Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FOAM,ROT AND GUT 78

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
fuelctrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuelctrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FOAM,ROT AND GUT 78
    Posted: June-25-2006 at 10:53pm
Here is what you have to look forward to when you decide to gut the foam from the boat. I`ve seen completion but this is what it looks like before. A garden shovel and mask works well. The motor has ticked me off because it won`t start and the new fuel pump is not working for what ever reason so I have moved on till I cool down.

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 10:13pm
Yep...that's surely how it looks! Scares the he-- out of ya!

The good news of it...it only needs to be fixed once!

Good luck....that stuff has a rather nasty odor too!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 10:19pm
Wow, I think I will never lift up my floor, don't think I could stand the sight.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 10:33pm
    Im with ya there Jbear!!!

Jeff...
fuelctrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuelctrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 10:55pm
It is time consuming but your rite do it once and you have no worries. Now the most expensive item is garbage bags. As for the smell I have a 7 year old and a 1 year old so pee pee diaper smell doesn`t bother me. It realy needed to be done I ripped out the conduit compartment behind the battery box and there was all the water.The wood rot is nastier than the foam.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2006 at 10:56pm
Don't ya just love these old rotten boats!! I can't wait to tear my floor out. I am sure I will find the same thing under there. Good luck on that repair fuel. Looks like you are having fun!
Greg

86 BFN
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 6:50am
Really should use hard fuel lines on the engine, not hose and barbs, not safe.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
fuelctrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuelctrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2006 at 10:54pm
yea, but which is the in and which is the out?
I have found a unbeliveable place to buy honey comb,epoxy,glass and compressed fiber board. This place is worth checking out. The place is eastern burlap& tradin gcompany. sales@eastern burlap.com. The pressed fiber board is called blue water by cosa, The honeycomb 4x8 sheet is nida core 202.00 for 4x8 sheet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic