NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Tribune Fall 1985

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Tribune Fall 1985
    Posted: August-18-2016 at 12:56pm
This was posted by Rauser over on PN, thought you guys would like these.

Link to original posting: http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/general-nautique-discussion/497541-correct-craft-tribune-fall-1985

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:00pm
that's a cool blast from the past!
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:10pm
nice, I love Dales Bass. I wonder where that boat is today. I bet its in his race car graveyard collection somewhere.
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
TedR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:17pm
Chris, thanks for posting this! Fun to see the ol' 2001's as the state of the art ski boats. Cool '80s hair too
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:28pm
WHOA.....that's great stuff CQ. Thanks for posting. FYI....Bud Sellers still has that boat and usually joins us at The River Ruckus every year. He also has a lot of info on these boats so he and Art always have great stories to tell. Here's a pic from 2011 River Run of Bud and the boat in color.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 1:40pm
Yea TimBob, knew he sounded familiar just could not remember from where.

On the Antique boat Q&A there is an ad for Mike Schreiber out of Highland IN selling hardware and engine parts, wonder if he is/was a member on here??
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 7:00pm
The Tribunes are great. I have a good sized collection of these, We use to receive these in the mail.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 10:17pm
Cool,   that's one issue I don't have.
Keep it....from sinkin'
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 10:32pm
Chris,
Thanks for posting the Tribune. I found it very interesting. I never knew it existed!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 12:40am
I hope it's not me getting old but Nautiques web site seems cold compared to the Trib. Maybe because the Trib was geared to the owners rather than selling to a potential owner or a yearly upgrading owner?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I hope it's not me getting old but Nautiques web site seems cold compared to the Trib. Maybe because the Trib was geared to the owners rather than selling to a potential owner or a yearly upgrading owner?

well...yes and no....

yes... we are getting old and...

no....the website cant hold a candle to the fun of recieving the Trib.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 3:17am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

well...yes and no....

john

How the heck did I miss out on these???? Five brand new Nautiques plus a promo over the years and never a single issue of the Tribune????
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 6:16am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

well...yes and no....

john

I'm in with the both of you!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 11:59am
Very cool.

I was going to high school with Kristi (she was a year or two behind me) at the time this was published. I knew she was a good skier and I knew her dad owned a couple of businesses in town, but at the time I did not realize just how good she was or how big Overton's was going to be. It was years later before I appreciated what she was able to do in her day, and I was sad to see Overton's get sold to Gander Mountain a few years ago...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 6:43pm
The oldest Tribunes looked like newspapers. I have a few of this since our first Nautique was a 1968 which was purchased new in that year. Every year has a volume number, such as 1984 is volume 23 with four Tribunes for that year being number 1, 2, 3 and 4. These are much better than brochures. These really had great stories and pictures.

The Tribunes got really fancy with a gloss look around 1983 volume 22, number 4.

My last Tribune was in 2002 Volume 42 number 1. By that time they had reduced the number of Tribunes by year to only two editions instead of four.

Best articles ever, if your into Correct Craft!

Scott
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 10:46pm
So I'll add a little to this conversation. I too used to receive these Tribunes and will agree that they were awesome. A real treat when google, ccfan.com and other forms of immediate information were unavailable.

The article in the Tribune about Dale Earnhart getting a Bass Nautique also references Cale Yarborough getting a 1985 Ski Nautique. For those who may not know, Cale Yarborough was a very popular and successful NASCAR driver in the 1970s and early 1980s. He had a place on the lake that I grew up on (Lake Marion in SC) and that's where he boated with that 1985. Prior to that he had a 1977ish Ski Nautique and after the 1985, he had a Sport Nautique. He was always good for about 2-3 weekends per year (understandable with the race schedule I guess). It mostly pulled tubes and occasionally his daughters on skis. Sometimes, they'd do a parasail.

Our lake was a redneck, outboard, sterndrive, pontoon. fishing paradise, Shallow, stumpy and not ideal for inboards.    A great place to see daisy dukes, confederate flag bikinis and cheap canned beer.   Inboards were a rarity and his 1977 was the first inboard I ever saw in person. While it is the largest lake in SC, there weren't more than 2-3 inboards on the lake during the time I was growing up. I remember the attitude being that only "rich" people could buy something like a Ski Nautique.

Well, my folks (who weren't rich) bought a pre-owned 82 SN in about 86 and other than the Yarborough boat, it was the only regular or semi regular inboard on the lake.   We ended up enjoying the 82, then getting an 87 MC prostar and then an 86 SN before selling the place at the lake.

I ended up becoming friends with one of the Yarborough daughters and remember all of this as good times. Not sure if this is interesting, but the Tribune sure brings back lots of good memories like this.   

Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
TedR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2016 at 9:51am
Thanks Steve, that's a pretty cool and interesting story...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic