Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DHM Trailer Part Needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Delta Greg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHM Trailer Part Needed
    Posted: June-29-2017 at 1:01pm
I have a DHM trailer for my 1993 Ski Nautique. It seems like most of the Nautiques in Northern CA around that time frame came with those. I have my trailer in storage at Discovery Bay and someone stole the front bow stop. It looks just like this:

I've done some research and found that DHM has gone out of business. Anyone have any guesses where I could get this part or who in the Bay Area, Sacramento Area, or Delta could make it for me?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 5:36pm
Well, I was going to refer you to California Trailer Works. I'm 90% sure that they are the guys who bought all the equipment from DHM. They did some nice work on my trailer axles a few years back. Unfortunately, it looks like they declared bankruptcy.   I think they may have ceased operations.

You might try Shipwreck Marine, in Rancho Cordova, a salvage outfit.
Marine Engine Salvage in Stockton - also has trailers and parts
Once upon a time I knew of three boat/trailer salvage yards in Sac area, but can't recall name and don't know if they are still there.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 6:12pm
A local welding shop can mock up something for you, I'm sure. Maybe even turn it into a swing away tongue for "a little more".
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

A local welding shop can mock up something for you, I'm sure. Maybe even turn it into a swing away tongue for "a little more".

If you can't fabricate one yourself, this sure would be the route to go.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 6:19pm
Don't know if there is any info on this thread at PN that could help=
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Delta Greg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 6:58pm
Thanks for the replies. I already tried California Trailer Works and their number is disconnected. I'm sure a welding shop could make the same part, or I could fab it myself. I was just hoping for something easier/faster. BKHallpass, I'll try those spots you recommended. Otherwise, I'll start calling welding shops.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 7:05pm
If you end up needing info, I know of at least two of us with this same trailer that could help, myself and MrMcD.    unfortunately I don't have a spare.    MrMcD may have the dimensions etc on hand as he had a mishap with the bow stop a couple of years ago.   not sure if he replaced or repaired his though.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 8:54pm
I repaired mine, it is not perfect but insurance paid $400-$500 to fix the trailer and I used that to offset my $1,000 deductible on the boat damage.
I would prefer the swing away front also but I don't think the part you are missing is part of the slide in.
BTW: I tired of the rattles caused by the tilting boat stop so mine is now solid mount and no longer rattles loudly while trailering.
If you need specs to build yours I could do some measurements. It is not technical at all.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2017 at 9:00pm
I have a similar trailer. If you need measurements or photos, give me a shout and I'll see if I can help out.
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Jass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 10:20am
I see this is a pretty old thread but maybe a few of you DHM trailer owners are still on the forum.  I have a '99 SN with a DHM trailer and the tongue looks like it should be removable or swing to a side.  However, I do not see a quick release for the brake line and I would not think you would have to remove the large bolt pictured.  Anyone have any experience with a similar DHM trailer that might know how/if the tongue removes or swings? Any help or clarification most appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 1:18pm
My DHM trailer has a quick disconnect on the brake line.  Disconnects right at the Atwood surge brake rear.   A flex rubber brake line is used from the hard line to the Atwood.  Can’t see from your picture what kind of trailer set up you have.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 2:02pm
The DHM for my '99 has the same as what Mark described for the brake line.  It also has a bolt/pin through the main tube that when removed allows you to slide the entire tongue assembly out.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
Jass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 2:51pm
Thanks for the inputs.  Turns out when I remove the Pin the whole tongue slides outward up to the bolt and then pivots.  The brake line does not have a disconnect, but is long enough to allow the tongue to slide out as pictured here.  I had another DHM trailer with my prior '92 SN and the whole tongue slid out and it had the quick disconnect at the back side of the brake fluid reservoir, but this setup is different and to me was not obvious how it worked.  Now I know.  Anyway, thanks for some of the helpful tips.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 3:00pm
That is an interesting concept....
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 4:27pm
First time I have seen that set up.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 4:46pm
That looks the same as mine except without the modification.  Looks like someone came up with an interesting idea.  I doubt it came from DHM like that.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 7:55pm
Mine still slides out and is removable.  I did shorten my removable tongue by 12", just that little bit shorter helps me make the sharp corners needed to enter into my back yard.  Has caused zero issues with tight cornering, nothing rubs I can just turn sharper.   A swing front would be nicer for sure.
Jass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 9:48pm
It is definitely set up this way from the factory as it's all still factory paint.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic