Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The world is not a safe place at the moment...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2016 at 4:56pm
Well, a little update for you, my CCF brothers.

Landed here at Azraq Air Force Base in Jordan on June 24th. When we got out of the plane onto the tarmac, we could immediatly feel the heat and the permanent hot wind here.
Temps vary between 40 and 48 degrees Celsius (104 and 118 °F) and the wind feels like a hairdryer at maximum level right in your face... It's hot in the desert!

We took over from the Dutch, who have been here for a year. Belgium will take the coming year for its part. We also have a large US contingent here with Predators and Reapers (drones for you civilians ).
Our Belgian F-16's are in full operations mode and have already flown quite some missions (about three per day, on a 24/7 rythm). I'm not allowed to tell you guys any further details on our missions (as you might understand ).

Azraq AB is some 50 miles south of the Syrian border. It's dry country here, but Aman is quite a beautiful city. The Jordans are real warm and nice people. It's also a quite modern and peaceful country, surrounded by troublesome countries (Israel, Syria, Irak...).
The Jordanian Air Force (with a large squadron here on base) has quite updated F-16's and the Jordanian army is well equipped. So it's borders are well guarded and defended.
Jordania is also a valued partner of NATO and we feel very welcome here.

Most people are Muslim here, but women are allowed to vote and drive and do not have to cover their heads if they don't want to.
It's a free country like ours with their own culture...

Oh, and the food is good!!

I'll keep y'all posted about my adventures here

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2016 at 5:07pm
Thanks for checking in, glad to here you are well. Stay safe!
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2016 at 7:01pm
Brings back memories (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq 1990-91), but I was Army so not as pleasant. I remember the air force seemed to be better taken care of (I have recommended the USAF to all my younger relative interested in the military).

Good luck. Be safe.

Wayne
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2016 at 8:14am
Yep.....thanks for letting us know Kristof and glad you made it there safe and sound. Thanks for the updates and your efforts to keep freedom alive. Stay safe our Belgian Boat Bud and keep us informed of how you're doing and post pics if you can but realize why if you can't. We don't need to know what the mission is just as long as you report back that your birds went out fully loaded with arms and came back empty! That's all that matters.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2016 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

I have recommended the USAF to all my younger relative interested in the military.

You are a wise man... As ex army I can tell you that this is a fact

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

We don't need to know what the mission is just as long as you report back that your birds went out fully loaded with arms and came back empty! That's all that matters.

Since the TV news in Belgium is reporting it, I can tell you that our flyboys have already dropped quite a few (US top quality made) big ones hehehe...

Oh, and we have some fun R&R activities too. We have a nice beach volley field right in the middle of our compound... Had a game tonight with the appropriate Top Gun music blasting through the speakers

- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2016 at 10:11pm
Keep your gun powder dry and stay safe !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for what you are doing for the world.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2016 at 10:48pm
Kristof,
I too would like to thank you for filling us in on what's going on with yourself. Yes, keep up the good work.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2016 at 8:43am
Two things I really miss here: The boat and the Beemer!

But on the bright side, I have something fun to compensate... My ride:

Old school!! No electronics, no stereo, aircon or other options, but just a strong old school diesel offroader .
Needs about thirty seconds to pre-heat, but drives through just about anything. Lots of fun on the small gravel roads here on base (especially with the 4x4 off)

The smile on my face says it all

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2016 at 9:35am
Kristof,

I view you more as an EM50 Urban Assault Vehicle kind of guy.

Be safe and stay Hydrated Brotha!!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2016 at 10:06am
Keep smiling Boat Bro, stay safe and thanks for doing what Y'all are doing over there........So much for the TimBob does Belgium tour this summer!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2016 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

So much for the TimBob does Belgium tour this summer!

Wow wow wow my brother... Keep calm... There's always September!
From the moment I return home on Sep 2nd, I plan on going straight to my summer cabin and start up the boat!    

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2016 at 12:32pm
HAHAHA......... may have to plan it for next summer my friend.........September and Oct are getting full with stuff going on here...But ya never know..... A fall ski in Belgium might be a cool thing to do!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2016 at 10:34am
So, France got hit again:

Terrorrist attack in Nice

They did their attack on the national holiday in France... Belgium has it's national holiday on July 21st... We are preparing for the worst

k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2016 at 11:48am
Be safe Kristof

I'm going to europe dec i already scrapped france trip way to much atack there.. hope i dont have to scrap belgium too
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2016 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

So, France got hit again:

Terrorrist attack in Nice

They did their attack on the national holiday in France... Belgium has it's national holiday on July 21st... We are preparing for the worst

Crazy although this is not the first time these terrorists have driven a vehicle through a crowd of people. Happened in Austria last year.

Stay safe out there.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic