NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carburated VS Fuel Injection

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2016 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

This is CCF

Where the moderators are the perpetrators!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2016 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I'm not sure I would call them any more practical... But I wouldn't call them impractical either. Purely a style choice.

My only complaint was the slant back makes it almost impossible to sit while putting your ski or board on or have a kid sit while you are helping them get in the bindings. Also made it a bit of a reach to assist from the boat.
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2016 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by halfnelly halfnelly wrote:

True, carbs usually make better power numbers in dyno tests, but EFI wins hands-down in enabling efficiency AND power production.

They just use carbs in dynos because of the lack of tuning they need to get the engine going. A lot of places will have a selection of 2 or 3 really nice carbs that they use on all their engines to keep quality and dyno numbers consistent
Captain Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2016 at 12:19am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Nick,
I'd like to back up what Todd and Tim have said about the Protec. If you really want a 90 to 93 CC and it still has the Protec, do plan on a conversion. It's not too hard if you are mechanically inclined. There are several members here who have done it and there's even a couple threads on it. Why are you looking at those years? Are you mechanically inclined? Unless you have lots of extra $$$, (and time) you do not want Watercraft to do it. Sorry John and Ryan!

Pete, I really like the styling of the 90 to 93's quite a bit. The interior layout especially the observers seat which folds up and can put ski's and rope underneath the bow area. The angled transom gives it that distinctive look to it. Plus the straight windshield. The graphics as well. From what I've heard they make for awesome boats to slalom ski behind. I would like to do wakeboarding as well. I would like to be more mechanically incline. I would need to ask for help. I'm willing to learn how to work on an inboard.
Live life to the fullest!
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2016 at 2:40am
We would almost always used the customers Carb when running their engine on the dyno.It allowed us to properly tune it and eliminate any issues of a customer trying to tune their own stuff. (TIP: always clean a brand new carb before bolting it up) Thats how we keep things consistent. nothing worse than a loose chip or something from the factory finding its way inside the metering blocks. once we are done we just remove the carb and box it back up and give it to them ready to bolt back up and run. it eliminates any misunderstanding on the customers end and headaches on our end.
The only thing we use to use that was our own were the headers, (unless requested by customer or if it was a strange engine we didnt have headers for) Coil/ignition, wires, thermostat housing, and sometimes flywheel.
We started using our own ignition components after watching a brand new set of accell 8.5 wires leaking. could literally see it happening.
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
terminaldegree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminaldegree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 3:42am
The slant back is surely sexy (see my avatar), though it doesn't add anything in the practicality department... Comparatively, it's the only aesthetic aspect of the subsequent '97-99 generation that I don't like (I assume the "bubble back" is more useful, though).
1996 Sport Nautique GT40/Acme 422
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 5:50am
Originally posted by terminaldegree terminaldegree wrote:

The slant back is surely sexy .

This is even sexier!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2016 at 1:44am
I always had mixed emotions about the slant back on the NWZ boats. But, I watched this video on youtube (link below....not sure how to convert to youtube), In the the first 10 seconds of the video, as the 90 takes off, the back looks like poetry in motion and it just seems to work aesthetically. Maybe the mixed emotions come from looking at the boat on a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar6dvDXra-c
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic