Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What year is my Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique 64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique 64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What year is my Ski Nautique
    Posted: July-31-2014 at 8:26pm
I'm trying to resolve a bit of a mystery. I have owned this boat for about 10 years and know the previous owner that had it for 16. We have always thought it to be 1966 as is indicated on the tittle and other paperwork. She has a bulkhead behind the front seat which from what I read was taken out of the mold between the 64 and 65 model years. Serial number is SN1385 which comparing it to others listed in the diaries puts it in the 1964 range. It had the Chrysler Marine 318 Fury 210 which from the literature does not look like it was offered until 66. Guess the literature may be incomplete or she may have been repowered at some point although there is no indication of it but maybe you can't tell if the power plants mounted up the same. Great boat and I have been fixing it up a little at a time while skiing every chance I get. This all came to light as I was thinking through adding a second speedometer and looking for pictures of how they may have been mounted on other boats. My single speedo is on an aluminum plate sandwiched between the helm and the dash. I know I have seen pictures of what I want to do but can't seem to find any now. Not sure if this was ever a factory option. Opinions and help welcomed.
Nautique 64
Ski Nautique 2002
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 8:43pm
pictures are needed.
Welcome to CCfan

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique 64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 8:50pm
Thanks-Just figured out how to add a picture on my post
Nautique 64
Ski Nautique 2002
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 10:56pm
Welcome Aboard Terry! Glad you posted.............

Steve Karras
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2014 at 11:17pm
Well if it is the one in your avatar, it looks pretty close to our 64 Ski Nautique. Our dog house is wood and covered with vinyl (as from the factory). Also while tough to see, from your picture, our 64 has a door to the starboard side of the dog house (leading to a space under the center deck). Can't see what the ring and finger pylon looks like, and your rope clearance hardware on the stern does not appear to be original. Otherwise, I would say it appears to be a 64.

Back then, they were marked the year they were titled, hence from factory records, we know ours was built in 64, but like yours the title says it's a 66. Cool old boat, love seeing another one out there!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique 64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2014 at 9:54am
Thanks for your explanation on the tittle dates vs. year model. My rope clearance hardware is simply a catalog grab rail from some source. Like several of my additions it was simply something to fill several existing drilled holes and clean things up a bit. At some point the proper hardware would make a nice addition. Makes for a nice grab to pull my tired self up after a run but really proved to be a little too low to keep the rope out of the stern eye. As noted my doghouse is all fiberglass front and rear. The passenger seat was already turned around when I got the boat so whether there was ever anything under the bulkhead I don't know.
Nautique 64
Ski Nautique 2002

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique 64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 9:36pm

Skutch-you indicated something in your reply about factory records. Is it still possible to get build information on these older models.

Others-I have attached a few new pictures for folks to comment about. Unfortunate that the dash has been modified but at some point in history this was just somebody's old boat. I have not heard back from anyone on the availability of the Chrysler Fury 210 in 1964 and to the likelihood that this was the original power that came in this boat from the factory.

Thanks
Nautique 64
Ski Nautique 2002
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 9:49pm
Nice! It's too bad the seats, helm wheel, sole covering, swim platform and dash aren't original.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 1:31pm
looks like a sweet old boat! Art Cozier is retired from the CC Factory, and has been able to shed some light on the older boats and their year.   This may be from the era where the records were lost to fire though.   From Pete's list, the only thing I see that is not an easy fix (provided you can comeup with the parts) is the dash.   the rest is just a process of find and replace.   keep skiing it, it looks like tons of fun
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 11:32pm
Sweet boat.No more selfies of your Beer Belly.

Waldo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique 64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2014 at 9:11pm
Pete,
Thanks for the reply. I was a little surprised by you comment on the swim platform. Really had never given it any thought about authenticity. Is it not the correct one or was such never an option on a 64. Can you or someone else out there suggest a reference source to help me figure out what it correct and what is not. She will never be a show piece but no reason to not do things right when possible.
Thanks
Nautique 64
Ski Nautique 2002

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique 64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2014 at 9:13pm
Thanks for the info. I will try and track down Art.
Nautique 64
Ski Nautique 2002

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique 64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2014 at 9:17pm
Wow Waldo-you have some keen eyes. I had to hunt to see what you were referencing. Sorry about that folks. A little optional equipment on both the boat and the owner!
Nautique 64
Ski Nautique 2002
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2014 at 9:29pm
Terry,
The best reference will be in the CCfan brochure section. Swim platforms were not available till 1978

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2014 at 9:49pm
Art must be busy,he hasn't been on for awhile but pm him here and give him your hull number. When he gets time he looks them up. Its not an easy process,he has to go thru microfiche cards to find it. I think the records that were lost were for the older wood boats due to a fire.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique 64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2014 at 10:20pm
Thanks for the info
Nautique 64
Ski Nautique 2002
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic