Im happy to see it in such great hands. Thanks for sharing.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 9:40pm
Agree with DavidF: those trailers look good and trail just great. Nice job!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2006 at 10:31pm
DrCC, looks great.

Skicat, could you post dimensions? I am a$$uming they are made out of wood covered with carpet like the bunks, is this correct?

Thanks
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
Nautique Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 7:40am
Dr CC-

Looks great!!! If you are still having those loading poles made, I'm still interested in a pair.

Another patient saved-
NM
Nautique Mike
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 10:06pm
69 mustang,

My crash pads are 3/4" plywood, 6" x 18" is size. I picked up 1 1/2" conduit clamps at Lowes to attach them to the poles. They have carriage bolts thru the back of them covered with carpet. Hope this helps!
Greg

86 BFN
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 10:51pm
Perfect, thank you.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 9:38am
I've been searching for the original black vinyl hose, that was used on the loading bars.   I had to cut some of it off, to repair rust pits. Had I known this stuff was impossible to find, I would have taken the time to remove it uncut.

Nautique Mike,   I gave up on trying to have the rear bars made. So I had the bent one repaired.
I couldn't find anyone with a bender large enough for the heavy guage tubing.

As far as crash pads go, I never load it all the way to the front bars, so that I have room to put the canvas on.

Thanks Guys      AT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic