Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

01 Ski Nautique Engine Trouble

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mpc89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpc89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 01 Ski Nautique Engine Trouble
    Posted: March-16-2016 at 5:43pm
Ok Guys, Just got the 01 SN out of storage it sat up for the past 4 months and ran her. It ran for an hour then started sputtin and spattering and died. Tried to restart but to no avail. It would fire for half a second but couldn't ever get it started again. I took the fuel filter off and inspected it but it was clean. i reinstalled the filter and primed it back up and she fired right up, so i dumped her right back in the water and she ran great for an hour and then pulled her out. I put her back in today (the next day) and she ran great for a couple of minutes then died out again and couldn't restart. Any ideas?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 5:55pm
Stale gas, add 5 gals of ethanol free or premium and see how it goes, maybe even some seafoam if the fuel was not treated
Mpc89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpc89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 6:21pm
just took off the fuel cartridge again and there was hardly any gas in the bottom. I tried to start again with the cartridge off and i caught the fuel in the cartridge and reinstalled and she fired right up. any ideas
Mpc89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpc89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 6:22pm
how can i check the fuel pump?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 6:27pm
What is it, GT-40?? Low pressure fuel pump or I believe there is a relay also??
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 6:43pm
Pump relays come up often as a problem.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mpc89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpc89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 7:45pm
Yeas t's a gt-40
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 8:50pm
Check the small hose within the canister - had a similar issue to find the hose in the FCC had a crack about 3/8 of an inch long
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 10:26pm
On many GT-40's it seems fixes to your exact problem surround the low pressure fuel pump. It wasn't until I replaced mine, that the stall and no restart went away.

Just for grins, if it stalls and won't start.....try keeping the ignition switch engaging the starter for a few extra seconds. Not a fix, but will get you going again until you replace the LPP. There are a few "cheaper" things to rule out like relays and kill switch, and the anti-siphon valve on the gas tank, all can cause similar problem.

If you read the Poor Man's GT-40 Troubleshooting guide on this site, you'll see wome of what is talking about.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2016 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

If you read the Poor Man's GT-40 Troubleshooting guide on this site, you'll see wome of what is talking about.

Poor man's troubleshooting

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mpc89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpc89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2016 at 8:17pm
Thanks guys! Gonna start with the relays and see. I appreciate all the help! Thanks Again! Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic