Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Anchor Light

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Anchor Light
    Posted: May-10-2006 at 1:16pm
I have a long rectangular chrome light pole recepticle with a swivel cover over it, I don't know which one is malfunctioning, but the light goes on and off with the slightest of movement. Does anyone have an origianl set up to fit a 78' Tique??

Thanks
Dave..
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 1:51pm
Dave, I have the same light. Try this: Make sure your light switch is turned off. Look down into the light pole socket. You will see two pins in the bottom. Each of the pins are split. Use a thin knife to open up the split slightly (effectively increasing the diameter of the pin). Be carefull not to open the split up too wide. I did this on mine and now it works great and stays on all the time.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 2:22pm
I had the same issue and added some duct tape to the pole just below the bump that key's the pole into the socket that way when it's installed you don't see it, it only took a litle piece to shim it just enough. If you want a new one then you can pick one up at west marine or wal-mart just match up the shape of the base, there pretty universal. Also don't forget to rotate the cover inline or 180 from closed postion to prevent the light from coming out when in use.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2006 at 3:45pm
The pole looks fine and the light works just erratically.... OK, let me look and do what you guys suggest.. Sounds like we can save what I've got !!!

Thanks guys...

Moj'
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic